Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

This is probably very simple but saved me time and money. I've been on the look out for red or tricoloured quinoa and recently found affordable boatloads in decent sized bags at my local Costco. Previously, I was rummaging around other local stores and coming up unhappy. I tried it this week and it's fantastic. I'll be buying more.

I'm also reminded of someone who left me fresh cut wild roses on my desk last year, another female coworker. I still have the vase which I took home, empty for awhile. That was such a kind thing to do and thoughtful. I'll start filling it with flowers.

I love plants too. They bring so much life to a space. There were two mother plants (pothos) at work, loaned from a company, I believe. There's someone that visits the building and cares for them. I started propagating little minis and they have now grown so beautifully. I transplanted them into pots around my house and they've added a very welcoming feel. I'm thinking of adding orchids to the mix also. The thing with orchids is they only bloom at certain times of the year but I don't mind. There's some history with them as my mum loved them too and she worked with a company that handled them quite a bit. My mother propagated plants all her life and there were jars and pots everywhere, little minis rooting and growing at different intervals. My sister-in-law is also similar so when we get together it's a regular discussion about plants.

Garden away, Bolt! I think it's great fun to be outdoors and mucking around. Very therapeutic also. I have some pains in my hands gardening in the cold. I think it was from my years kayaking and the icy water. I'm not sure. I try to avoid being out too long or keep them covered.

Everybody is putting up Christmas decorations outside and inside.

I am such a sucker for Xmas decor.

What does your son like to cook most?

I discovered a documentary on Gauguin the French painter yesterday and finished it today. A prolific painter with a very interesting life.

Archived