Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not revolving my college schedule around stepson

If I read this correctly, SS's mom was 15 when she had him and your bf was 18.
    She's been struggling with motherhood and getting on her feet - gee, I wonder why?!
    You seem to look down on her, yet you chose to bring another baby into this scenario. I don't get that. Why pile more on top when your bf already had more than he could handle with his son?

The child's own grandparents and father and mother should be taking care of him. Can you move back home to your parents so you have at least some support around? You should focus on your own pregnancy/child and school/work.

Stop acting like the household help. That is not being a good partner, it's being a doormat. You are creating a lot of problems for yourself. Perhaps when your own child is born your bf will get off his butt and take care of his other child himself. Move back in with your parents. This man is useless.
    Originally Posted by Gianna2345
    my parents think his son does not behave well, and mocks adults, my SO babies him too much and are not fans of taking care of him
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 10-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.

If you were married to this man, it might be a different story. But since neither of you has committed to a permanent relationship, you are not the boy's stepmother and you shouldn't be expected to take part in stepmother activities.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    If you were married to this man, it might be a different story. But since neither of you has committed to a permanent relationship, you are not the boy's stepmother and you shouldn't be expected to take part in stepmother activities.
    Where have you been?? Missed you around!

Rose!!!! I needed a break. :)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Yes that's true. On a practical level she is having a child with him and her strong belief is she should be able to have a full time job and school schedule where the father has the baby all weekend, every weekend. Of course he is the father but in many co-parenting situations there is not an expectation of a working parent having to be the full time parent all weekend every weekend. She wants that and if she wants him to stick to that kind of schedule and sacrifice his entire weekend every weekend then she probably will have to step up to the plate with his other son. She's able to do this now because her mother will give her free child care 2-3 days a week for the baby but if she ends things with her boyfriend, she's going to have to find a care situation available all weekend every weekend -and likely pay for it.

I too would like to know how your 16 month pregnancy is going. Also, in another post you said you met him last August but here you say you've been with him a year and a half. Hmmmmm

I think Layla is also Gianna 😳

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    I think Layla is also Gianna 😳
    Lots of that going on lately....

Platinum Member
    Why isn't the father doing this?! You have allowed yourself to become a complete doormat! Stop!

The father needs to be responsible for HIS son, not you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice