Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Griff. That was a really nice post. I hope you stick around, or say hi once in a while.

Yeah, I think it will just take time to see what you see. It's hard when you are in a situation and there are feelings, it's not as clear sometimes as to objective strangers on the outside. Thank you for writing. It made me cry a little. sigh.

I was awoken at 5:30 this morning by some really loud noises. It sounded like scratching and like a mouse was trying to make a nest out of crinkle paper or something. I turned on the lights and still heard the sounds. I contacted my landlord this morning, he told me to call an exterminator. He came out today and said he thinks its a squirrel that got in the wall. In the closet is what looks to be like the squirrel was trying to break through the wall but couldn't do it. He said that what I heard was probably the squirrel trying to make a nest. He doesn't think it will get through my wall and into my apartment, but said that my landlord should re-plaster the hole in the wall of my closet. great....

No more squirrel parties the last 2 nights. That's a start.

Ok, so no word from Dirk. That's good. I guess he was equally as charmed by me as I was by him, lol. He wanted to talk about computer programs during our date and ask what specific functionalities I use in my data analysis, and I said I didn't want to talk about it, he was like, "wow, i must have touched a nerve! don't worry, my head won't explode!!" I just said no, I don't think it's a great date topic, and it's not so easy to explain, and then it's frustrating. Gah. Like initially I said, "well, I use this statistical test." He said, "why do you use that one? there are a many others out there." These are perfectly acceptable questions from my boss or a professor, but seriously, it's Saturday, date night, can we not discuss the merits of different statistical tests??? gah!!!!! Plus he's not in my field and there are just minutae that I don't feel like going into to explain the data processing pipeline. gah gah gah.

Anyway, I'm failing with Alex too, oh whatever. He likes to text, but it just led to a big miscommunication. He invited me out on Thursday and told me he had a work christmas party. I thought for some reason that the party was tonight, and tomorrow would just be a date. He just clarified with me that no, tomorrow is the party. He said I could go too, but I don't really want to go. Actually, it's not even his work's christmas party. I'm not a huge fan of office christmas parties (awkward, open bar, the potential to get fired over something you say to your boss while drunk). So, I'd much rather not go to anyone else's either. So, I guess he invited me to his, but I thought he was going to go and meet me after for dinner, but then he said, no, dinner is catered. So I said no, let's meet another time. Ugh. I don't really want to go to a work christmas party on a second date. that sounds not fun...??? I offered sunday instead, he said he has friends in town and will have to see when they leave. hm. SMH.

not to sound harsh, but I might be nexting Alex too! That sounds like a vomit of a second date to me to be honest, seems as though he wanted maybe arm candy for the party more than seeing if he's compatible with someone. I definitely would not be inviting out a girl for date #2 to any kind of social gathering like that, especially a semi-stiff one like a office christmas party.

Dirk sounds blah! Wipe the floor with them, and start fresh

Yeah, the party he's at right now, it's a popular gay nightclub, and is apparently known to be a wild xmas party thrown by this organization he's part of. Maybe that's why he wanted a girl with him?? so he doesn't get hit on?? Anyway, I don't understand if he wanted to do something instead of that, but he never told me what?? some of my friends told me i should go, but a wild xmas party doesn't sound like a great way to get to know each other. I told him I didn't feel comfortable, and he said ok, we can do something else. I said "dinner?" he said, "we would be eating at the catered party." So I don't know if by "we" he meant him and I, or if he meant him and his organization?? I said maybe we can meet Sunday, he said he has friends in town and has to see when they leave. I actually have a big work deadline on Monday, so I'm not even sure if suggesting Sunday was a good idea.

In job related news, my manuscript with my former boss has just finally been accepted! yay!!! That means I don't have to deal with her anymore!! I'm sure she's happy to be rid of me as well.

Thanks guys! I still need to get the page proofs but it looks like everything is good. I'm working on another manuscript right now, I'm going to give it to my (new) boss before I take off on vacation.

I went out with Carol, Susan, and her boyfriend Curt last night. Went to a comedy club, it was funny. The guy was telling jokes like how if a man wants to be happy, he shouldn't marry a woman who is "above him" (financially, looks wise, career wise) because she will make his life miserable. Kind of interesting perspective, and he admits he is completely messed up.

