Open Club  ·  89 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

I love the moon. Something about it pulls me. Tomorrow inight, the Harvest Moon. Tonight it looks full already. Amazing. Add in the Santa Ana winds we get this time of year in California. Its a warm beautiful night with the sky lit up by the moon. Oh, and I'm a moon child, born in July. Not sure I've ever believed in astrology. Maybe just a coincidence...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a cricket chirping outside our window. It makes me happy. Reminds me of when I was a kid, hunting bugs. The large, black crickets are the ones that I loved most.

When I was working in upstate NY this summer, I sometimes walked through unmowed grassy patches of land. All manner of hopping insect fled before me, small brown crickets, locusts, grasshoppers.

One day, I walked along a grassy roadside. With every step, dozens of winged grasshoppers flew up in front of me. Their wings made them look like butterflies and it felt like my presence was heralded by butterflies.

But of course they were just grasshoppers fleeing for their lives lol.

We have a cricket chirping outside our window. It makes me happy. Reminds me of when I was a kid, hunting bugs. The large, black crickets are the ones that I loved most.

When I was working in upstate NY this summer, I sometimes walked through unmowed grassy patches of land. All manner of hopping insect fled before me, small brown crickets, locusts, grasshoppers.

One day, I walked along a grassy roadside. With every step, dozens of winged grasshoppers flew up in front of me. Their wings made them look like butterflies and it felt like my presence was heralded by butterflies.

But of course they were just grasshoppers fleeing for their lives lol.

One of the things I loved in NJ was fireflies. They made the night so beautiful.

I haven't seen fireflies many times in Europe.

The dry cool crisp fall air while I work out outdoors is just heavenly.

Love this... the crisp air, being outside in my old leather boots, everything. Makes my skin tingle and the air is electric with change and newness. I especially love the the dusky, dark mornings and faded light, feeling the darkened evergreens and their silhouettes like silent sentinels in the deep blue of morning and evening.

Thanks! I can’t believe he is that old now!

Whatever the age, he'll always be your boy. I hope you guys have a good day celebrating.

Sorry, Jibralta. I didn't make the slow cooker pizza yet but I did do up some browned beef stew the oldschool way last night. Looks quite good. This will last me days.

lol Bolt... always. Good food lifts the soul.

Nice! You must be really excited:)
I am! I am caught off guard how emotional it makes me.

I sent her link about the higher incidence of babies born during a full moon last night. . We'll, that moment passed.

With Covid, we don't get that waiting room experience :( I'll likely get the news in a text. Just weird times

Her dad and I joke about tailgating in the hospital parking lot [emoji1787]. He's a character. Don't dare him to do things.

Archived