It's a boy!

Heather Dawn

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I bet you remember his first birthday like it was yesterday! It's such a milestone, and so bittersweet.

My niece has (had?) a movie of my husband and I arguing when it was time to do the cake (we did not have a party but we had about 10 family members there). I really enjoyed watching him eat homemade vegetable soup for the first time and cake with his fingers of course! My sweetest memory happened a few years later on mother's day. He wasn't yet walking and I said "go get my mother's day card" (which happened to be on a table nearby). I had no idea he understood -he was barely saying a word back then - but he crawled over, got it and brought it to me. Was never sure if it was a coincidence?

Thanks for letting me share on your thread!

My niece has (had?) a movie of my husband and I arguing when it was time to do the cake (we did not have a party but we had about 10 family members there). I really enjoyed watching him eat homemade vegetable soup for the first time and cake with his fingers of course! My sweetest memory happened a few years later on mother's day. He wasn't yet walking and I said "go get my mother's day card" (which happened to be on a table nearby). I had no idea he understood -he was barely saying a word back then - but he crawled over, got it and brought it to me. Was never sure if it was a coincidence?

Awww, what a lovely story - thank you for sharing! Basically the best MD present you could've asked for, huh?

Btw, we also had family members and one of my close friends and her son and husband. About 12-13 people. It was a party, but nothing major.[ATTACH]11436[/ATTACH]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived