Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

For the first time since this started I forgot to wash my hands after going to a store and coming back in the house.:( hopefully that doesn’t turn out to be a mistake but a reminder to be more vigilant.

Chances are pretty low that you touched something that an infected person touched. Even lower that someone who is infected touched their nose or mouth or sneezed or coughed right on that very item.

I remind myself of that frequently. Probably will be just fine.

Chances are pretty low that you touched something that an infected person touched. Even lower that someone who is infected touched their nose or mouth or sneezed or coughed right on that very item.

I remind myself of that frequently. Probably will be just fine.

The only thing I touched was a keypad for debit. But they are supposed to be wiping the keypad continuously throughout the day.

There is a lot of controversy about workplace testing (accuracy, privacy, etc) as well as a lot of push-back from tracking apps for the same reason:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/11/technology/coronavirus-worker-testing-privacy.html How creepy is this: "When he stepped inside the employee food prep area, a fever-detection and facial recognition camera service, PopID, quickly identified him by name and gauged his temperature. Then a small tablet screen underneath the camera posted a message that cleared him to enter.

“Thank you Bob, you have a healthy Temp. of 98.06,” the screen said. “PopID aims to create a safe environment and stop the spread of Covid-19.”

Creepy, yes!

Just got word our company wont be back in the offices at least through the end of June.

Mixed emotions. Some relief but at the same time the isolation from working at home really wears on me.

The realization I could be closer than ever to being laid off.

With the massive unemployment rates, will I ever work again?

Just got word our company wont be back in the offices at least through the end of June.

Mixed emotions. Some relief but at the same time the isolation from working at home really wears on me.

The realization I could be closer than ever to being laid off.

With the massive unemployment rates, will I ever work again?

Hoping for the best for you. We're facing similar struggles here.

I am a bit worried. My son is headed downtown because his favourite store is allowed to open today . I’m worried though because he refuses to wear a mask due to sensory situation .

You know, there are so many issues like this people don't know about/overlook! I understand his feelings on the subject and I hope it all goes ok.

His mask would protect others from him in the event he's a carrier. Since that's not a possibility he should be OK without one. Hopefully the others in the store will wear them OR will be diligent about social distancing. Will he wear gloves?

He most likely will be fine.

His mask would protect others from him in the event he's a carrier. Since that's not a possibility he should be OK without one. Hopefully the others in the store will wear them OR will be diligent about social distancing. Will he wear gloves?

In one of the stores I go to they are insistent you wear a mask and have them available. I don't want to use one of theirs (for hygiene reasons) so I wear a face covering. But today I wanted to go because Starbucks was out of what I wanted to get my husband for lunch but I had no face covering. So I didn't go -wasn't up for the staring even though I would have just gotten one item.

No, he won’t wear gloves either. My area has had no new cases in almost 3 weeks. I just got a message from him that he never went into the store because he couldn’t figure out if it was open so his dad‘s going to go pick him up.

You know, there are so many issues like this people don't know about/overlook! I understand his feelings on the subject and I hope it all goes ok.

That’s the thing a lot of people don’t think about how this affects the disabled. Thank you for thinking about it.

That’s the thing a lot of people don’t think about how this affects the disabled. Thank you for thinking about it.

I've heard a number of radio programs on public radio about how to handle this situation with children or adults on the spectrum. And there was a story about a child who used hearing aids and needed to continue his therapies, etc. And then there's my friend -lol -whose 23 year old daughter is living with her now working from home because otherwise she'd live in a hot spot. Anyway they order a $600 espresso machine a few months ago since all the cafes closed. They already have a coffee maker but you know -espresso. So it broke yesterday and apparently she needs coffee to avoid a headache and it has to be espresso because of the acid content. The new one is arriving today after hours on the phone with the seller. My friend of course recognizes that the problem is teensy in the scheme of things but - I don't know - you can't have one morning regular coffee or abstain? Again it's all about support and perspective ….

Batya,

I get your friend's problem as if I don't have my morning coffee, I get a migraine by 2pm. But holy cow, you don't need a $600 espresso machine. I always keep a bottle of caffeine pills. Actually, I have 2, one in the car and one at home. Each pill contains about 200mg of caffeine so taking one isn't going to put me overboard. I take a pill if I am sick and can't stomach coffee or if I am going hunting/boating and don't want to worry about peeing later.

$2 bottle of caffeine tabs or a $600 espresso machine...hmm. But I've noticed some people just don't think of solutions like that. Oh well, their loss.

I've just gotten some wonderful news. Due to my work, my workplace is testing us all a few times a week for covid. The tests are done ON SITE. I am not using my insurance or paying a dime for them. But I'll get the test done (not a deep nose swab, it's a newer test) and I'll get a call if I'm positive. I start this in a few days.

This could actually give me the reassurance I need to see my family. Not stop taking precautions of course, but seeing my family!!

I got tested last week. The result was "Covid 19 not detected " which is great, but every time I leave home I fear getting exposed.

My employer is possibly going to have us tested. So many people are mad about it! They say it's a violation of their privacy. I want to be tested! Every week if possible!

BTW the test I had was a throat scraping.

The placement student on my team was tested positive...he has mild symptoms probably because he is young. Thankfully we will continue working from home till June. So, what happens when a person overcomes the virus after two weeks, does he still carry it?

The placement student on my team was tested positive...he has mild symptoms probably because he is young. Thankfully we will continue working from home till June. So, what happens when a person overcomes the virus after two weeks, does he still carry it?

There is differing research on this from what I understand including whether, if it's carried, it's still contagious. Were you in close contact?

There is differing research on this from what I understand including whether, if it's carried, it's still contagious. Were you in close contact?

Not really close, maybe a few desks away but that was 2 months ago. I am more worried about when we get back to the office. On a floor with 100 people you don't know who had it....