Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: About my bf's niece

I was worried because this girl might end up becoming part of my life too. My bf and I have plans of possibly getting married in the future.
    As far as the update goes, I got a very bad news. Apparently one of the mother's ex bfs is facing serious charges at this moment. He has molested a couple other children, ages 7-10. The girl had a medical exam done and I believe the results aren't good. My bf seemed more concerned than ever. He won't share more about what the doctors said except that the mother got called and was told to come immediately.

The girl was referred to a psychiatrist. Sadly, it looks like she got raped or molested.

Platinum Member
    Poor thing.

She is going to need a lot of help and therapy. Hopefully no one is demonizing her as a psychopath or future serial killer but instead is making sure she gets the help she needs.

I'm so sorry for the little girl but, on the other hand, now the family knows and they will get her the help she needs and that's vital for such cases.

Originally Posted by OptimisticP
    I was worried because this girl might end up becoming part of my life too. My bf and I have plans of possibly getting married in the future.
    As far as the update goes, I got a very bad news. Apparently one of the mother's ex bfs is facing serious charges at this moment. He has molested a couple other children, ages 7-10. The girl had a medical exam done and I believe the results aren't good. My bf seemed more concerned than ever. He won't share more about what the doctors said except that the mother got called and was told to come immediately.

The girl was referred to a psychiatrist. Sadly, it looks like she got raped or molested.
    Yikes, that's grim and sad.

In that case her behaviour is probably just a reaction to the abuse she has suffered. In any case, she will need a lot of support, therapy and compassion going forwards. I hope her mother and extended family provides her with the safe and nurturing environment that she will need to recover.

If you feel his family is too dysfunctional for you it may be best to stop the 'possibly maybe' future talks and reconsider what type of drama you may be signing up for...unless you thrive on this type of Criminal Minds TV show drama. Your bf does not have access to confidential medical records.

Leave his family in peace, stop rubbernecking and stop prying. They appear to have enough problems without your assumptions, speculations, gossiping and armchair detective games..If you are posting this stuff on public forums one can only imagine the miles you are getting out of this gossip in real life.
    Originally Posted by OptimisticP
    My bf and I have plans of possibly getting married in the future. He won't share more about what the doctors Sadly, it looks like....

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I was that little girl many years ago. ( minus the abusing animals. I cried when worms died in the rain.)She needs love not condemnation. She has suffered enough. This is HER story no one else’s. This is between her and her parents.

I can tell I in no way became a psychopath.

I agree with Wiseman. You need to consider the family if you're planning to marry him and he's close with them. If it's a drama fest with a lot of bad stuff going on, guess what, now that's in your life if you're his wife.

My last ex had a BATS__T crazy family and it was one of the many reasons why I was reluctant to commit very long term. I used to feel physically ill before I went to visit them with him and yeah, CPS got involved too.

After we broke up, the thought of never having to waste time in squalor again, getting hit on by his brother, made me weep for joy.

Consider carefully.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice