Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Pay for the Ticket?

If a grown adult isn't responsible enough to earn the money to visit your town, then why would you even consider dealing with this person?

Raise your standards. Use a dating app to set up local quick meets with real people who make their own money, and skip the fantasy stuff with strangers on the Internet who want your money.

This is for you OP. And it's only one of a vast number of cases

[Register to see the link]

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by mustlovedogs
    If he pays to visit you, you should pay for everything once hes here. And then you should pay for yourself to visit him. If he was always visiting, then you should pay half the time.
    She hasn't even met this guy. I don't think she should be paying for everything. Plus, he is coming to check out the town for work, not to see her.

OP, he sounds a total mooch and loser. Block and delete him.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    She hasn't even met this guy. I don't think she should be paying for everything. Plus, he is coming to check out the town for work, not to see her.

OP, he sounds a total mooch and loser. Block and delete him.
    I agree. I never said she should pay his initial flight. But if he DOES come visit for her, she should pay for something.

Is that an australian cattle dog or mix, mustlovedogs?

Can you post this type of off-topic thing here?: [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Is that an australian cattle dog or mix, mustlovedogs?

He is paying for the ticket. But wants to stay with me temporarily once arriving. I feel that would be too awkward?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by e1Not2Alone3
    He is paying for the ticket. But wants to stay with me temporarily once arriving. I feel that would be too awkward?
    Not "too awkward" - potentially dangerous. If he wants to travel to see you he has to find a place to stay that is not with you.

I didn't do "long distance" when I met people through on line dating but if someone traveled more than a short-ish distance to meet me I'd treat him to a meal -I lived in a major city and once someone traveled 2 hours by train (would have been much less by car) and I treated him to lunch -I wasn't impressed that he ordered multiple courses and a more expensive entree- not something I would have done -but I insisted on treating since he was thoughtful enough to travel to me. I chose not to see him again - no chemistry -but thought treating was the right thing to do.

Platinum Member
    How much is he proposing he pay you in rent? How about food, utilities, etc.?

For the same amount he could find an Air BnB or a weekly rental. That is, if he did indeed offer to pay rent. I hope he did!

Platinum Member
    NOOO.
    He stays at a hotel, he doesn't get your address. you meet for lunch in public. if you feel comfortable, you meet for lunch or meet at the museum another day. If he "stays with you at first" he will NEVER leave. You have not even met in person. If he refuses to this arrangement, he can't meet you. He could turn out to be 30 years older than you or married. He could turn out to be who he says he is, but be a freeloader. he wants to "move" to your area. DOes he even have a job?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice