Do women like short men who are older? Is there any hope there?

ChrysChrys

As long as you think confidence, personality, dress and grooming are not important, you'll have problems no matter your height. For example. Do you have a good job you like? Do you have your own place? Do you have a positive or defeatist attitude? If you are chronically negative, check in with a doctor/therapist to unpack and sort that out.

Where are you meeting women besides bars and free dating apps? Being on the prowl at singles bars with wingmen sounds silly. What interests, hobbies, clubs, groups and volunteer activities do you participate in? Being overly obsessed with height to the exclusion of developing yourself in other ways could be your downfall.

I am 5ft6

be confident

be ok with your height

dress well

take care of yourself

bla bla bla

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a quick Google search I found 4 dating sites that cater to short people. Women AND men.

A former coworker had the opposite problem, she is 6'2" and used a site for tall people. She met her husband on that site.

My brother’s ex wife is 6’1” she had issues trying to get dates as a really tall woman. She was taller than my brother by one inch. My brother’s daughters might have the same issue as they are all almost 6 feet tall and not even an adult yet

i'm sorry but different persons have different views; easy to say it's my negativity but it originated somewhere. it's the fruit of experience; it started at 29 years old … I wasn't born with it. It's founded on solid basis and on proof!

Nope -experience doesn't result in negativity -someone's attitude towards that experience is a choice. My experience: It's mother's day tomorrow and we can't go out anywhere, I can't go to the movie theater I often go to get some me time on Mother's Day and now we probably won't have any camps available for our son at least for a good chunk of the summer and we had to cancel two vacations an my gym is closed because of the pandemic. So if I choose to be sulky and cranky and whiny about that to I get to say "it's the fruit of experience" -it's from almost 2 months of quarrantine in a small apartment - certainly it's not "my fault" I'm negative-right??"

Of course it is - I can choose to mope, sulk, blame the state of the world for my "woes" or I can do what I did this morning at 6:50am in cold weather - go outside like I do daily and head to the park to the jogging path and make myself work out as intensely as possible and notice the moon, the trees, my neighbor out at that same hour - and feel like a million bucks when I'm done. It's totally a choice -nothing to do with "experience" or it's fruit - you know the saying -make lemonade out of lemons.

Out of all short men on earth, how many do you know?

you probably know 0.0000005‬ % of all short men on earth! Short men you see in relationships are an infinitely small amount of all short men.

Of course some short men are in relationship but how many compared to tall men?

You don't just understand my problem and you do not have to!

I know many!

As I said before, people pick up on your insecurities and attitude. This is your problem, not the height. Stop using the height as an excuse.

Here's the truth: You have to date a lot of people to find someone to marry. Some people get lucky and find someone quickly, and some don't. And some people are rated more attractive than others for all kinds of reasons. You can't look at any one rejection as proof of anything other than you're not that particular person's cup of tea. So keep asking people out, and keep dating, until you find a keeper.

I have worked with a lot of what would be considered socially awkward geeks, many of whom were short, yet they still eventually found wives and had families. You just have to get out there and keep dating, keep asking, and don't assume dating is easy or blame everything on your height. An easy dating life usually isn't for anybody but those with an excess of beauty and/or charm, so most people do struggle with it and it takes time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I know many!

As I said before, people pick up on your insecurities and attitude. This is your problem, not the height. Stop using the height as an excuse.

Lol ************ you obviously have nothing to say to help so please don't comment because you are not helpful! The problem is the height. You cannot feel it at the end of the day; I can!

It is very rare that one trait, either undesirable or unconventional, that is the ONE true deal-breaker for relationships. I mean, unless we are talking about you being a sex offender or something like that. But even sex offenders get into relationships/marriage.

There is something else going on here. I've known many shorter men to go on and have successful relationships. Everyone has undesirable traits. The key is what you bring to the table overall, all of the positives and negatives.

Stop focusing on your height for a minute and think about what else could be turning people off. You need to be brutally honest. if I were you, I'd ask a very close friend, or a couple, their thoughts.

Bro 5'6" isn't even that bad. If you were 5'1" I might give you a little bit of license to be a bit jaded. In most places, you're still taller than the average woman, which speaking generally, is the threshold wherein height isn't going to a conventional dating barrier. Honestly though, you just sound bitter. And hey, maybe in the beginning you carried yourself perfect and played everything right and just had bad luck. But I'm sure this pessimism is impacting your dating style and approach even if you aren't seeing it.

I'm an inch taller than you and have had a fantastic dating life. I grew up in a Latino neighborhood with all kinds of short guys who have all been in relationships. You gotta reshape your attitude.

Unfortunately having this angry, bitter chip on your shoulder will drive women away far more than your height.

you obviously have nothing to say to help so please don't comment because you are not helpful! The problem is the height. You cannot feel it at the end of the day; I can!

It's your negativity and your obsession about your height.

If it was all about your height (as you keep stating) then you might as well give up! Because let's be honest, that's not going to change. You're not going to have a growth spurt at 31.

i started seeing some girls but realised that this was not lasting long; never more than one month

They didn't realise until after a month that you were 5'6''? They spent the first month just thinking you were a long way away? :stung::stung:

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek here of course but there's an important point - if these girls did have an issue with your height, they wouldn't have started dating you in the first place.

Archived