I got rejected by a 200lb fat girl

iwishiknew

I didn't read all the posts, so I hope I'm not being repetitive, but damn if a 200 lb fat girl takes a look at your picture and says "no thanks" I can't imagine what sort of girl IS going to be attracted to you.

Overweight women by their very nature are unattractive to most men, they have few options, so they're going to have lower standards and know they have to settle for less. She won't even settle for you.

That's bad. Maybe it was just a bad picture?

We can only hope.

More likely it has nothing to do with you. She's probably got mental issues, and low self esteem so she just said that as an excuse not to meet you. She probably smelled anyway.

Surely, you aren't being serious?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly! I don't know either but I truly believe deep down that I can't attract one girl at all. Maybe if I was in a different country it would be easier, but here in IL it is impossible.

There are still 49 other states in THIS country, you know...

I think what you're finding is that being considered unattractive isn't well-correlated to any specific physical feature.

Exactly! I don't know either but I truly believe deep down that I can't attract one girl at all.

Then you never will if this is your belief. I know someone who has CP, uses a wheelchair, and who has a wife who is lovely inside and out and has a competitive job.

You could be a cover model for a fitness magazine and if you feel deep down you can't attract one girl - you wouldn't either. You would not recognize the signs a girl lookd twice at you (and would only attract women who want a fixer upper or have a suitcase store full of issues) and would shut her down, you would turn others off with your sheer attitude. Trust me, there are many guys who have deeper challenges in life, aren't traditionally attractive, and they get married. Men and women who think very little of themselves tend to attract very little. And there are some very interesting looking people who have dates constantly lined up.

You guys are funny. Back when I was my heaviest (300+), I was with my ex and he was a well-known area drummer, very slim, people thought he was good looking, etc. He would get hit on when we went out, but he stuck with me even though he had better "options".

Women with low self esteem (regardless of weight/other factors) will settle because they don't think they deserve any better. That doesn't apply to all bigger women. What a joke.

Surely, you aren't being serious?

Yes "petite" I was being serious although perhaps painting with too broad a brush.

Some guys are in fact attracted to fat women, from what I understand in some countries they're in demand; and not all fat women have self esteem issues.

It has been my personal experience that overweight women tend to have a distinctive odor presumably because it's difficult for them to reach problem areas.

It has been my personal experience that overweight women tend to have a distinctive odor presumably because it's difficult for them to reach problem areas.

Are you talking 400+ lb people? Who need to wash with a long arm brush to reach everything?

I thought we were talking about 200-250 lb women. Unless they are very short, they wouldn't have a problem bathing. I know I didn't when I was 315ish.

Are you talking 400+ lb people? Who need to wash with a long arm brush to reach everything?

I thought we were talking about 200-250 lb women. Unless they are very short, they wouldn't have a problem bathing. I know I didn't when I was 315ish.

Fudgie, I'm not really good with estimating weight, I'm just talking about really big obese women with rolls and rolls of fat and butts so large they can't sit in regular chairs or move around easily.

Fudgie, I'm not really good with estimating weight, I'm just talking about really big obese women with rolls and rolls of fat and butts so large they can't sit in regular chairs or move around easily.

Oh man, okay, so you're talking like 300-350 and beyond. Most "fat" women are not that big.

This is not a slight against you. I work in healthcare and I see a lot of different people/weights so I have a good idea of what's what, but I've noticed that many people, particularly men, have no idea how to quantify weight. They think 200-220 lb is HUGE FREAKING WHALE, CAN'T WALK.

I find this to be a useful tool:

Pop in 5'5'' (avg height for ladies), and 200 lb. Many of those are not fat. Chubby, sure, but not fat.

Oh man, okay, so you're talking like 300-350 and beyond. Most "fat" women are not that big.

This is not a slight against you. I work in healthcare and I see a lot of different people/weights so I have a good idea of what's what, but I've noticed that many people, particularly men, have no idea how to quantify weight. They think 200-220 lb is HUGE FREAKING WHALE, CAN'T WALK.

