Felt total disapointment

mg22

If I was waiting in line with my friend while she was getting food, yes I would be fine with it. I don't equate conversations with others with cheating or the desire to cheat, and I don't expect my partner to be laser-focused on me at all times. He was enjoying talking to new people from his culture, and when he saw you, he wanted you to join.

I actually always make it a point at parties to separate from my partner for a period of time, so we can enjoy ourselves as individuals for a bit before coming back together as a couple. I like being able to exercise my independence and my partners always have as well. If you hadn't abandoned him, he would have been going home with you. Your jealousy will likely overwhelm and suffocate this relationship before long, if it hasn't already.

again let me clarify we were all in line together, he started taking pictures thats when we got lost ! when your started a relationship its not nice to act like he did, i understand after a while of dating then yes its ok because you know eacth other better , any how it is what it is , so iam wrong like everybody here says i overreacted.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the takeaway here, mg, is that when you first start dating someone, you need to communicate your feelings and expectations in a mature way. Stalking off in anger because he didn't read your mind will not allow him to learn about you, and I'm sure it didnt inspire him to want to continue dating you. Having a calm conversation after a few days of space about what occurred and how you felt may help the incident blow over. Be prepared to hear his side, though, and don't assume your interpretation of the events is necessarily "correct".

People have different relationship styles, and his might not be for you, but I think you need to work on not jumping to conclusions about new partners' behaviors.

I think everyone is overlooking a key detail here. He met these women on the METRO. Under any other condition, I'd completely agree the OP was quite rude and immature in the way she reacted. But whenever two rails and linked cars are involved, things are a bit more complicated.

I think everyone is overlooking a key detail here. He met these women on the METRO. Under any other condition, I'd completely agree the OP was quite rude and immature in the way she reacted. But whenever two rails and linked cars are involved, things are a bit more complicated.

You're right! Thank you for pointing that out.

jman for the kill. Every time. 😂

OP, you obviously are not a match with this man at all. You have already decided you’re right and he’s wrong, so just forget about him and move on.

For what it’s worth, I think you completely overreacted. This triggered your insecurity (despite your claims to the contrary) and you’re extremely judgmental against women you don’t know.

But really, who cares? You find his behavior a deal-breaker so it’s over. You will both move on to find better matches for yourselves

OP, you obviously are not a match with this man at all. You have already decided you’re right and he’s wrong, so just forget about him and move on.

For what it’s worth, I think you completely overreacted. This triggered your insecurity (despite your claims to the contrary) and you’re extremely judgmental against women you don’t know.

But really, who cares? You find his behavior a deal-breaker so it’s over. You will both move on to find better matches for yourselves

Thank you ! its best to move on yes

Agreed. And although you DID ask for our thoughts and reactions to the situation, at the end of the day how we define the interaction is irrelevant... it's what you feel you can live with in a relationship. You find his behavior hurtful and disrespectful, I think your decision to let him go and find someone more compatible is probably the right one here.

mg22, fwiw I would have done exactly what you did, left him and these other chicks to it.

No, not because I am insecure, but because it’s totally disrespectful.

He intentionally left you to seek out and speak with these other women, while on a date with you!

Any man with two brain cells to rub together would know you DON’T go intentionally leaving your date to seek out other chicks to talk to! Which is exactly what he did.

I don’t care if she’s waiting on some line to get food or where she is, you just don’t do it. You wait for her, you don’t “accidentally on purpose” leave her claiming you got lost, after which she's forced to scramble around looking for you and finds you talking to three other women!

You’re only six weeks into this, you are trying to build TRUST for goodness sakes, I’m sorry this behavior just doesn’t fly, NEXT.

I could see if you were in a LTR and the trust had already been established, but that’s not how it is, you’ve only been on 10 dates for heaven’s sake.

Maintain your boundaries and self-respect and follow your own gut instincts which it sounds like you did.

