Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Do women like short men who are older? Is there any hope there?

So how do you explain all the men I know who are your height OR SHORTER and are married or have girlfriends? My former coworker is 5'6" and had the most incredibly beautiful girlfriend. She adored him and called him the love of her life. Two men I work with also have lovely wives/girlfriends. They are about 5'4".

The women they are in relationships with obviously didn't discard them for taller men.

However...they all are positive, upbeat, confident men...

Originally Posted by ChrysChrys
    People in my family, including my mum, have been making fun of me because i have never presented a girl to my parents; i have never had the opportunity to bring a girl home. My mum has been pushing me hard to get into a relationship and to have a kid, but when i tell her that my height happens to be a problem she doesn't believe me. I am only child. My aunties are making fun of me, and often i feel alone; i have no one to discuss this problem with. It's very difficult to be in that situation.
    It's weird that your family is making fun of you. They should be thanking you for not bringing women into their homes. Women are clearly shallow, freeloading bloodsuckers:

i then started suspecting my height as a possible issue. by searching on the web i then confirmed that this is the main reason why i have never had a girlfriend; i have never had a girl saying to me that she loves me; even some of the girls i was seeing, i notice that they were only comfortable meeting me in the house; we never went out in public together, etc.
    The reason why i was dating some girls at some point is because i had a nice car.
    But then it will be strange to have girls around you if you know they are there for money? My question is when you know that without this money girls are not interested in you, how can you handle that, for someone who wants to build a family and have kids?
    Note that i have verified this assumption many times and it turns out to be true that if you are a man under a certain height it's a NO GO, no matter what other skills you have.
    But of course your mom and your aunties will never admit to that.

So, I guess it makes sense.

I suggest DNA testing if you go this route.:

I am also thinking about adopting a shorter child and maybe teach him my learning of these experiences; that would be a great thing to do! I discover this problem myself at 29; nobody told me anything; if I had known it earlier in life I would have suffered less.
    Thanks again
    It will be all for nothing if your child turns out to be taller than you.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    I woudn't adopt a child to "teach him" about what you learned being short - that's not really how it works with individuals -especially kids - we facilitate what they are interested in so if he were to ask you what it was like you could share with him what it was like but not in a didactic way - because most kids don't absorb things like that - and they know instinctively when someone has an agenda. Also your child might love his height or love boys or not care or whatever. My child is 11 and will be shorter than average. He's not thrilled with it. I have zero regrets having him -we all have perceived imperfections or things about ourselves that are not our favorites. I notice a number of my friends have kids around his age who are overweight or worse. He is not. Could be genetics I guess.

I agree with Holly G -it's your negativity that is you getting in your own way.
    My son is 11 and will be a

i'm sorry but different persons have different views; easy to say it's my negativity but it originated somewhere. it's the fruit of experience; it started at 29 years old Ö I wasn't born with it. It's founded on solid basis and on proof!

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I'm don't want to dismiss the stress and disappointment you've gone through, but do you think you might be possibly over obsessing about the height thing?

Did you know that everyone has a very hard time finding someone decent to date? It's not all based on height. There are a million reasons why someone is not the right one for you.

Maybe you're focusing too much on this issue. You only need one who loves and accepts all of you, and trust me, it's not an easy thing for find, for anyone.

Yes, lots might be able to find dates, but do you also realize that many of those dates fall flat and go no where? Finding true love is very difficult and takes sometimes many years of searching to actually find.

My dear I am 31; I am not 18! I have been going through this fight for many years. For me to post here today, you must understand that it's not something easily solved by patience or whatever. I have experienced a large enough sample of women to draw certain conclusions!
    Thanks though but I heard that before and many times; it's the usual song, which doesn't help me unfortunately.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The only proof is the proof you are willing to look at. MANY MANY short men have relationships.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    The only proof is the proof you are willing to look at. MANY MANY short men have relationships.
    Out of all short men on earth, how many do you know?
    you probably know 0.0000005‬ % of all short men on earth! Short men you see in relationships are an infinitely small amount of all short men.
    Of course some short men are in relationship but how many compared to tall men?
    You don't just understand my problem and you do not have to!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Out of all short men on earth, how many do you know?
    you probably know 0.0000005‬ % of all short men on earth! Short men you see in relationships are an infinitely small amount of all short men.
    Of course some short men are in relationship but how many compared to tall men?
    You don't just understand my problem and you do not have to!
    Just as Iím sure you donít understand mine being a woman. So itís all equal, right.

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Just as Iím sure you donít understand mine being a woman. So itís all equal, right.
    Lol****************

Why not look at what the short men in relationships are doing that is successful?

I understand it's comforting to have your mindset. It gives you an excuse to just give up.

Many people have struggles and challenges. You can choose to embrace your attitude about what you perceive as your flaws, or you can decide you are going to succeed at life anyway.

It's your choice, even if you don't want to accept that you do have a choice.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice