Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

How is everyone?

Significantly more edgy than usual, not going to sugarcoat it. Suffice to say I haven't needed the computer or TV to know what's been going on. Not easy to relax, at least with my personal temperament and convictions, when the National Guard is parked outside your front door. Not sure what's on the other side of this, but doing what I can to live through it without too much wobbling—not always succeeding on that front, but so it goes—and putting my energy and already pretty anemic pocketbook toward pushing for the world I want to live in.

Appreciate your words about the bravery, bolt. Everyone I know is out there, peacefully.

My anxiety is spiking slightly looking at the huge crowds. I am sure there will be hundreds of new Covid cases

Those were my thoughts too. Ugh, no one seems to care anymore about Covid and have thrown out all sense. Don't get me wrong, I support the cause but Covid is still alive and well.

So sorry to hear, Blue. I was wondering just the other day how you were doing. I'm sorry things have not improved. I hope they get better for you though, sooner than you expect.

Are you doing okay, Seraphim?

Those were my thoughts too. Ugh, no one seems to care anymore about Covid and have thrown out all sense. Don't get me wrong, I support the cause but Covid is still alive and well.

So sorry to hear, Blue. I was wondering just the other day how you were doing. I'm sorry things have not improved. I hope they get better for you though, sooner than you expect.

Are you doing okay, Seraphim?

I am pretty much ok. The odd twinge of anxiety here and there but for the most part ok right now.

I keep saying this is the end times.

I just met my next door neighbor. Very nice young lady. Of course I am now worrying because neither of us had masks on since we we just happened to be taking out the trash at the same time and the barrels are right downstairs . We had about a 15 second conversation and were about 4 feet apart. Seems both silly and logical at the same time to worry about that.

Im doing semi ok on the covid front.

Going to visit the in laws soon, but one of them lives predominantly in a city and is also going to be there, so anxious about the additional exposure. I'm kind of hoping he keeps away (not fiances dad). But it'll be nice to see them.

My mum's got 24hr release from hospital too so on our way home we're going to see her, they get tested regularly for covid so I know we're safe on that front..I just hope his family are as safe as we are, I know they wouldn't let us go down if they thought they'd pose a risk to daughter (will be socially distanced).

I just met my next door neighbor. Very nice young lady. Of course I am now worrying because neither of us had masks on since we we just happened to be taking out the trash at the same time and the barrels are right downstairs . We had about a 15 second conversation and were about 4 feet apart. Seems both silly and logical at the same time to worry about that.

I know -it's a time when there are infinite triggers. I've also found myself worrying about whether friends who are not close friends -like my coworker who I have lunch with about every 6 weeks or so the last 3 years -we work in different departments -will still want to when things are normal -not for fear of the virus just because you know time apart (we text on and off). I feel the same about a new friend I made last year -we'd had lunch in January and planned something for March but....

A second hospital is having to do a partial closure due to covid. Closing their emergency department for 3 months in preparation for a second spike. The UK has a higher death toll than the rest of Europe combined (per 1000 people). We're the laughing stock of the world currently. Ugh.

Thing is, we are getting back to "normal" despite still having a relatively high number of deaths.

Let's see how that goes.

Thing is, we are getting back to "normal" despite still having a relatively high number of deaths.

Let's see how that goes.

Second spike will be happening soon. Mind you our deaths don't actually seem to have got much lower from what I can see. Somerset R rate is over 1. It's ridiculous and scary. I highly doubt we'll go back into lock down. But if I continue this will end up political...

My son and I would agree with you there about end times.

How is everyone?

Can’t complain, got off the boat Friday, got up Saturday morning, planted my dove field, about 6-7 acers of brown top millet, talked to the core group from my old deer lease and made plans to all get together for a dove shoot in September kind of a memorial hunt for a good friend of ours that passed away last month. After that got my camper set up at the lake, then to end the day me and Thomas threw some steaks on the grill. Went to sleep with a lab laying on my feet. It was a great day

Like many I'm sure, just trying to figure out the work situation. My side job is still sending me emails about " pending until further notice, but we have lots of work for when we get back! ". I'm not counting on it at all, as I personally don't think they are going to recover.

My regular business has been hit hard, but is limping along. Will not be abandoning it, but can't rely on it as a sole source of income.

So, adapting and trying out various approaches to fresh incomes.

How's everyone else doing on the work front?

I'm still on salary (for which I am very grateful) but I am expecting to be called back into work any day. I'm expecting to be given very little or no advance notice, as in they will message me saying to report that night. I'm not happy about having to work in a building with about 150 other people in very close quarters but that is what my job requires.

Being "essential" is not what I asked for, but I am grateful for a paycheck.

Like many I'm sure, just trying to figure out the work situation. My side job is still sending me emails about " pending until further notice, but we have lots of work for when we get back! ". I'm not counting on it at all, as I personally don't think they are going to recover.

My regular business has been hit hard, but is limping along. Will not be abandoning it, but can't rely on it as a sole source of income.

So, adapting and trying out various approaches to fresh incomes.

How's everyone else doing on the work front?

Fighting to save my business as well. Lucky hubby is salary. But we are still behind the 8 Ball but I have a plan.

I'm still on salary (for which I am very grateful) but I am expecting to be called back into work any day. I'm expecting to be given very little or no advance notice, as in they will message me saying to report that night. I'm not happy about having to work in a building with about 150 other people in very close quarters but that is what my job requires.

Being "essential" is not what I asked for, but I am grateful for a paycheck.

I would find that stressful as well!

Fighting to save my business as well. Lucky hubby is salary. But we are still behind the 8 Ball but I have a plan.

A plan is good!

I have loose plans, sort of seeing what is going to stick.

I know we will be ok though. We are resourceful, and we will do whatever we have to in order to get through. Just means adjusting as needed.

I know of quite a few people who aren't doing as great, as they really were in a paycheck to paycheck situation before this. It's going to be hard on them coming up.

Already have seen a lot of houses up for sale.

I would find that stressful as well!

Yeah, they tell us to stay 6 feet apart but there's nowhere to go. Everywhere I tried to move to someone was already there. And they still hammer us about our production metrics and question us if we miss goals.

I'm a key worker in health care so my jobs pretty safe, although really questioning if I want to go back to that line of work after so this. Also my mum likely won't be available to be my childcare which means I can't afford to go back really as my wages would barely cover childcare. We're going to look into if my fiance can adjust his working hours but it would mean I can only work set days and times which a lot of companies don't like. It's gonna be tough

I just want the libraries to open. I'm sick of studying at home. There was barely anyone in the library pre-covid!

Small protests here, city violence up as a whole with the warmer weather. I'm feeling a little better but not by much. I've never felt time move so slowly as an adult.

In my city the libraries are about to re-open. You have to reserve books online and pick them up curbside, there is no going into the library to read or study. I'm sure the reason is they don't have enough workers to go around disinfecting all of the areas throughout the day.

I won't get library books because I don't know what the disinfecting protocols are. And I can't figure out how to disinfect books myself without potentially ruining them.

I'm with you, I love libraries but it's something I don't think I'll be able to do for a long, long time.

So it looks like next week and the week after I will be working onsite one day a week. I haven't been told yet which location I am assigned to but I presume I'll get that information in the next few days.