Open Club  ·  40 members

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

I'm hoping to be able to see some stars tonight. Where I used to live you couldn't see them because of all the city lights and in my previous apartment it was always too overcast near the beach. I lived here before and the stars are amazing.

I'll be leaving my bedroom shutters open and hoping.

Well ain’t this just a thread full of awesomeness!! Glad to see it on here and lots of folks in it that have been on here a while.

Lemme see, my son is doing great in college, work is steady, few more classes for me and I’ll be upgrading my captains license again, bigger boat = more money. I’m buyin me a new double wide after the first of the year prolly a 32x80 3-4 bed / 2-3 bath. Not sure what I’m going to do with all that room but it’ll be nice to have. If 4 bed 1 room will be used for hanging waders and decoys, another room for my guns, bows, fishin rods, huntin clothes and trail cams.

Coal dog is doing good, just pure spoiled rotten. Early teal season was epic!!! Had 4 good days of huntin before a front rolled in killed 112. Deer season opens this weekend, good thing bc I’ve been out of ground meat since July and sausage since May so it’s time to break out the grinder, mixer and smoker and restock the deep freeze.

Oh and that boy of mine has decided I need a wife so has found me a singles group at his church. Smh!!

I was on an evening drive and had my windows rolled down and a pick up truck with music blaring pulled up. There was a young girl singing along so happily with her dad possibly to 'Thunder' by Imagine Dragons and they were just letting it all out. She looked over at me and was smiling. Definitely made me smile too.

I've seen alot more of my oldest son since working from home. He stops by a couple times a week and brings me breakfast or lunch.

Last Friday afternoon we were drinking (alcoholic) seltzers while I was still on the clock. (all his fault!!) One and one half in and I knew I better stop. It was influencing my email responses to the staff and decided better of it if I still want to keep my job :)

Thinking of Thanksgiving, and had a really nice memory of years ago working crazy hours and not being able to go to a family meal. My mom and stepdad delivered this big turkey dinner to my apartment. I felt loved, and turkey dinner is my favorite in the world.

Might be inspiration for this year as family get together is off the table?! Spread some turkey and love around?!

• Top Discussions this Week

• Our picks

• Choosing to Trust
      ‘Trust’ is a philosophical choice. We can be cynical, guarded, and awaiting attack. Or open, positive, and hopeful— BUT prepared for all outcomes. Love Advice discusses the pros and cons of both positions.

• 0 replies
    • Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Or Her Mind
      Clay Andrews talks about Why Your Ex Can’t Make Up His Mind. After a breakup, it's really confusing when it comes to getting back together, talking to you or even just being in contact with you. It can also be extremely frustrating how your interactions have been good but your ex is insisting that ex can't be friends and withdraws inexplicably. Had a great time spending time together but still your ex can't make up her mind? By the end of this video, Clay shares some IMPORTANT TIPS on how you can deal when your ex can't make up their mind and how to get your ex back.

• 0 replies
    • Everything You Need to Know About Going "No Contact"
      1. Signs That "No Contact" Is Needed, 2. Understanding "No Contact", 3. The Benefits of "No Contact", 4. Strategies to Make "No Contact" Work, 5. What Makes "No Contact" So Hard?, 6. Why You're Struggling to Stay Away.

• 0 replies
    • 6 Signs You Are Hurting Subconsciously
      Do you value having a positive and optimistic perspective of life, no matter how bad things are? Being overly positive and optimistic can be as bad, or even worse, than having a negative approach to something. After all, lying to yourself is very rarely the best way to approach things and it can be detrimental to your mental health. So, if you're not happy or hurting about something, it is important that you acknowledge it instead of repressing and ignoring it.

• 0 replies
    • 7 Habits That Make You Irresistible
      What are some simple habits that make you irresistible to women, men, and everyone? If you want to be a more attractive person, these easy habits will get you there. Confidence is half the battle - at least.

• 0 replies