Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: She hates me now because I called the cops on her.

Yes, you were wrong. You're a big, strong, man and you were scared of a girl? Oh come on now! Scaredy cat that had to slam a door on her foot. Big man. Yeah, right. Notice she had bigger cajones and didn't call the cops on you. She could have, but she was the bigger person.l

when we were in the car arguing, she grabbed my arm. and told her to let go. but she didnt so i had to remove my with some force to get away from her. and then when i was outside then i called the cops. but i hung up. why? because i thought of our friendship and i didnt want her to go jail. yeah we're not together anymore.

Originally Posted by thejigsup
    Yes, you were wrong. You're a big, strong, man and you were scared of a girl? Oh come on now! Scaredy cat that had to slam a door on her foot. Big man. Yeah, right. Notice she had bigger cajones and didn't call the cops on you. She could have, but she was the bigger person.l
    Nothing like blaming the victim.

Originally Posted by pandaofspdez
    when we were in the car arguing, she grabbed my arm. and told her to let go. but she didnt so i had to remove my with some force to get away from her. and then when i was outside then i called the cops. but i hung up. why? because i thought of our friendship and i didnt want her to go jail. yeah we're not together anymore.
    Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to call the cops in the first instance, with just some yelling and holding onto your arm? But again, I wasn't there, she could've been really threatening and scary, so that it was a fair reaction.

Has she ever been violent towards you before?

In any case, men are perfectly entitled to be scared. Just because they are men, doesn't mean they're invincible. That's a pretty sexist and backward view I'll say.

Honestly, I commend him and she's lucky it was him and not me. Girlfriend or not, you assault me, try to obstruct my path of exit, pursue me, I'm not waiting on the cops to bail me out. You'll end up on the floor with my knee and shin pinning your body and face against the floor until you've calmed down or exhausted yourself. I've seen women fight, and you don't need to weigh 180 pounds to inflict some serious damage even if a man would be favored heavily to "win." Y'all fight dirty.

OP, don't get near this woman again. And think hard about calling the cops. Real good chance she won't be the one who gets arrested.

And this gender-stereotyping mentality is why boys/men are AFRAID to seek help from abusive relationships, and reports of abuse/rape are under reported by them; because of this social stigma.

The actor who plays Quicksilver in the upcoming X-men movie? He was abused by Emma Roberts and had to get the police involved: (such a shame, he's a hottie).

OP, I would of done the same. Don't let anyone else say you were wrong.

This is pretty have victim blaming. Once someone put their hands on you, that's it. There is no excuse.

Platinum Member
    Good grief, she sounds like a gang member.

She sounds like a really classy lady. What attracted you to her to begin with? It certainly wasn't her delicate ways.

Choose better next time!

Platinum Member
    Don't get your response, at all!

Yeah I don't get your response. How exactly was he scared?

I'll explain. Put me in the same position. I either try and block her the best I can, and remember it's really hard to try and stop someone hitting you while not exerting force on them, or I gently (and I mean gently) retaliate and probably, at best, break her jaw in two places. Am I still a scaredy cat then? And then what happens to me, hmm?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice