It's a boy!

Heather Dawn

Agreed. I am not a doctor, and didn't intend to be practicing medicine! I have a lot of respect for how well women's bodies handle childbirth in general, the world over.

I know that sometimes people do need to have C-sections, and I am glad we have the skills, technology and wherewithall to support those surgeries. I agree entirely that the health of the child is paramount.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll definitely post pics!!!

The induction date is the day after my due date, so if it comes to that he'll be so fully cooked. But because he's big, they'd rather get him out once his due date passes, than leave him in to keep growing - which could more likely end in c-section.

I was two weeks late (and 40 years ago they didn't routinely do ultrasounds or they probably would've done a c-section), and I ended up getting my shoulder caught on my mom's pelvic bone. I went into distress and had to have my shoulder dislocated in the womb in order to be delivered - my left arm was paralyzed for six weeks. So I'm much happier having him be induced at full term than to let him get too big!

Congratulations!!!!!!! I love all the photos but especially the one of your husband where he has that "see what I accomplished" Proud Papa look!!!

Enjoy the joy, the adventure, the awesomeness and the wonder and we have your family's back -as do many others, I know - on the parts that are challenging. Wallow in the cuteness.

Congratulations Heather! Alex is beautiful and the pictures with dad are adorable. I hope you can get some rest while you're still in the hospital before the fun starts at home

So is he big as predicted?

Thank you!

No rest here - too many interruptions and not being in our own home, etc. I hate being in the hospital...lol.

He was 8lbs, 8.5oz and 21 inches - so big and healthy, but certainly not gigantic! And he slid right out after 35 minutes of pushing, so no issues whatsoever with his shoulders.

Thank you!

No rest here - too many interruptions and not being in our own home, etc. I hate being in the hospital...lol.

He was 8lbs, 8.5oz and 21 inches - so big and healthy, but certainly not gigantic! And he slid right out after 35 minutes of pushing, so no issues whatsoever with his shoulders.

I hate you.....lol... J/k. Over 3 hours of pushing and I couldn't get my son out.

Archived