Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

My dad's dog was sick a couple years back and even though my dad makes well over $100k a year and owns 2 houses, 3 cars, and a motorcycle, not to mention 4 expensive pure bred dogs, he posted on facebook to ask for help to pay for his dog's treatment. My sister's husband went off on him, commenting how my dad won't even put the money on my nephew's college fund that he promised he'd start when my nephew was born and won't even acknowledge my nephew. My dad hasn't talked to my sister since then I believe.

He deserved it though.

Oh definitely. wow. I mean, I can't believe that people would do this and not feel ashamed of themselves.

The woman in question is a professional dancer (don't know if she has a side gig). I know that's not a lucrative field. I don't know what her fiance does. I don't know if they've had some big problems this year or something. But gosh, I'd rather have a backyard picnic (and with Chipotle, yum!!) before I asked for money online either. yikes.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when people do stuff like that on FB. A friend of mine is currently posting, like every day, about a gofundme for her little brother's honeymoon. Ugh.

The wedding social thing is weird- I've never heard of that. A friend from college got married in her hometown (Charlotte, NC) and her reception had a cash bar!! My husband and I were like ? But I guess it's not uncommon in the south. It was so weird though, buying drinks at a wedding reception!

I hate fund-me sites. The only way I'd ever help someone like that would be for medical bills, if I actually knew them and knew they needed the help, otherwise, they can buzz off. I don't care how much or how little someone earns and whether they can afford a trip, or the excuses they give so others could fund their life.

I swear the Internet had made people worse and more entitled. Write ty blogs, post ads and get paid. Or people that write blogs and try to make readers feel guilty by saying they keep writing and sharing because of THEM, and have Paypal donation buttons above high they say 'buy me a coffee' umm no.

Few years ago I stumbled on a foreign blog where the person was asking for donations to put a down payment on a house.

I'm not a greedy person, I'm very giving and generous, but if I see someone actually ask for handouts but not actually do jack to accomplish whatever it is they need by themselves and just expect to be given whatever it is, then I'm really selfish.

Cash bars are very common here.

I hadn't thought about that...I'm going to be doing an indigogo campaign once I get all my social media figured out (for my business)....I wonder if people will silently be judging me on that? Although funding vacations is different, I think

I think that a business is different. Or getting investors to go in with you (who would get a slice of the profit if the business works). But it's not like asking people to give you money to throw a party which you may or may not get invited to.

I've been to some weddings where are free drinks from say, 5-6, then the rest of the night is cash bar. Personally, I'd just rather serve wine and beer the whole night, and not give the option of harder drinks to keep the budget down.

So - I'm 4 pounds down on the scale this morning. However, I was weighed 2 days ago with all my clothes on, in the afternoon, at the dr's office. And this morning, I weighed myself on my bathroom scale, naked. so... lol. Next week we'll see if it keeps going down.

CVS had the SonicCare toothbrush on sale for like $60, then there was an additional sale, and I had extracare bucks, so in the end, I paid $47. I used it this morning, and omg, it tickled my mouth!! I need to get used to this. It also sprayed toothpaste spittle everywhere. great.

So - I'm 4 pounds down on the scale this morning. However, I was weighed 2 days ago with all my clothes on, in the afternoon, at the dr's office. And this morning, I weighed myself on my bathroom scale, naked. so... lol. Next week we'll see if it keeps going down.

CVS had the SonicCare toothbrush on sale for like $60, then there was an additional sale, and I had extracare bucks, so in the end, I paid $47. I used it this morning, and omg, it tickled my mouth!! I need to get used to this. It also sprayed toothpaste spittle everywhere. great.

Great deal on the Sonicare!

My new dental hygienists guessed that I use a Sonicare because I was a few years late getting my teeth cleaned. They said my gums were in great health, despite the fact I had not come in lately for cleaning. (They were practically glee-ful, lol).

On the topic of the internet and asking for money... sorry to sound harsh but I have to share.

