She blocked me suddenly :(

SilverFactory

When you asked if she wanted a ride, she was no longer interested. She declined your offer, politely.

Offering to take this woman to the airport after two dates was too much. The fact that you that you live two hours away, was over-the-top. I think that you push too much, too soon. You need to pull way back, this may be why you are not getting more second dates. Don't be so overly eager.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you asked if she wanted a ride, she was no longer interested. She declined your offer, politely.

Offering to take this woman to the airport after two dates was too much. The fact that you that you live two hours away, was over-the-top. I think that you push too much, too soon. You need to pull way back, this may be why you are not getting more second dates. Don't be so overly eager.

Thanks. There was a reason I offered to drop her at the airport..

after the second date she said "I felt like we did not spend enough time with each other". So I thought dropping her at the airport was a chance to spend time with her before she went on her trip.

Eh, I think she was just not as interested in you and listed the dog and eating habits as reasons to cut you loose because she didn't know how to be honest that she simply didn't feel a spark with you.

It hurts to be blocked but I don't get the impression she would have been a good match for you anyway. Also, as Holly suggests, you got attached to the idea of her too quickly. Next time, try to keep your expectations a bit more grounded and don't feel you need to campaign for a stranger's affections.

She has a very specific nonnegotiable husband hunting checklist.🚭📑 These were interviews, not dates.

Jump for joy that you didn't get the job of future husband. She's a headache you don't need.

Block and delete her and let her and her dog go eat some kale together.🐶🥦

she repeatedly asked me how I was single for such a long time

She also asked me other questions like if I smoke, drink, etc.

I don't have a pet and I won't feel comfortable with her dog around..

then she mentioned that she is vegetarian and I am non-vegetarian..

then she slowly started asking questions again - do you smoke, do you drink, when was your last serious relationship, why you didn't have a girlfriend for such a long time, etc.

She has a very specific nonnegotiable husband hunting checklist.🚭📑 These were interviews, not dates.

Jump for joy that you didn't get the job of future husband. She's a headache you don't need.

Block and delete her and let her and her dog go eat some kale together.🐶🥦

Yes! All of this ^ OP, you dodged a bullet - go out and celebrate!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond.

Today evening I showed the entire message exchange between me and her to a close friend of mine and he immediately pointed out something that never crossed my mind.

So before her trip I asked her if anyone was dropping her at the airport and she said that a friend was dropping her. I then said that I can actually drop her and she felt glad and said "so sweet of you.. thanks." Then she asked "are you sure? its a long way for you to come here, pick me up, and then again a long way to drop me at the airport" and I replied "yes I am sure". At this point she said "Let me think about it" and after couple of minutes said "I will just go with my friend because my dog will be riding with me.. And I don’t know if you will be okay with it." Then she started asking me the questions that I had mentioned earlier.

My friend pointed this to me and said that instead of using this opportunity to spend time with me she basically talks about her dog and then excuses herself.. He said that she was basically avoiding the car ride with me because she doesn't want to spend anymore alone time with me without knowing more about me... and her way of knowing more about me was asking a bunch of questions over text. And as I had mentioned earlier I got frustrated answering the same questions over and over again and we got into a fight after which I called her and pacified her.. during the call I told her that if we went to the airport together she could use that time and ask all the questions she wanted directly to my face.. but I guess she had made up her mind by then because she said "I don't know anything about you and so I am asking questions.. but you are getting frustrated.. so now I cannot ask you any more questions. Let's stop talking".

This kinda makes sense to me... I mean, if a woman was interested in a man will she not get excited about spending time with him? It looks like this woman first wanted to know everything about me before spending more alone time with me..

I wouldn’t have a guy I went on two dates take me to the airport. Absolutely not.

Posts like this amaze me when people hang on to something that is not there - she made it 100% clear she is not interested in you and gave you many reasons why. Yet you still didn't go away until the point of having to block you. And you still are debating it. Two dates. She doesn't like you. Respect her decision and wants. This is not the only woman in the world. Move on. Either you are desperately wanting a mommy in your life since she has it together for what she wants while you seem to cling to any attention, or you are just too desperate.

It would be better if you contact several women who you are interested in and go from there. Creating options should help prevent any future clinging to one.

