Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend too busy to visit me in the hospital

Yes, unfortunately I do feel he痴 too busy. I support him with everything he does, go to him sometimes after work just to see him even if I have to sit in long traffic then drive back home.
    To be fair, he痴 done that for me too.

I知 going to just focus on myself and my recovery. I値l support him and his dreams even if in the end, we値l not be together. I just want him to reach his goals.

Thank you everyone!!! I値l try not to stress too much now and just be healthy

Yeah, I'm sorry but the video game thing really doesn't sit well with me. You've known each other for years, have been romantic for a few months, and as busy as he is he actually has a day off where he can visit but lets you know that he will play video games "all day." Not the coolest.

He's busy, he's stressed, I get it. But life sometimes throws you moments that mean putting off the ideal decompression choice for the one that serves you best long term.

It would likely be a dealbreaker for me, but only you know how you feel. If this is the first seed of resentment, and you can already feel it, it's best to address it than play "cool" with something you're not cool with.

Platinum Member
    [Deleted]

mona, yes focus on your surgery and your recovery. I hope it goes well and that you recover quickly.

Take care.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 09-13-2018 at 10:35 PM.

It doesn't sound like you're on the same page as each other. He definitely doesn't sound like he's ready for a serious relationship or the commitment you are hoping for.

If he wants to relax on Sunday after a grueling week, so be it, but it should show you where your place is in his life. If you want a more committed partner, you will have to look elsewhere.

I hope your surgery goes well and speedy healing.

Platinum Member
    When video games become more important it's time to be done. Lose him.

Would have been nice to have ALL the relevant information beforehand. It gets confusing when bits and pieces of information keep getting added after the original post.

You've been together for four years. Has it been a happy relationship?

I wasn't finding this a big deal (even the video game time I think it's ok) until you said he said right away he won't be able to see you for 2 months too while you're on recovery.
    I get that he's on a big career stressful time and that he can't visit you at the hospital but do you want to be with a man that won't even have time for a quick visit (or for you in general) in such a long period of time? It doesn't make him a bad person and I get that he's working hard for his career and that's great but I don't think it'd work for me to be with someone with so little time to date. Unless this is a short term temporary thing but still...

Platinum Member
    Two month's recovery? This is a major operation then! He should definitely visit you on the weekend! I don't think he cares.

What else does he do? Do you have arguments? Does he treat you poorly? You need to find a boyfriend who care more about you.

Platinum Member
    Eh, with all the information you keep adding, OP, it's clear he's just not that bothered about you.

You've only been dating a few months and being a martyr is a bad habit that needs to end. That is not the basis of anything healthy. Let him focus on his endeavors and stop being a mother, cheerleader, etc. Fastest way to kill a relationship is acting like that.
    Originally Posted by Monalissa
    I support him with everything he does, go to him sometimes after work just to see him even if I have to sit in long traffic then drive back home. I値l support him and his dreams even if in the end, we値l not be together. I just want him to reach his goals.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice