It's a boy!

Heather Dawn

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehe, thank you! (I know they all look alike, but just knowing that's my baby makes him so beautiful to me.)

My son when he was born looked exactly the same as his ultrasound image. Back then they were only 2D though. I do have an ultrasound movie of his last ultrasound where he is about 30 weeks. And you could actually see him blink and smile. I'm hoping to have that VHS transferred to DVD.

My son when he was born looked exactly the same as his ultrasound image. Back then they were only 2D though. I do have an ultrasound movie of his last ultrasound when he where is about 30 weeks. And you could actually see him blink and smile. I'm hoping to have that VHS transferred to DVD.

Ohhh, a movie - how cool! Seeing him smile must've been incredible! I asked if we could film him moving on the u/s with one of our phones, but they wouldn't let us. I also asked about a 3D pic, but by the end his hand was over his face so they said all it would show was a blob...lol.

My friend, who had a baby in Feb, had a 3D scan done late in her pregnancy and got a great shot of his face. When he was born, he looked exactly the same!

Ohhh, a movie - how cool! Seeing him smile must've been incredible! I asked if we could film him moving on the u/s with one of our phones, but they wouldn't let us. I also asked about a 3D pic, but by the end his hand was over his face so they said all it would show was a blob...lol.

My friend, who had a baby in Feb, had a 3D scan done late in her pregnancy and got a great shot of his face. When he was born, he looked exactly the same!

Yeah, I'm not sure when they stopped doing movies. You brought in your own VHS tape and they would do a movie for you. And I think you paid $20 for them to do the movie. So I have a 20 minute movie of my first son.

My second son in his last ultrasound was stroking his nose. ❤️

Yeah, I'm not sure when they stopped doing movies. You brought in your own VHS tape and they would do a movie for you. And I think you paid $20 for them to do the movie. So I have a 20 minute movie of my first son.

My second son in his last ultrasound was stroking his nose.

So jealous!!! I'd happily pay $20 for that!

They love touching their faces! I think it's the first thing they really get to explore in there. So adorable.

I also knew mine was a boy! Certainly savor every moment (and do not feel guilty if you can't/choose not to/don't feel it at the moment) but as I am learning "growing fast" doesn't have any affect on enjoyment unless you allow it - the details of the enjoyment change as your child develops/explores but not the quality of it.

Ironically, huffington post's article today is about this "the dishes can wait, and other lies"

• 4 months later...

I had two boys. The first pregnancy I didn't have a preference. The second I thought maybe I wanted a girl so I would have the girl experience but I was blessed with another boy. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Boys are fun, busy, busy and honestly in comparison to my friends that had daughters (or both) they'll admit boys were easier. I think it's the hormonal thing. (generalization of course)

Boys are the best! [ATTACH=CONFIG]11117[/ATTACH] But I am biased And I have an Alex too.

Congratulations!

Hey HD, are you having an induction or anything like that? I see your due date is 10 days away. Girl you can pop any time soon!!

Right??

Well, I just found out today that I'm 3-4cm dilated. So hopefully, he's on his way. But, because he's measuring big (I was also a large baby), they want to induce the day after his due date if he hasn't arrived by then. They don't want him getting so big that I need a c-section. (No gestational diabetes or anything - he's just a big guy.)

Soooo...basically he needs to arrive in the next ten days on his own, or he's getting evicted on 8/15! But the fact that I'm 3-4cm dilated has me hopeful!

I had two boys. The first pregnancy I didn't have a preference. The second I thought maybe I wanted a girl so I would have the girl experience but I was blessed with another boy. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Boys are fun, busy, busy and honestly in comparison to my friends that had daughters (or both) they'll admit boys were easier. I think it's the hormonal thing. (generalization of course)

Boys are the best! [ATTACH=CONFIG]11117[/ATTACH] But I am biased And I have an Alex too.

Congratulations!

Thanks! I'm actually quite excited about him being a boy. I didn't have a preference, per se, but I felt so strongly that he was a boy from the day I found out I was pregnant, that I got very attached to the idea. When it was confirmed, I was thrilled! And everyone says the same - that boys are easier! Works for me!

The photo you posted isn't working for me.

And yay, Alex! A great name.

I actually to relate to boys better than little girls I think. I think it's because I had a son and I definitely think boys are easier. After looking after many many girls and boys I don't know I just find the boys easier.

I think girls are just tougher all around. I was actually a pretty easy child, but as a teen, I think my mom would've had a much easier time had I been a boy.

I think girls are just tougher all around. I was actually a pretty easy child, but as a teen, I think my mom would've had a much easier time had I been a boy.

And typically you have to be good at the hair styles/fashion, etc. -in my world, his socks never have to match and he likes his hair messy.

Right??

Well, I just found out today that I'm 3-4cm dilated. So hopefully, he's on his way. But, because he's measuring big (I was also a large baby), they want to induce the day after his due date if he hasn't arrived by then. They don't want him getting so big that I need a c-section. (No gestational diabetes or anything - he's just a big guy.)

Soooo...basically he needs to arrive in the next ten days on his own, or he's getting evicted on 8/15! But the fact that I'm 3-4cm dilated has me hopeful!

When I was dilated like that my son arrived within 2 days . My son was a little boo. He was 6 something. I was a very very small baby and my husband was gynormous, he was over 9 pounds .

When I was dilated like that my son arrived within 2 days . My son was a little boo. He was 6 something. I was a very very small baby and my husband was gynormous, he was over 9 pounds .

I would LOVE if that happened.

I just had an NST this morning (twice weekly for the last three weeks of the pregnancy, since I'm 40 now), and they saw some contractions - but they were small and not in any sort of pattern. They said it could go either way - they could increase and he could arrive tonight, or they could decrease and it could still be days. I feel so in limbo!

I was over 9lbs, but my husband was 6lbs and change. I'm tall, though (almost 5'9"), and Chris is about average for a guy (almost 5'11") and the baby is measuring tall (by the femur length), so I think he's just gonna be a big guy.

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he arrives!

This last few days/weeks is very challenging because of the limbo, but letting labor begin when you are ready is so much better for the baby's neurology.

You are in for a wonderful time ahead. So many delightful firsts!

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he arrives!

This last few days/weeks is very challenging because of the limbo, but letting labor begin when you are ready is so much better for the baby's neurology.

You are in for a wonderful time ahead. So many delightful firsts!

I think she should go with what her doctor's advise are best for her and her baby. I saw some of the articles that support your statement and it seems to be inconclusive at this point. Certainly having a baby without surgery/induction is most likely a better experience -with exceptions. I was disappointed to need an almost emergency c-section but that disappointment quickly dissipated when I realized it was best for my son.

Archived