So, we got married yesterday!

It was very small - my parents, and Chris' mom, two sisters, aunt and uncle (all of whom I'm close to, as well). We had it in a very private clearing at our local arboretum, separated from the rest of the arboretum by a little bridge, and surrounded by rocks, trees, grass and wildflowers. Chris and I wrote our own vows, and everyone cried...LOL. (Oddly, he and I also got stalked the entire time - from wedding spot to parking lot - by a pair of butterflies that didn't go near anyone else, but were so near him and me at all times, that one flew up my dress and the other flew up his pantleg!) We had our small reception at beautiful local restaurant. It was just a day filled with love and laughter, and I could not have asked for more.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congradulations Heather!

Awww butterflies! The Chinese back in the old days had a tradition- you would get two pairs of jade butterflies and carry them with you, and when you met the person you wanted to spend your life with you would present them with one from the pair. sort of like...engagement butterflies

Congradulations Heather!

Awww butterflies! The Chinese back in the old days had a tradition- you would get two pairs of jade butterflies and carry them with you, and when you met the person you wanted to spend your life with you would present them with one from the pair. sort of like...engagement butterflies

I love that!!

Archived