I wouldn’t have a guy I went on two dates take me to the airport. Absolutely not.

Neither would I ! And would think it weird if a guy I only had two dates with even asked.

That and the fact he got so frustrated it prompted a fight after only two dates (don't care the reason) would cause me to put him on my next list too.

Bottom line - you two simply aren't a good fit OP, you both dodged bullets.

I'll tell you what I got from your post...NEEDY!

You barely knew each other, and already you're offering to take her to the airport? Why? Then you continue to chase her, again why? You barely know this women and began to pursue, by doing this how do you expect to build any attraction? At this point leave it alone! Next girl you meet online be alouf and have fun without trying to move to fast.

Good luck

I wouldn't be getting into a guy's car who I've only met twice either.

Further to that, the fact that you did get frustrated with her via text (which she maybe interpreted as you snapping) would make me think twice if I were in her shoes too, come to think of it, and all the more reason why I'd be reluctant to get in a car with you after only two dates.

I would suggest that, the next time you meet a woman and she's asking you tons of questions via text, ask her if you can give her a call to discuss over the phone.

Also, try and keep your attitude in check. Sure she was asking you tons of questions and maybe frustrating you, but keep in mind that this woman barely knows you, so everything you say and do builds an impression in her mind of the type of guy you are.

Being snippy early on would not leave her with the best impression of you.

Some people have a checklist! One of my friends actual has a checklist of the way a man she dates has to fit. From his height, to his teeth to his job.

You just did not meet her checklist sadly!

Good riddance! You want to be with someone who likes you for you!

Some people are accepting. My vegan friend is married to a steak loving man. They are like two little opposite. She is 1 and a half foot shorter than him. He is very career driven and she isn't. Very different but a beautiful couple married for 9 years with two gorgeous kids.

Not everyone has a checklist. Be lucky she had one and you don't have to deal with her!

Thanks for all your honest responses.

From reading all the replies I realize I made 2 mistakes:

1) being needy and offering to drop her at the airport. On that day I asked her "Is some one dropping you at the airport?" and she said "Yes a friend is dropping me. Do you want to come and drop me?" and like an idiot I agreed to that

2) losing my temper when she kept going with her invasive questions. I feel like I should have also asked many questions about her marriage and why it ended in a divorce, why she could not make her marriage work.. but I never did.

sigh.. it's all over now.

then she slowly started asking questions again - do you smoke, do you drink, when was your last serious relationship, why you didn't have a girlfriend for such a long time, etc. At one point I got frustrated and we got into a minor fight. She said we should end things as I don't feel comfortable answering her questions. I then called her and somehow patched up things and we decided to continue.

I dunno, I don't find those questions to be all that intrusive, it's called weeding men out so as to not waste time continuing to date a man we're not compatible with.

Plus you had already had two dates, it's not like she asked you during your initial text exchange before meeting, although some women might have, again to not waste time meeting men we know we won't be compatible with.

In any event, your losing your temper was not cool! So you're right about that.

As some others have said, if you feel uncomfortable answering questions via text, then politely tell her you will answer them on your next date.

Exercise some self-control and do not lose your temper on these early dates and text messages.

She sounds like a nutcase to be honest. I don't think you lost out on anything.

But just the same, it sounds as though she didn't feel you two were compatible.

Probably for the best. Hope you can move on and find someone else who is more suitable.

This ^^^. I had an ex who turned out to be very emotionally abusive, and he started by giving me the third degree every time we met. Though apparently I passed all his 'tests' with flying colours - I ended up wishing I hadn't!

It's the fact that she asked the questions over and over...that part is definitely weird.

He answered the first time, so why keep asking? I could see anyone getting annoyed.

Fair enough, I missed that she had already asked him those questions, so yeah that would be annoying.

Still losing his temper was probably not the best course of action, since he obviously likes her and wanted to continue dating her, but I see your point.

This would have concerned me; there's a difference between being evasive, and not wanting to be repeatedly interrogated!

Oh wow - that's the exact word I told her.

She first asked me some questions even before giving her phone number.. then she asked when we texted and chatted... then she asked when we met for the 1st date.. then she again asked when we met for the 2nd date.. then she asked more questions when I finally lost my temper. I told her "I feel like I am being interrogated"

Archived