My friend's sister is an instagram-wh**e and anyhoo...she started a kickstarter about "Honeybee's in Italy" This girl raised $15,000 to help raise awareness of the struggling honeybee. Bought herself a ticket to italy and basically became a tourist for that money, would post photos of herself in a short skirt saying "haha, I got kicked out of this church in the vatican, I guess they don't support women's rights" or something. ANYWAY, I will admit watching that trainwreck was fun...after about a month of this, she finally got down to saving the bees...and snapped some photos. After a few weeks of that, some guy stole her camera (she never backed anything up) and basically said, sorry, I was working so hard for this, I can't believe someone would take away my life passion away like this without any remorse.

She basically vacationed for free for a few months with a great budget and didn't even have anything to show for it at the end... In all honesty my girlfriend and I started pondering ideas that we could pitch. I was looking into some rare insect in the Bahamas, or perhaps some centipede in Fiji...I mean I really want to make a difference! Maybe New Zealand too...yup, I'm sure I can find some insect that needs my saving there!

Geez. I'm sure that money could have gone to help out some real researchers studying honeybees. gah.

Ok, the weight loss is not fully real - naked in the morning is surely going to be lower than clothed in the afternoon (shoes on as well). let's see how next week goes.

Good lord..... SMH.

So, I was supposed to go out on a date with a guy tonight, I'll call him Butthead. Butthead's profile said he was 34 and in construction (but has a master's in engineering from his home country). He asked me out twice, at the last minute. Both times I said no. I told him I need a little more notice. So we were supposed to go out tonight. A few days ago, Butthead told me he had been accepted to be a PhD student in engineering at a local university this fall. I congratulated him. His field is actually incredibly similar to mine and he would have been working on a very similar project as to what I do, he was laughing how it was such a small world. Anyway, Butthead confesses to me tonight, a few hours before we're supposed to go out, that he's not actually working in construction, he's actually a PhD student right now. Why the eff would someone lie about that??? he said his friend set his profile up for him. But seriously, so dumb. Butthead said he was dumb and apologized and wanted a second chance. I said no thanks. ugh. BLOCK!!

Oh yeah, and this morning, he texted me to ask if I wanted to go out to a dive bar tonight. I was like.... uh, no. (Seriously, first date, dive bar?????) i mean, don't you want to try a *little* harder? I suggested an Irish pub near me instead. but now, no point. I blocked him. this is stupid.

I have a date tomorrow with a guy, I'll call him Alejandro. He's 41 and in tech. We'll see how that goes. He asked me to pick a place, so we'll go to this bar/lounge/restaurant. They have a good drinks menu and they have $5 dessert tomorrow so I think that will be nice.

Tonight - wine, chocolate covered almonds, and Criminal Minds in bed!!

so, Carol is still seeing Bill, but she's making dates with other men as well. She and Bill still spend time together, he even spent most of the night last week (had to leave early to go home and get to work by 7 AM). She's worried because he's a teacher, and also the swim coach, which is apparently 6 days a week, 2 hours a day. It doesn't sound like this guy has time at all to be a boyfriend. I mean, he sounds like a really awesome and dedicated teacher. oh well... we'll see.... Bill wants to know how he can make it up to me after me falling out of his jeep and hurting my ankle. I told Carol to tell him, 'but not giving me anymore rides to the airport.' seriously.

anyway..... i had the weirdest exchange. I have a friend, I'll call her Anne. Anne lives a few hours away, and told me she's been wanting to talk to me about this workshop she did. she said it changed her life. so she wanted to tell me all about it, it was some kind of leadership/life coach workshop that is like $1,000 and she wanted me to know about it. Anyway, then she wanted to know about my life and relationship goals, and honestly, I wasn't in the mood to discuss these things. I told her i wasn't in the mood today for a therapy session. She said a bunch of stuff, like she wants to be my friend, like really close friend and build a strong connection with me, and talk about my life and relationship goals, where do i see myself in 5 years..... I tried to change the subject several times, then she wanted to know why i didn't want to talk about it, what was stopping me, etc..... I finally told her I was going to get off the phone and would talk to her later. gah. so weird. i told her i would look at the website.

i mean, i agree that my life can use some improvement, there's a lot of room for improvement. but i also don't like to be put on the spot to answer questions like that on the phone.... particularly after i've told her a few times i wasn't in the mood to talk about it. she apologized for pushing me too far at least.

Archived