Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

Not really close, maybe a few desks away but that was 2 months ago. I am more worried about when we get back to the office. On a floor with 100 people you don't know who had it....

Oh I see -I would think by that time he'd be recovered? Or you can distance?

LOL, yes never trust the CDC, NIH or WHO websites or find them through google since that's where all the medical professional get their guidelines from.

I wouldn't google a thing. I'd ask my doctor and find trusted resources through medical professionals.
LOL, yes never trust the CDC, NIH or WHO websites or find them through google since that's where all the medical professional get their guidelines from.

There's a lot of false news to be found through a Google search, and research is ever evolving with the virus so information may not be 100%up to date hence wanting a medical professionals opinion? Calm down lol

We had 5th grade graduation virtually and a school "parade" of cars which arrived almost an hour early so we missed it of course, sigh. We have special graduation desserts and presents for him tonight so that will help. Just seems anticlimactic. I'm finding social media particularly annoying today!

Dude I’ve had a flipping blast during this meltdown. I got off the boat March 8th for what I thought was my regular 14 days off, two days later got an email saying I’d be off for 30. Called the personell manager just to make sure I was reading it right, that I was getting 30 days off during turkey season. When he confirmed that I just about jumped out of my truck I was so happy. Went and bought a 10lb roll of ground meat and some other stuff plus 3 24 packs of MT Dew, and 4 3lb bags of Reese’s went me butt home and had a blast. My day consisted of getting up at 4:30, let Coal out, get a shower, cook breakfast for us, let Coal back in, go turkey huntin till 10 or so, come in, cook lunch for Me, Thomas and Coal, Thomas would come up about 11:15 eat lunch hang out, then go back to work, then I’d either go back turkey huntin or go fishin until about dark, come in cook supper, shower, watch TV and crash about 9:30-10:00.

Came back to work April 10, stayed until April 16, got laid off, went to Kentucky, turkey hunted a few days then went to Arkansas and helped a good friend of mine get his crops planted. Then the company I work for called me back.

We had 5th grade graduation virtually and a school "parade" of cars which arrived almost an hour early so we missed it of course, sigh. We have special graduation desserts and presents for him tonight so that will help. Just seems anticlimactic. I'm finding social media particularly annoying today!

Awwww I am glad your son got a chance to celebrate!

My birthday is right around the corner. Feeling grateful for all I have. I don't need anything and I feel spoiled every day.

So this year, I'm just doing a little fundraiser for Wounded Warriors.

Happy Soon to be Birthday!! It sounds like a worthy thing to do.

Dude I’ve had a flipping blast during this meltdown. I got off the boat March 8th for what I thought was my regular 14 days off, two days later got an email saying I’d be off for 30. Called the personell manager just to make sure I was reading it right, that I was getting 30 days off during turkey season. When he confirmed that I just about jumped out of my truck I was so happy. Went and bought a 10lb roll of ground meat and some other stuff plus 3 24 packs of MT Dew, and 4 3lb bags of Reese’s went me butt home and had a blast. My day consisted of getting up at 4:30, let Coal out, get a shower, cook breakfast for us, let Coal back in, go turkey huntin till 10 or so, come in, cook lunch for Me, Thomas and Coal, Thomas would come up about 11:15 eat lunch hang out, then go back to work, then I’d either go back turkey huntin or go fishin until about dark, come in cook supper, shower, watch TV and crash about 9:30-10:00.

Came back to work April 10, stayed until April 16, got laid off, went to Kentucky, turkey hunted a few days then went to Arkansas and helped a good friend of mine get his crops planted. Then the company I work for called me back.

Glad you weren’t stressed like the rest of us.

Glad you weren’t stressed like the rest of us.

Honestly I don’t see a reason to stress out about it. Survival rate is 98%, lots of folks had it way before the media got a hold of it and blew it way out of proportion. If you are going to get it you are going to get it, sure you can do common sense things like use hand sanitizer etc but you do that to avoid catching cold or flu or pretty much anything else.

I have a sensitivity to alcohol so all the hand sanitizer has been affecting my skin. The skin on the backs of my hands is red, scaly and itches/burns. Last night it actually woke me from a sound sleep. I put some of my eczema cream on it. It helped with the itching/burning but not sure if it's the appropriate treatment and my aloe vera gel is packed away somewhere. I used a lot of sanitizer during my move but now I have full access to soap and water so I'll do that.

Well, I am one of the percentage that has a higher death rate. And I don’t think 350,000 deaths world wide almost 1/3 being in the US is anything to not be worried about.

Honestly I don’t see a reason to stress out about it. Survival rate is 98%, lots of folks had it way before the media got a hold of it and blew it way out of proportion. If you are going to get it you are going to get it, sure you can do common sense things like use hand sanitizer etc but you do that to avoid catching cold or flu or pretty much anything else.

My friend in her 30s had it - husband and child got it more mildly -she got pneumonia too -over a month ago -she lost 1/3rd of her vision for quite awhile, had to give up a plum job, is exhausted and had to move her aunt out of her house to protect her. Nothing blown out of proportion -real, nitty gritty life. In suburban midwest. We have lost the father of a close family friend and our cousin's sister. Not fake news- our family and friends.

If I lived in a remote area where I only encountered one or two people who I knew well I probably wouldn't worry as much. But I live in a large city where I have to grocery shop and work in a building where I am close to 150 other people. My company is approaching 1000 cases and has had 6 deaths.

So yeah, I do "stress" about it.