Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

I haven't been on a "date" in a very long time, but I've always thought - if you invite them, you pay. If they invite you, they pay. Seems fair enough to me.

But then, I'm also one of those women that'll make the dates in addition to the guy making them. It's nice to share the dating ideas.

I agree with this. And when the man likes me, he pays anyway, on a first date, say. Once in a habit of dating, we share expenses or trade off.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it makes me feel very meh..... It was half off champagne/sparking wine night. So a $9 glass was $4.50, and I only had one. He didn't have anything because he said his stomach was feeling funny. well... let's see. I dunno, i'm not overly excited to see him again, but we'll see. Should I cancel 2nd date? I'm not feeling so much....

In other news, I went to a yoga/sexy stretching class last night, that was fun. Carol invited me to it. It was really small, just the teacher and 3 of us. I need to do that some more. It's stupid how out of shape I am. Previously, I wouldn't have even broken a sweat doing those moves, but I was struggling!! That means I have to do it.

If you are not feeling it at all, I wouldn't go on a second date, but I wouldn't cancel jut because of the money thing.

The way I see it, yes, it's kind of awkward, but he didn't even buy any drinks for himself. You're the only one who spent money. It's more natural for a man to pay for you and him if he had something as well or if he shared with you. I would not expect a man to pay for me if i ordered something and he ordered nothing for himself. But that's just me.

I agree 100% griff! I am not saying these guys are right I am simply saying I know guys that are outrageously on guard and I tell them to get over themselves. No one is going after your 60k salary.

Turns out that MOST of these guys are cheap in general and although I enjoy their company for other reasons...I will make sure to avoid any kind of money interactions...even as simple as grabbing lunch together. So I figured I'd just pass on an observation..:

So I suppose I'm just sayin'

I am not saying these guys are right I am simply saying I know guys that are outrageously on guard and I tell them to get over themselves. No one is going after your 60k salary.

'

Omg lol, we need you in those epic "who pays?" threads! I love you bkk. Keep preachin'!

I'll keep you guys posted on Mr. Salsa. He texted me today to see if we were still on. I said yes.

My credit card was stolen over the weekend. I haven't seen it since last week so I wonder if I dropped it somewhere (or was pick pocketed??) Anyway, I have a fraud alert so I was notified immediately when someone tried to make suspicious online purchases. ($10 phone recharging, something I never do). So, I appreciate Capital One for that. Hopefully those didn't go through at all, but they said I would not be responsible for it.

Yikes! I hate it when I misplace my card. I lost it while at a Wal-Mart once (of al places!!!) and luckily for me, an employee found it and turned it in while I was still in the store. I was so convinced that of all places for me to lose it, it would be at the one that you KNOW have shady people!

Sadly I'm a master of losing things... I have so many dang credit cards, and I kept losing them, canceling them, etc. I won't cancel them to maintain good credit, but I just keep them in a drawer now, and only roll with one card. I am actually looking forward to phone paying ApplePay or whatever... I don't lose my phone that often, and I can always GPS track it.

Part of my hope for my relationship is my girlfriend lost not one, but TWO cards on our third date. (bonus points for her, for pulling out her card twice!) In her defense the second time it was the bartenders fault and I convinced him that he's created a huge inconvenience for us and he gave us free drinks from then on haha.

Let's not forget to mention that my passport should be ready for pick up at 4pm today... I fly out on Friday...ughhh I hate myself sometimes

Someone stole my cc # last week and bought a vacuum...what the heck you somehow steal my CC and buy a vacuum? it sucks

eh, i seriously don't feel like going out on this date tonight. i'd rather go home and sleep. my sleep has been so poor this week, i am just exhausted and i feel so "meh" about this guy. i told him already i can't stay out too late, but the salsa dancing doesn't start until 11 tonight. gah. i told him i have to take a nap this evening before going out.

thanks test case. well. i think part of it was my mood, i just wasn't 'feeling it.' first, i was really annoyed that he was 15 minutes late. after we confirmed and reconfirmed the time several times. Like I've said in this journal - if it's friday/saturday night, and you're going downtown, you have to allot yourself more time to get where you're going! I was annoyed. then, we were just talking at the bar for like 10 minutes before he asked if i wanted something to drink. he asked if i wanted to go to the bar with him, i said i would just sit there and hold our spots. meh. then he was like, "so, you have a cat?" i said no. he said, 'i thought you had a cat?" i said not. he said, 'but you have roommates?' i'm like, no. he said, 'oh, i thought you said you had them.' i said no.

i told him i was going to see Selma with a few friends this weekend. He said he didn't want to see it because he's tired of all the "discrimination stuff in the news." ugh. yeah, this isn't going to work out. i told him i wasn't feeling so hot (true story, i have ingrown toenails) and am really unsure if i can dance.

anyway, it was so awkward, it was painful. when he went up to use the restroom, i was hoping he would just leave and not come back.

Is it bad that I laughed when I read "discrimination stuff"? Lol, I love how he summed that up (sarcasm). Whar was he thinking?? . Seriously, not tactful there, and no, I'm not a politically correct person at heart but that's a serious lack of class when you are on early dates.

I was thinking that my black friends were probably tired of the "discrimination stuff" too. jeez. I would think that he, as an immigrant from south america, might have something more interesting to say on that. oh well. honestly, the entire day i was dreading the date. i really wanted to run away screaming. my whole body did not want to go. like if you had asked me "would you rather go on this exam or take a 3 hour accounting course", I would have picked the course. geez. ugh. no more. out of there!!

Susan and I went to happy hour before the date. we went to a vegan restaurant which i guess was very hip because there were no empty tables anywhere. it was packed. the portions were insanely tiny. she shared a potato gnocchi, which was $12, and no joke, there were like 6 pieces of gnocchi. I was like, "this is it???" So, 1 drink and 3 shared appetizers + tip was $25 each. blah. not going back. i left hungrier than i came. We tried to go to a different place first (that has good drink and food specials), but they only do happy hour at the bar. The tables were empty, and there were like 30 people crowded at the bar. that's really annoying. no thanks.

Archived