It's a boy!

Heather Dawn

At one of our classes in my 3rd tri, we met a couple who had tried and tried to conceive with no luck. The very same day they finally made a call to get the adoption process started, they found out they were expecting! crazy how often that happens!

I believe that happened to a friend of mine -so now they have two sons less than a year apart in age. It also happened to my cousin (and she stopped the adoption process).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened to some friends of mine - married for 5 years and trying, adopted a boy, five years later adopted another boy, and shortly after she became pregnant and had their biological child about 10 months after they adopted the first.

Another couple got pregnant just as adoption was progressing and they didn't go through with the adoption.

One of my friends just had a natural childbirth, and she was so positive about it and had such a good attitude, but even she couldn't really deny how much it hurt. It was cute because she talked about how empowering it was but also how she "didn't remember much of the next few hours because she was in so much pain". My mother had us both naturally and still maintains that childbirth doesn't hurt at all, ha ha ha ha ha.

I went to school with 2 kids about my age, a brother and a sister. Their parents couldn't get pregnant and they just adopted the sister (a newborn, I think she was from a different country) and then found out they were pregnant so the kids ended up

People forget how much stress can affect everything!

Your mom must have amnesia...LOL

I feel sad for the babies/kids who were close to adoption and then it falls through.

Yes - but in my experience there are usually more potential parents than children. I also so feel for the adoptive parents when it falls through at the last minute.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, how does that happen? He's absolutely huggable! How are you doing, Heather Dawn?"

Thank you!

I'm very tired...I didn't take a real maternity leave since I have my own company, so - though I work from home - juggling a newborn and needy clients is NOT easy...but so worth being able to be home with him full time!

I'm very tired...I didn't take a real maternity leave since I have my own company, so - though I work from home - juggling a newborn and needy clients is NOT easy...but so worth being able to be home with him full time!

I can imagine how tired you feel. It's tricky balancing work and mothering and sleep!

Thank you!

It will get easier when he can multiply by 25 - our 7 year old developed sleeping issues in the last 6 months (but it was smooth sailing prior to that so I cannot complain) - we've resorted to bribery lately - 25 cents/night to spend at his school's monthly store if he sleeps through the night or gets up without disturbing us.

Never really worked for me to sleep when the baby slept -I'm just not a good napper. I do recommend using an eye mask (I use a tempurpedic one) which can help during the day. Sending you all the best and I know you got this!

It goes SUPER fast. Enjoy every single stage. It is gone in a heart beat.

Alex is so cute!

Thank you!! And I know, I'm already shocked he's a month old!!!

Sleep will come back.

Fortunately, I've always been a poor sleeper so I can function on very little until it comes back...LOL

He's darling!!!

Thank you!!!

he is soooo cute!!!! can't you take some time off even with your own clients? or get someone to help you? they say you should sleep when your baby sleeps, but if you then have to get some work done that is not possible either....that must be hard!

Thank you!! It's very hard. I stepped back a bit the first two weeks, and had my designer handle things for me - but I still ended up doing some stuff, anyway. And by the end of the first two weeks, I felt like I had to get back to it. What drives me is that as long as my clients are happy, I remain my own boss and can stay home with my baby. So, it's incredibly hard, but it's for him.

It will get easier when he can multiply by 25 - our 7 year old developed sleeping issues in the last 6 months (but it was smooth sailing prior to that so I cannot complain) - we've resorted to bribery lately - 25 cents/night to spend at his school's monthly store if he sleeps through the night or gets up without disturbing us.

Never really worked for me to sleep when the baby slept -I'm just not a good napper. I do recommend using an eye mask (I use a tempurpedic one) which can help during the day. Sending you all the best and I know you got this!

I'm the same - a terrible napper, and when he naps I work. Funny, though - I love sleep masks, and normally wear one. But since having him, I don't - we have him in an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper (basically a bassinet that attaches to the side of the bed), and we've purchased a night light, and that way I can look over at him anytime and make sure he's OK. I'm a nervous new mama...LOL.

And thanks, Batya!

We had his one-month check up today, and he's now 10lbs., 1.5oz. (8lbs., 8.5oz. at birth), and 22.25 inches (21 inches at birth)!

Archived