Felt total disapointment

mg22

After just 6 weeks of nonexclusive dating you can find whatever deal-breakers you see fit. If you felt this event was rude then it's best to throw in the towel early on as you did. Often things are starting to percolate in the incompatibility dept and it's not one incident, just the final straw that does things in. Not over the top considering you are in the 6 week nonexclusive getting to know you stage. At that stage you can chose any reason to just not take it further.

I may be think differently then many here, i think when your started to date someone be kind, and not act like he did, i forgot to mention when he saw me walk past him he waved at me to go to him ! why didnt he come after me ? iam not a dog to go running to anybody who didnt have the sense to go looking for me !

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the bottom line here is, no matter how it actually went down – whether he got bored, found himself lost (really?), and happened to “stumble” upon these other women –

or what I believed happened, which was when mg22 was waiting in line for food, he took the opportunity to seek out these other chicks – the fact remains he became separated from mg22, his DATE, did not attempt to call, did not attempt to go looking for her (assuming he actually did get lost) and instead chose to remain talking/flirting, whatever he was doing, with these other chicks, while on a DATE with mg22, a woman he had only been dating six weeks.

Again forcing mg22 to scramble around trying to find him.

If other posters find this acceptable behavior from a man on a date - if no one else finds that disrespectful, again fair enough.

All she had to do was text or call the dude.

I may be think differently then many here, i think when your started to date someone be kind, and not act like he did, i forgot to mention when he saw me walk past him he waved at me to go to him ! why didnt he come after me ? iam not a dog to go running to anybody who didnt have the sense to go looking for me !

This is sounding princess-like.

You're not going to see him again. Problem solved.

This is sounding princess-like.

I must be a "princess" too then Holly, cause I would have done same. lol

Which I am definitely not; I may just have higher standards than some women - some may say too high even, no right or wrong at the end of the day.

mg found it disrespectful and did what was best for her, doesn't make her "princess-like."

Wait, what? Why on earth should he be calling her to see whether they've got their food yet or not? If her friend wants to crash their date and if the OP decides to derail the date into an awesome lunch line adventure for her friend's benefit, I suppose that's fair enough (maybe....?). But there's absolutely zero reason he should then be on the hook to call her every 5 minutes while she's in a crowded line to see whether they've completed their order. Now that would be a lack of self-respect.

She gets the food, calls him, "Got Becky's lunch, where you at?" Simple and common sense enough.

I must be a "princess" too then Holly, cause I would have done same. lol

Which I am definitely not; I may just have higher standards than some women - some may say too high even, no right or wrong at the end of the day.

mg found it disrespectful and did what was best for her, doesn't make her "princess-like."

I too, have high standards. I think that this was overly dramatic.

Wait, what? Why on earth should he be calling her to see whether they've got their food yet or not? .

He claimed he got lost; what's the most logical thing you do when you get lost from someone?

Especially a woman you're on a date with.

You call her letting her know you're lost and making a plan to find each other and reconnect.

Has nothing to do with calling her to check on the food.

Of course I don't believe he was lost at all, but I've said my piece about that already!

Also, the friend didn't "crash" their date, they all went together was how I read/understood it.

I too, have high standards. I think that this was overly dramatic.

Iam very strong and know what i want, i dont want to date someone who wakes away and starts flirting with strangers he just met on the METRO ! thank god i found this out soon enough , and thank god i had a friend who happened to tag along with us at the end !

I think you're going to have a hard time finding a man who's going to cater to you like a princess just 6 weeks in. And based on the fact that you cannot receive constructive criticism, nor see the other side of an issue, not to mention you ask for advice and then berate anyone who's opinion differs from yours....you're going to have a difficult time maintaining any relationship at all.

Best of luck to you.

Iam very strong and know what i want, i dont want to date someone who wakes away and starts flirting with strangers he just met on the METRO ! thank god i found this out soon enough , and thank god i had a friend who happened to tag along with us at the end !
mg22, I don't know if I've done so yet, but from the very, very bottom of my heart, I thank you for showing up today. This entire thread is a gift to myself, the forum, and indeed the human race as a whole.
I think you're going to have a hard time finding a man who's going to cater to you like a princess just 6 weeks in. And based on the fact that you cannot receive constructive criticism, nor see the other side of an issue, not to mention you ask for advice and then berate anyone who's opinion differs from yours....you're going to have a difficult time maintaining any relationship at all.

Best of luck to you.

LMAO , thanks for your kindness , never will i lower my standards, and actually learned a lot today ! bad good advice from many here have made me 100% sure i did the right thing yesterday !

My boyfriend is a photographer, enjoys taking pics sometimes even when we're out together, I can't even imagine him "getting lost" forcing me to scramble looking for him only to find him speaking with another or other women.

No matter if I was on line getting us food, in the rest room, or wherever.

Would NOT happen.

If he truly did get lost (massive IF), he would have immediately texted me and told me he was lost, and we would have made a plan to find and catch up with each other.

That is displaying RESPECT for me, and the date in general. But maybe more importantly, that he actually gives a crap.

mg22, I don't know if I've done so yet, but from the very, very bottom of my heart, I thank you for showing up today. This entire thread is a gift to myself, the forum, and indeed the human race as a whole.

Iam glad you enjoyed my thread and belittled me today ! you must be a DRAMA PRINCE

Nope. OP didn't give him a chance to claim anything. We know nothing of his side of the story.

His side of the story ? that he walked away and started flirting with other women? humm wondering if the tables were turned what he would do

Nope. OP didn't give him a chance to claim anything. We know nothing of his side of the story.

LOL, so if he didn't get lost, how else did they become separated? Are you suggesting that he intentionally left her (which is how I interpreted it)?

She certainly didn't leave him, she was waiting in line for food.

He was talking pictures and all of a sudden we got lost. The place was very crowded, after about 20 minutes we locate him and hes talking to the girls from the METRO !

Best of luck to you.

Well said.

Chalk it up to different communication styles, expectations, cultures differences, whatever. Heck people dump someone if they don't text or respond to texts in x amount of time or x times a day. Who cares. You're incompatible and this was an early example of that.

His side of the story ?
LOL, so if he didn't get lost, how else did they become separated? Are you suggesting that he intentionally left her (which is how I interpreted it)?

What ever the reason he left , walk away, etc... he displayed many insecurities , he did tell me that same day that he was a very jealous type person , and that he would not feel comfortable if i flirted with anybody , then he goes and plays this number on me ! anyway my silence will be the only answer he will get from me.

Chalk it up to different communication styles, expectations, cultures differences, whatever. Heck people dump someone if they don't text or respond to texts in x amount of time or x times a day. Who cares.

You're incompatible and this was an early example of that.

Amen to that!

What ever the reason he left , walk away, etc... he displayed many insecurities , he did tell me that same day that he was a very jealous type person , and that he would not feel comfortable if i flirted with anybody , then he goes and plays this number on me ! anyway my silence will be the only answer he will get from me.

Let it go, already.

Know what's disrespectful? Even if he weren't "lost." Even if he were two blocks away, ready to come back at a moment's notice. The fact she didn't call him after he'd waited for her and her friend to get the food her friend wanted despite the intrusion to their scheduled date and the lack of respect for his time he'd set aside to go on this date is almost the very Oxford dictionary definition of "princess." Like he's supposed to be calling her or tracking back to the restaurant in intervals so that her highness can have the benefit of him waiting outside like a hitched dog.

I mean, that this line was even a thing that happened is itself baffling. I got sympathy for a hungry friend, but if I've got someone who has dedicated her time to a date and my friend wants to show up last minute, that friend either eats beforehand or settles for a bag of pretzels out of 7-11. How disrespectful to your date and their time to leave them to entertain themselves (or needlessly stand in a crowded line) because Lady Bianca just showed up and she wants a prepared meal.

If he were the one to have his friend join them on their date last minute and tell his lady, "Yo, we're gonna stand in line for awhile because Mikey's hungry," that alone would probably have you ****ing a brick, never mind if the lady did what she needed to in order to keep herself entertained only for the guy to never so much as call or text her once they'd actually gotten the food.

And that's your prerogative.

I'm just confused why you asked for everyone's thoughts when you'd already made up your mind about what you were going to do.

Know what's disrespectful? Even if he weren't "lost." Even if he were two blocks away, ready to come back at a moment's notice. The fact she didn't call him after he'd waited for her and her friend to get the food her friend wanted despite the intrusion to their scheduled date the lack of respect for his time he'd set aside to go on this date is almost the very Oxford dictionary definition of "princess." Like he's supposed to be calling her or tracking back to the restaurant on intervals so that her highness can have the benefit of him waiting outside like a hitched dog.

I mean, that this line was even a thing that happened is itself baffling. I got sympathy for a hungry friend, but if I've got someone who has dedicated her time to a date and my friend wants to show up last minute, that friend either eats beforehand or settles for a bag of pretzels out of 7-11. How disrespectful to your date and their time to leave them to entertain themselves (or needlessly stand in a crowded line) because Lady Bianca just showed up and she wants a prepared meal.

If he were the one to have his friend join them on their date last minute and tell his lady, "Yo, we're gonna stand in line for awhile because Mikey's hungry," that alone would probably have you ****ing a brick, never mind if the lady did what she needed to in order to keep herself entertained only for the guy to never so much as call or text her once they'd actually gotten the food.

I got to laugh at your story line, you weren't there and have no idea what happened, but i forgot you must continue your sarcastic stories because you have a audience here that applauds to your disrespected comments.

Archived