Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girlfriend left me suddenly, with no reason given and she's ignoring me.

Gold Member
    Yes give her notification that she has a month to collect her things and make sure it's kept on record. Then when a month has gone if she hasn't collected then bin them. You are not her keeper or her storage space.

Originally Posted by DanAbnormal
    Thank you so much for the responses and advice. I have not contacted her for two days now and of course have not heard from her. I'm struggling with what to do with her things, she hasn't replied to me regarding getting them back but I can't bring myself to throw them out

I'm 25, she's 34. Yeah she had come out of a relationship a couple of months before we met, and thinking back to what she told me it sounds like that ended very similarly. He was constantly trying to contact her and meet her to give her things back and she was ignoring him. She told me he was violent and that's why she didn't want to talk to him. But she's doing the same to me and I'm not a violent person, and we only argued once the time we were together.
    Alright man, tough situation. I'm sorry.

The ball is in her court now. Wait, don't do anything. You pursue her now and she'll leave forever. Don't contact her for ANYTHING (not even her things). Just place them somewhere where you can't see them. She'll contact you in a little while to either talk stuff out or get her things. Just know that you can't do anything except be the strong man you actually are. She lost you, you didn't lose her, my friend. And if she wants to talk things out, be sure you're not just in love with the idea or potential of her.

Originally Posted by DanAbnormal
    Thank you so much for the responses and advice. I have not contacted her for two days now and of course have not heard from her. I'm struggling with what to do with her things, she hasn't replied to me regarding getting them back but I can't bring myself to throw them out

I'm 25, she's 34. Yeah she had come out of a relationship a couple of months before we met, and thinking back to what she told me it sounds like that ended very similarly. He was constantly trying to contact her and meet her to give her things back and she was ignoring him. She told me he was violent and that's why she didn't want to talk to him. But she's doing the same to me and I'm not a violent person, and we only argued once the time we were together.
    Past one week without a response from her, I would Fedex or UPS the items to her if the cost isn't an issue for you. You can also set it up so that she receives an email notification that her package is on the way. I would not keep her items indefinitely or past one week. Leaving items behind or not speaking to you is inconsiderate to you and a form of controlling you and keeping you on the hook. You are not her storage facility.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    Past one week without a response from her, I would Fedex or UPS the items to her if the cost isn't an issue for you. You can also set it up so that she receives an email notification that her package is on the way. I would not keep her items indefinitely or past one week. Leaving items behind or not speaking to you is inconsiderate to you and a form of controlling you and keeping you on the hook. You are not her storage facility.
    I'd send the things, too, but NOT with a letter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice