BPD/Eupd following me around like a bad smell.

ButterflyWrists

I told my ex I would never seek help for my issues again because they won't give it. I ended up changing my mind and thinking things would be different now I'm am adult and matured a lot. But it isn't too be so. I explained what was going on at my assessment, the lady said I see you're diagnosed with eupd, I said I disagree with the diagnosis and how it doesn't fit any of my symptoms she said she will think about what I could be referred to.

I got the call yesterday, referral for emotional skills. That won't help the dissociation or ptsd I told her this and told her the person I spoke to four the telephone assessment said psychotherapy would likely be my best bet. This woman totally ignored what me and my ex told her about what's going on. She tried to back herself up saying that my issues are trigger based and I've had periods of coping so she doesn't think I need the help. I wish she'd just gone for cbt. But alas, I do not deserve help for my actual issues and I cannot go on living like this. I can't be intimate cause I freak out, cry and dissociate due to the abuse I went through. I can barely concentrate on work due to intrusive thoughts saying I'm not good enough, picturing all my failures and planting my abusers face on random people when I'm out with my service user.

I want to give up. I know it isn't the "answer" but neither is living like this.

Can you get a second opinion from someone else who will refer you for some other form of treatment? Would the link I've added below help at all? This whole website - although UK based - is very helpful.

Please don't give up... as the information above states... 85% of people can be supported and helped. There HAS to be something out there to help you - you just have to find the right treatment and people to help you.

Sending hugest love and hugs. Please don't give up X

I don't have the energy to fight anymore. I tried at 18 my shrink went off ill and the one I saw after said there's nothing wrong with you, you don't need our help and discharged me despite me at the time being actively suicidal.

I am UK based, can only get referred to the local mental health team. But I'm too tired, I'll never shake off am ill thought notion of eupd despite the fact I don't fit.

It's a good idea to use a variety of things to help you such as talk therapy (cbt), medications if need and lifestyle changes as well as any other helping modalities.

Often there are multiple diagnoses going on so it can be complex to sort out. Why is your ex involved in this? Were there suicide attempts?

I got the call yesterday, referral for emotional skills. I wish she'd just gone for cbt.This woman totally ignored what me and my ex told her about what's going on.
same guy?

Emotional skills can't even begin to help with my actual problems, cbt would at least give me the coping mechanisms to deal with the fall out or even help me to deal with some of the triggers and intrusive thoughts. The lady wouldn't even attempt to understand what I was saying which is frustrating. My ex is the only person local to me who was willing to help me. We've remained friends. Yes same guy. No real recent attempts although I did OD about 2/3 months ago, partly due to being in agony due tui ear infections.

Why can't you do both therapies? Recently ODing is rather serious, were you hospitalized? Try not to get caught up in all the jargon perhaps see why they are referring you and what it's about.

My ex is the only person local to me who was willing to help me. We've remained friends.No real recent attempts although I did OD about 2/3 months ago

Have you tried this stuff and actually know it doesn't work or are you just assuming it won't work?

You asked for a professionals advice, they gave it to you, now you say they're wrong without even trying?

Seriously what do you have to lose by trying their methods? You're not a mental health professional, why do you think you know better than they do?

Hiya darling , I don't think anyone has any idea of the mental health system in the uk until they become a *vicitm of it . But by god I know and I know you know I know . What really gets to me is people like me and you want the help , we ask for the help , we want to live better lives , we want to move forward . I don't have any pearls of wisdom , just writing on your thread to pretty much concur with your story ..it really is bad here xx

Have you tried this stuff and actually know it doesn't work or are you just assuming it won't work?

You asked for a professionals advice, they gave it to you, now you say they're wrong without even trying?

Seriously what do you have to lose by trying their methods? You're not a mental health professional, why do you think you know better than they do?

actually she does know .....

Telephone accessment?! Did they not even meet you face to face?!

I don't know what it's like in the UK but I was diagnosed with PTSD many years ago now in Canada and I know how real struggle is to find real help. Just want to offer support. Once you do find the right doctors and therapies it can be life changing. It was for me. But I do know how many and much indifference and beauracracy, the frustration and hurt of having to wade through it when you are most in need and vulnerable, how that can be.

I can understand your frustration!

It's not better where I live in the USA in the state of Arizona in fact! The mental health services are horrible!!! It took me an attempted suicide that's how bad I got and couldnt get help to finally be heard when I almost died.

I don't know what the answer for you in the UK is but it sounds like here.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

Big hugs!!!

Lisa

Excuse me? No need to be rude. Emotional skills is not for trauma. I work in the mental health field. It is also group work which due to being deaf, I can not participate in.

Hugs! I gather it's DBT or at least incorporates some of the modules in there. No, that isn't going to help with trauma unless you're extremely unaware of your emotions(and even then it's really quite basic and generic), which I know you are not.

I don't know anything about the mental health system in the UK other than stories that it falls short, and I am sorry.

Everyone deserves quality mental health care.

Hugs! I gather it's DBT or at least incorporates some of the modules in there. No, that isn't going to help with trauma unless you're extremely unaware of your emotions(and even then it's really quite basic and generic), which I know you are not.

I don't know anything about the mental health system in the UK other than stories that it falls short, and I am sorry.

Everyone deserves quality mental health care.

I believe it has some elements of dbt. I've self taught myself to recognise when I'm allowing emotions to over ride logic and impulsiveness I'm no expert at it but I've had to learn my triggers alone and n now all I can do is avoid anything which does trigger me such as intimacy. I tried teaching myself cbt, looking at the emotion, the action/trigger/response and what I can do to change my response but it isn't something I can do alone.

The UK mental health support is under grave pressure now and more and more people are having to go through charities to get the support they need, which is great, but again 6month long waiting lists and they cannot offer all therapies. It is a sad state of affairs. I can understand why I'd be refused if it was just down to the fact I've coped so far alone, but to focus on an inaccurate diagnosis infuriates me. I wish I could do more to support those with mental health difficulties myself

Archived