I got rejected by a 200lb fat girl

iwishiknew

About a week ago on Monday my friend called me asking if I would like to help his fat co-worker lose some weight. She is 200lbs and wanted to know if she could workout with me, I said that's fine. I never had a workout partner before and this will be something new for me. My friend told me she would meet me at the park Sat morning to do some jogging/running. The next day my friend asked me to email him a recent pic of me so he can show her. I didn't feel so comfortable giving my pic but I did anyways. So by Fri I called him to confirm with him that I'm still meeting up with her Sat morning. He gave me bad news, my friend was also shocked about this also and I had a feeling this was going to happen. She didn't want to workout with me because she didn't find me attractive at all. I'm like what?? Really?? Are you kidding me? He told me she needs a guy that has some attraction so she can be motivated to workout. Geeeezz that is sooo dam lame. How shallow and picky can you be? I saw her pic and she was no beauty queen at all. Dam! I can't attract any types of girls at all.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's really rude of her.. If she really felt that way, she could of kept her mouth shut and just told your friend something along the lines of, "Thanks for the offer, but I've now found a workout buddy".

And also, just because she doesn't find you attractive doesn't mean everyone else would think that way. Everyone has different preferences, but what she said was not called for.

She didn't say you were ugly. Just that SHE didn't find you attractive. It's harsh, and she didn't need to say it. And your friend didn't need to pass it along. But it sounds like she wasn't even asking you out - she LITERALLY is just looking for some hunky guy to try and motivate her with losing weight. Unless you are a model, I wouldn't get too bent up about it.

Given that this was supposed to be a workout buddy thing for now, I would fault any woman, thin or thick, for being so presumptuous and rude.

Obviously, she has the wrong idea of how weight loss motivation is supposed to work.

Agreed that it's strange your friend would tell you the details, unless there's some part of this story we don't know.

- she LITERALLY is just looking for some hunky guy to try and motivate her with losing weight..

It makes me wonder WHY on earth she would even NEED a hunky guy to motivate her in the first place. IF she really was serious about losing weight, she would be motivated by anyone who works out with her, (imo). Something tells me she's really not that serious in the first place but was just hoping to find a "hunk".

If she was looking for a hunk though, why didn't she ask the OP's friend if the OP was a hunk, before making all these arrangements and then cancelling?

It's just shoddy behavior, beginning to end. Being overweight doesn't automatically make you more sensitive.

I have no idea. But yes, definitely shoddy behavior.

I would feel awkward and uncomfortable:

* if my co-worker asked a stranger to work out with me. I would wonder why he felt the need to get somebody else involved with my weight loss issue that it would trigger my insecurity.

* the said-person felt the need to send a picture (OP how can you verify if the girl even requested it instead of your friend who is trying to convince her?)

* why my co-worker refuses to workout with me.

* that my workout partner is not the same gender (most men out-perform women at the gym, especially if the woman is out of shape).

The OP's attitude says it all. It's a good thing she isn't working out with you.

She was looking for a potential dating situation, not for a workout partner. You weren't her type, it happens. I don't think you should feel rejected, hey, I don't find Brad Pitt attractive at all, yet a large percentage of the female population would do him lol.

I admit I laughed, but it's still early and my sensitivity generator hasn't had time to warm up.

Yeah, pretty rude reference, but it's anonymously online. You didn't find her and say, "How are you 200 pounds and turning me down?"

She needs a hot dude training her to be motivated. Trust me, these clients are a dime a dozen... and they stay obese. Add to it the rotten attitude and she's not even someone worth platonically working out with, much less dating.

This whole thread is hilarious. You're offended because she did not want to workout with you after seeing your picture, yet think it's entirely OK to post on a forum complaining how a '200lb Fat girl' declined to workout with you.

I think your ego is bruised because you expect overweight women to have no choice and take whatever they can get.

If I were overweight I too would want to workout with someone I find attractive/fit and whose body I liked. Why? Because their fit body would help motivate me. I don't have my hair cut by a hairdresser that has a terrible hairstyle, because their hairstyle tells me a lot about what they think is nice, and what kind of work they appreciate. If they are OK walking around with a horrible hairstyle then they probably don't care what mine looks like either.

Whenever I've worked out with people to improve my body and health it's always been with those whose bodies and nutrition I like. Being thin does not impress me, and shouldn't impress an overweight person either.

Tell your friend to not ask you to exercise with other people again. They should go to professionals. Or Craigslist lol

She was looking for a potential dating situation, not for a workout partner. You weren't her type, it happens. I don't think you should feel rejected, hey, I don't find Brad Pitt attractive at all, yet a large percentage of the female population would do him lol.

Some women find Brad Pitt hot because of his physical appearance. Some find him hot because of his prominence in a field very few people reach the upper echelon of. Many women find Brad Pitt hot simply because other women do.

Good for you for not being part of the social proof herd!!

Oh man...I read the title and immediately lol'ed, and knew I was going to come in here and find so many people saying how offensive it is (which it is). Thanks for making me laugh, I'm actually in a foul mood today, so this was kinda nice for me 8)

I wonder if there'd be as much as an uproar if a girl got rejected from a certain type of man and she made a similar thread venting about it?

And oh yes..."social proof" is quite a thing among women.

Archived