LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked right after planning a date

Blocked right after planning a date

So I've had an online match with a woman on a dating site, and for the past few weeks we had been chatting there. Everything going well, with daily good natured exchanges.

SHE ended up suggesting that we meet for coffee one of these days. I said good idea and offered to swap numbers and move on to whatsapp. She agreed to it and we started chatting there, everything still going well.

Then after some more chitchat I ask if she's free for that coffee tomorrow, she says yes and suggests a time and choice of places. I pick the place and agree to the time. And then after a few minutes of silence she says "actually I can't sorry" and proceeds to block me both on whatsapp and the dating site!

I don't have any idea what happened there. Why would people do that? I found this very rude and hurtful. As someone with chronic self esteem issues, this is just making it worse. I'll get over not going on the date but I am genuinely puzzled and hurt by this behaviour.

Bronze Member
    I would guess that sheís probably married or in a relationship and was either thinking about cheating or was thinking about breaking up with her person but then chickened out.

Just one of the hazards of OLD. It happens. 9 times out of 10 I'd guess that's someone who's in a relationship and just wants the attention fix. It's a ****ty thing to do, but try not to take it too close to heart.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by WalterSobcha
    So I've had an online match with a woman on a dating site, and for the past few weeks we had been chatting there. Everything going well, with daily good natured exchanges.

SHE ended up suggesting that we meet for coffee one of these days. I said good idea and offered to swap numbers and move on to whatsapp. She agreed to it and we started chatting there, everything still going well.

Then after some more chitchat I ask if she's free for that coffee tomorrow, she says yes and suggests a time and choice of places. I pick the place and agree to the time. And then after a few minutes of silence she says "actually I can't sorry" and proceeds to block me both on whatsapp and the dating site!

I don't have any idea what happened there. Why would people do that? I found this very rude and hurtful. As someone with chronic self esteem issues, this is just making it worse. I'll get over not going on the date but I am genuinely puzzled and hurt by this behaviour.
    You shouldn't get too emotional over this. This is OLD. Until you've gone on a few dates with her, that person is a complete stranger, and anything can happen. That is why the experienced online daters will keep the conversations short, while setting up the initial date.

Absolutely that's rude. My guess is she's married or else found someone else on the dating site who appealed to her more than you did. Time to move on.

Sorry to hear that. Did you video chat? Some are just flakes but the abrupt turn around suggests she's catfishing or hiding something. You dodged a bullet.

Yes, of course, it's rude. Grow accustomed to rudeness as it is the way of the world. There are a lot of rude people in this world. There are nice people and there are lots of rude people.

Rude people actually are doing you a favor. Their true character is revealed to you in the most unsavory ways and it's your chance to discover and discern their real selves. Whenever anyone exhibits rude behavior to you, you'll learn quickly whom to avoid and eliminate from your life. (With others, strong, healthy boundaries are enforced.)

There are some people who are predictable in a good way and whom you can trust unequivocally. Then there are others who give you pause to think and you'll become "thankful" that you discovered their true colors before they inflict more harm to you. Their rudeness prevents you from becoming vulnerable to receiving their same disrespect in the future. Change the way you think and consider people's rudeness as a blessing in disguise.

It was not all in vain. To the contrary, it was wisdom gained.

I think that last message was sent by her boyfriend or husband or FWB who wants more. They found out she was dating behind their back.

No big loss.

Platinum Member
    I see it as; yeah itís rude, but their loss! There could be a thousand guesses as to why she did what she did. Just chalk it up to a stranger your glad you didnít get to know.

Platinum Member
    Her boyfriend probably caught her on a dating app.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice