My husband is hospitalized

TW: Mention of Suicide

My husband has been badly picked on at work since May last year. His entire life since childhood he has struggled with anxiety on and off and has been medicated for about 25 years. 

Friday his immediate supervisor emotionally attacked him again and yesterday he told me he was going to kill himself so I took him to a major city at 6 AM to the hospital. He was admitted. At triage they asked him if he had a plan and he asked me to leave so I wouldn’t hear. 

He reached out to many friends as well for help and they responded kindly. 

I had an hour meeting with his indirect boss yesterday to advocate for him. 

I know he is in the best place possible to get better but I can’t help but worry for him . I might get to see him tonight . 

I am exhausted and spinning my wheels . I wake every morning at 3 and can’t sleep. I am carrying on working because I don’t want to sit and think. I am on the verge of tears all day. 

I am trying my best to keep my son calm and myself . It is a reminder of when this happened 20 years ago. 

• Sad 9

I'm sorry your husband is struggling. You did the right thing getting him medical help.

I'm sorry you are going through this as well. Please make sure to take care of yourself as well including professional help. Lean on family and friends for support, they will want to help you. 

• Like 1

I am so very sorry to hear this and I hope that our support in some way helps you. Remember that you need to take care of yourself at this time -- which can be very difficult -- but you can't help others if you are falling apart. 

Also, what is it with the military and the idea that picking on people is somehow productive? I thought we had left this behind, but apparently it just continues. Your husband's supervisor should be called to the carpet and put in his place. Disgraceful that this is a man who represents your country. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, arjumand said:

I am so very sorry to hear this and I hope that our support in some way helps you. Remember that you need to take care of yourself at this time -- which can be very difficult -- but you can't help others if you are falling apart. 

Also, what is it with the military and the idea that picking on people is somehow productive? I thought we had left this behind, but apparently it just continues. Your husband's supervisor should be called to the carpet and put in his place. Disgraceful that this is a man who represents your country. 

Actually it is a woman and she didn’t get the memo. 

I got to see him last night. They believe the Covid in his body is from our Sept infection as his virus load is very very small. So they moved him out of isolation and he can join the others . 

He seemed more upbeat than when I brought him in. They increased his meds to the max and added another. For now he is still classed as a class A patient meaning high risk of self injury and no privileges until he improves. He can have visitors but not his own clothes or his phone or anything he can harm himself with . 

On 2/3/2023 at 12:15 PM, Seraphim said:

I wanted to thank everyone for their support . 

He talked to his indirect boss last night and the harasser is no longer his boss. He got every concession he asked for except for one they are thinking about . I am hoping he will be ok once he is home. I am scared and nervous but I think he will be ok. 

I just saw this thread now and I am so glad he is doing better and that his situation is better. I hope you are doing ok.  I cannot imagine.  Wishing you and your family all the best.

• Like 2