Ok, yes you're definitely straightened me out on that!

Great site by the way.

Edited to add

They have quizzes on the site where they show you a bunch of photos and you have to guess which photo depicts the woman who weighs the amount given in the question.

I got 0/3 on my first try

Pop in 5'5'' (avg height for ladies), and 200 lb. Many of those are not fat. Chubby, sure, but not fat.

Got 3/3 on the first try!

Yes "petite" I was being serious although perhaps painting with too broad a brush.

Some guys are in fact attracted to fat women, from what I understand in some countries they're in demand; and not all fat women have self esteem issues.

I know some men are attracted to overweight women, I actually think that is awesome! I do not like the idea that only one type of woman should be desired, and am always in support of larger women being as accepted as thin women into society. At times, society judges overweight people way too harshly.

I know quite a few overweight people, both men and women, have worked with some, met some through school and friends and no one has ever had any distinct odor.

I've been around average size people, and they have had horrible BO but have never experienced that around an overweight person. The people I have been around, which are or were overweight have always appeared to be dressing as well as they can, their hair is clean, they have a pleasant smell, and I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to smells. I want to gag when someone smells bad, but it's never been overweight people.

I was shocked by what you said in your post about overweight women having lower standards, in my opinion just because someone is overweight they should not lower their standards and often can't help who they are attracted to.

I was also appalled by your gross assumption that she a) is mentally ill, b) has low self-esteem and c) smelled bad. You're judging someone you do not even know based on a forum post by a man whose ego was bruised.

You guys are funny. Back when I was my heaviest (300+), I was with my ex and he was a well-known area drummer, very slim, people thought he was good looking, etc. He would get hit on when we went out, but he stuck with me even though he had better "options".

Women with low self esteem (regardless of weight/other factors) will settle because they don't think they deserve any better. That doesn't apply to all bigger women. What a joke.

Thank you for saying this. Overweight/fat does NOT necessarily equal "desperate woman." Sheesh, people. I know women of ALL sizes who are in relationships with good men, including a couple of very large women who have VERY conventionally attractive husbands and boyfriends.

I feel for the OP because I've seen his various posts over the years, and I know it is frustrating to be rejected, but it seems that this post is saying that a larger woman HAS to be attracted to him simply because she's "fat" and thus has no options. Different people have different preferences.

Most big woman I know have plenty of option. If you think they should be/are desperate it shows your lack of understand of women, dating, attraction, and the human race in general.

I'm not understanding some of the male posters assuming heavier women don't have options. I see plenty of heavy women who are coupled. I see just as many 'normal' sized women uncoupled as the other way.

Wow... where did you get that notion? From personal experience? I kind of doubt it. There are plenty of stinky normal sized people. That is an issue of hygiene not size.

They probably didn't start out that way. There's something about wearing a wedding ring that causes many women to pack on the pounds.

Again, you are showing how little you understand. Most larger women I know started out that way, the guy they meet liked big women, and they got married.

I didn't read all the posts, so I hope I'm not being repetitive, but damn if a 200 lb fat girl takes a look at your picture and says "no thanks" I can't imagine what sort of girl IS going to be attracted to you.

Overweight women by their very nature are unattractive to most men, they have few options, so they're going to have lower standards and know they have to settle for less. She won't even settle for you.

That's bad. Maybe it was just a bad picture?

We can only hope.

More likely it has nothing to do with you. She's probably got mental issues, and low self esteem so she just said that as an excuse not to meet you. She probably smelled anyway.

So just because she is overweight she had to just like everyone that gives her a second look? She can't choose to not like someone? Wow that's just so offensive on so many levels......

So she just had to have mental issues for not liking someone who would be bold enough to even go out with her? Wow the nerve of her.............

Sheesh some people can make such rude comments and we wonder why there is so much hate and rudeness in the world nowadays.

I'm overweight myself though not by that much, and my ex was gorgeous and you know what? I left him! Yes i did, how dare i right?

Btw 200lb is not even that fat!

Archived