It's a date and she chooses to wait in a long**s food line with her friend. He gets bored and starts taking photos of the surroundings, then gets lost in the crowd. Stumbles upon people from his culture he met just a little bit ago and decides to enjoy a bit of small talk while she's in line. In no way did SHE contact HIM either when he was gone. He probably assumed it would take a while. She was being beyond ridiculous by stomping past him, just because he dared to talk to women from his culture. I don't blame the dude for dropping the OP.

j.man, your comment was the best.

mg22, fwiw I would have done exactly what you did, left him and these other chicks to it.

No, not because I am insecure, but because it’s totally disrespectful.

He intentionally left you to seek out and speak with these other women, while on a date with you!

Any man with two brain cells to rub together would know you DON’T go intentionally leaving your date to seek out other chicks to talk to! Which is exactly what he did.

I don’t care if she’s waiting on some line to get food or where she is, you just don’t do it. You wait for her, you don’t “accidentally on purpose” leave her claiming you got lost, after which she's forced to scramble around looking for you and finds you talking to three other women!

You’re only six weeks into this, you are trying to build TRUST for goodness sakes, I’m sorry this behavior just doesn’t fly, NEXT.

I could see if you were in a LTR and the trust had already been established, but that’s not how it is, you’ve only been on 10 dates for heaven’s sake.

Maintain your boundaries and self-respect and follow your own gut instincts which it sounds like you did.

Thank you Katrina ! best advice here so far, all i wanted was respect, its not like others here pointed out that i was being insecure ! before the date he expressed his feeling to me and ask to be exclusive with me, everything was great until the incident at the PARK, true very bad judgement from his part, iam hoping he will see things and analize what he did wrong.

It's a date and she chooses to wait in a long**s food line with her friend. He gets bored and starts taking photos of the surroundings, then gets lost in the crowd. Stumbles upon people from his culture he met just a little bit ago and decides to enjoy a bit of small talk while she's in line. In no way did SHE contact HIM either when he was gone. He probably assumed it would take a while. She was being beyond ridiculous by stomping past him, just because he dared to talk to women from his culture. I don't blame the dude for dropping the OP.

j.man, your comment was the best.

I thought ENOTALONE was to give advice and support , not to MOCK and put others down !

It's a date and she chooses to wait in a long**s food line with her friend. He gets bored and starts taking photos of the surroundings, then gets lost in the crowd. Stumbles upon people from his culture he met just a little bit ago and decides to enjoy a bit of small talk while she's in line.

If you really believe that's how it went down Becxy, fair enough.

I don't. I have already explained why (from my own personal perspective), no need to repeat.

So, if you could do it all over again, would you handle it any differently?

No i think i handled the situation just perfectly, i have self respect, and i like to date gentlemen, not men who have me second guessing with there behaviors !

I thought ENOTALONE was to give advice and support , not to MOCK and put others down !

We are giving advice. You asked and we told you that your response was over-the-top. Instead of taking it on board and learning from it, you get offended. Why did you come for advice?

We are giving advice. You asked and we told you that your response was over-the-top. Instead of taking it on board and learning from it, you get offended. Why did you come for advice?[/quote

Please read what other wrote to me, then judge for yourself !

After just 6 weeks of nonexclusive dating you can find whatever deal-breakers you see fit. If you felt this event was rude then it's best to throw in the towel early on as you did. Often things are starting to percolate in the incompatibility dept and it's not one incident, just the final straw that does things in. Not over the top considering you are in the 6 week nonexclusive getting to know you stage. At that stage you can chose any reason to just not take it further.

Ive been dating a guy for about 1 1/2 month,we have not been intimate yet, but talked about being exclusive.

I think the bottom line here is, no matter how it actually went down – whether he got bored, suddenly found himself lost, and happened to “stumble” upon these other women while lost --

Or what I believed happened, which was when mg22 was waiting in line for food, he took the opportunity to seek out these other chicks (claiming he got lost) – the fact remains he became separated from mg22, his DATE, did not attempt to call, did not attempt to go looking for her (assuming he actually did get lost) and instead chose to remain talking/flirting, whatever he was doing, with these other chicks, while on a DATE with mg22, a woman he had only been dating six weeks.

Again forcing mg22 to scramble around trying to find him.

If other posters find this acceptable behavior from a man on a date - if no one else finds that disrespectful, again fair enough.

Archived