Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAG. mmmm. Turkey dinner, proper turkey dinner at Christmas. Delicious. Hope that six of us anyhow can get together for that dinner this year.

On the news this morning, store are gearing up with smaller turkeys and turkey breasts assuming there won't be the typical large gatherings. I can never get my hands on a turkey breast in the past. This should be interesting.

Great thread, everyone.

I'll just offer a quote from the book that inspired my screen name:

“Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”

Maya Angelou, Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now

Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”

― Maya Angelou, Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you JN. . thoughtful post.

I am trying to be creative working from home and cooking for one during the week.

Trying to mix it up a little. I'm in my 7th month of house arrest and turkey sandwich's and chicken salad weren't cutting it anymore.

Just finished ramen I bought from Costco. I added some stir fry veg's and I bought some stir fry steak and froze it single serving packages. The ramen flavor was Tomkatsu and with some Siracha for zing, I have to say I am a pretty happy camper right now. Delicious!

hmmm. . .now what do it do with myself? I guess I'll go for a walk. In a couple weeks 5oclock quitting time will be dark ;(

Books. Books, books and more books. I've been on a major reading binge lately, starting a new book almost every second/third day. If there's one good thing to say about chronic insomnia, it would have to be reading books.

I'm using books as a great use of distraction/escapism. Found it helps with my codependent issues.

I've also started practicing mindfulness which I was somewhat skeptical about. However so far, it's definitely been a positive experience.

Did everything go all right? How's the baby and mum?

After 12 hours they intervened and she was born via c section last night. C section baby's are typically really pretty and this one is no exception! She is absolutely beautiful.

Weird times where we were denied that waiting room experience and get notified by text. Along with Covid they both have to stay put until sometime Thursday. We can't even send flowers.

So excited I could hardly sleep last night! Thanks for asking :) Can't wait to hold her.

After 12 hours they intervened and she was born via c section last night. C section baby's are typically really pretty and this one is no exception! She is absolutely beautiful.

Weird times where we were denied that waiting room experience and get notified by text. Along with Covid they both have to stay put until sometime Thursday. We can't even send flowers.

So excited I could hardly sleep last night! Thanks for asking :) Can't wait to hold her.

Congratulations!! So happy for you and your family. Really great news, reinvent. Very happy to hear this.

Beautiful!! Congratulations, Reinvent!

I wish I could hear what they're thinking. But she looks like "OK, guys, I've had enough. I want to chill out and relax now."

Do you remember the movie, Look Who's Talking? Bruce Willis plays the voice of the baby. At the end, Joan Rivers voiced his newborn sister. So funny.

Archived