Just walked out on a date

ManyDates

This is a first for me - I was waiting at the pub when a woman at least 20 years older than her pictures showed up, and she knew the waitress because that's where she meets "all her men" she tells me. She was also already drunk, and started ordering drinks like they were going out of style - she had just ordered her 6TH! When I said I have to get going. I hand the waitress a $10 on her way by for my one beer and tell her to keep the change. Drunky then goes "you can't leave me here I didn't bring any money and men always pay for my drinks". I said I am sorry that's all I brought (obviously not true, but she's nuts to think I am going to pay for her booze-fest, each drink was likely $8 a pop minimum).

As she started freaking out and raising her voice I said "oh wait, I left my CC in the car, I'll be right back"

Man it felt good getting outta that one!!!

It's sounding like she was just hooking guys in for a free round of drinks (or six), not really expecting anything to come of it. Likely an alcoholic.

I say good on you for not wasting any more of your time or your money. I've had some misrepresenting photo situations and have ended dates early because of it, but never anything that bad. Reading your post again, I'm actually really grossed out.

Hahaha I never had a horror story like that. Yes sometimes there pics aren't like reality. Why can't people take actual pics? She sounds like a mess at least you have a funny story. I travel for work so sometimes I sit next or at the bar. I'm not much of a socializer more of a people watcher. I see dates it's so funny when it's just a mess and one bails.

It's sounding like she was just hooking guys in for a free round of drinks (or six), not really expecting anything to come of it. Likely an alcoholic.

I say good on you for not wasting any more of your time or your money. I've had some misrepresenting photo situations and have ended dates early because of it, but never anything that bad. Reading your post again, I'm actually really grossed out.

It was gross and I felt like a total loser - I could tell the bar staff all knew who she was and what her deal was. I am sure they got a good laugh out of it when I bailed outta there. I feel like I need to take a shower after that ordeal and all I did was shake her hand.

Oy that's horrible! You did the best thing you could have done by bailing the way you did, hopefully you can just mark her email as spam and block her on the dating site, and you manage to get rid of her for good. Too bad there is no way to warn others about this nutcase, so they don't have to experience what you just did...

Oy that's horrible! You did the best thing you could have done by bailing the way you did, hopefully you can just mark her email as spam and block her on the dating site, and you manage to get rid of her for good. Too bad there is no way to warn others about this nutcase, so they don't have to experience what you just did...

I'd report her to the dating site. Tell them that the age of her photos is off by 20 years and she showed up to the meet-up drunk as a skunk. It's worth a shot.

Back when I was dating online, if it got to the point of planning to meet in person I always tried to do a quick search for them on social media, just to make sure things added up. Not everyone has facebook/ instagram, but most do, and it was a way of making sure they at least weren't 20 years older or faking their identities. Of course, it didn't prevent them from faking other things or being psycho anyway but I wouldn't meet someone if I had reason to question that.

But man. I'm sorry this happened to you. I would have run as well, and you should block her from being able to email you.

I drove four hours to meet someone.

1. Looked much older.

2. Lied about her age, said her account was hacked.

3. Lied about being a smoker.

4. Lied about being married three times, it was four.

Went back to her place for drinks. Had sex with her. Woke up in middle of night, had sex with her, woke up had sex with her in the morning. Never talked to her again. I figured it was fair payment for a four drive and being lied to.

Am I bad person?

**Update - she's gone into full crazy mode blowing up my e-mail (didn't give her my number thank God) wow.... be careful out there folks, out of 80~ dates I now have a full blown psycho on my hands.

That's why I'm a man of many "email @s". They don't get the good one until I know them well enough. They don't even get my cell # (just an easy to get rid of "internet #").

I drove four hours to meet someone.

1. Looked much older.

2. Lied about her age, said her account was hacked.

4. Lied about being married three times, it was four.

Went back to her place for drinks. Had sex with her. Woke up in middle of night, had sex with her, woke up had sex with her in the morning. Never talked to her again. I figured it was fair payment for a four drive and being lied to.

Am I bad person?

You're not a bad person. I've been in similar situations myself, minus the four hour drive.

Back when I was dating online, if it got to the point of planning to meet in person I always tried to do a quick search for them on social media, just to make sure things added up. Not everyone has facebook/ instagram, but most do, and it was a way of making sure they at least weren't 20 years older or faking their identities. Of course, it didn't prevent them from faking other things or being psycho anyway but I wouldn't meet someone if I had reason to question that.

I find even people's pictures on Facebook seem to be from at least ten years ago. Some people I know have had the same profile pic up for at least 5-7 years.

I hate it when that happens. I'm expecting them to turn up with some great weed, but - no

But man. I'm sorry this happened to you. I would have run as well, and you should block her from being able to email you.

I did, a teacher with a masters degree - that whack job is in a class room teaching peoples kids!!

Archived