Anyway, after we left, Susan and Curt I guess broke up again for the umpteenth time. Susan called me shortly after I got home and was getting ready for bed around 1 AM. He was out with friends, she called me outside his house, said she was about to go in (with her key) to get her stuff. I told her to just give it a few days to cool down, there's nothing at his house she needs at 1 AM (what - shoes? lotions??) good lord....

I'm at work now, doing more work, then going out tonight.

No word from Alex the lawyer, which is fine I guess..... He has friends in town. Though I'm unimpressed with the miscommunication we had last week - he says he likes to text over talking on the phone, but I think this is what happens. Susan and Curt are lawyers too, they thought it was weird that Alex invited me to that organization's party.

ooh, i'll have to try those other roast veggies!! mmm....

i slept until noon today and it was glorious. now i'm at work, sigh.

so, i have a stupid confession to make which is so stupid, you're going to wonder why i'm so dumb, lol. I have a child's game app on my phone which i often play (but i know other adults who do too, lol). it's a smurf's village app and i love the smurfs and my nieces play with me too. anyway, there's "fortune teller smurf" and once a day you can ask it a question and then it gives you the answer - like a magic 8 ball. I'll ask questions like, "does Logan miss me?" and it will say yes, but if I ask if Logan will call/text me, it says "you're smurfing up the wrong tree" or if I ask if he has a new gf, it says, "yes." so all this is very very stupid, but I had to share. The stupid fortune teller is probably right about everything, and I am doing my darndest to move on. I'm trying to ask it other questions now like, "will i have fun on my date with the new guy?" but really, why am I even listening to a random-answer generated response, other than it seems to be telling the truth.

anyway, i had some weird dreams again last night/this morning, and ugh, weird mood.

I need to start packing going on my trip soon!!!

oh no, there will be no family time. Carol and I are going to the beach.

I know, it's really nice to have stupid games to kind of chill out with. I play them in the morning to help me wake up, at night before bed, on lunch breaks, on the bus.... lol. it's like farmville, but for smurfs. it's stupid. I had a coworker who used to play farmville at work. he was bizarre. he had all of his animals caged up in the smallest pen, except for the duck, who got the entire swimming pool to himself. He said, "the other animals have to learn that life is not fair." lol. he was an oddball.

Well Annie, I'm not an app----just an old guy with computer and smart phone. The confession was not stupid at all. Of course he misses you. Would be foolish not to. All the mixed message comments he left you with, couldn't help but confuse. Somewhere in his life he learned manipulation skills (my opinion), and a few of those parting comments had shades of a "manipulator." All the new girls he works with, more physically attracted, etc...etc... Total BULL.... You don't stay with a girl for months if not totally attracted... Take her to family weddings, etc...

My opinion---he wanted things on his terms and slanted parting as such. When one of us idiot guys have our "macho" on, no way we're gonna admit to wrongs. (until we have to---lol)

Not saying he was a bad guy, just an experienced manipulator skilled at slanting conditions to fit his plans. Love has nothing to do with it...It is not about YOU!!! Its all about him being on top. A manipulator will always consider their "bigger plan" ahead of feelings.

Definitely some smurfing.

Don't let Mr Unavailable jar your confidence. New guy needs to work for you. You're the prize!!!

He needs to put his best out there to see to it that you have FUN.....

SO much work to do, so little time!! I'm trying to get as much stuff done before I leave, but failing miserably. SIgh. Well, I'm trying. My boss seems relaxed though, he knows I'm trying to do this all as fast as I can. I'm trying to get another manuscript ready for submission (along with 4 other projects). He's not going anywhere for the holidays so he'll have time to read my manuscript (or decide it's crap and tell me to keep working). Anyway..... yesterday I barely sat down, I was just running from lab to lab for 12 hours, and then wrote 2 pages, so I was impressed with that, lol.

Tonight, cleaning, packing. Tomorrow, more experiments and more stuff for the manuscript.

Chatting with some guys on OKcupid. One guy kept writing me. Not my type at all. Had a tongue ring too (you know what Chris Rock says about that....) Anyway, I finally said, "thanks, but we're not a match, good luck with your search." he responded with " how do you know we're not a match if you won't give me a chance??" sigh. block.

No word at all from Alex the lawyer. Which is weird because he seemed very interested in me before, but now complete silence. oh well, whatever. I guess our miscommunication last week was enough for him to lose interest. fine by me....

Archived