Open Club  ·  90 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you thinking thread? round two, Part 4

indierockgrl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd start watching 'Dawsons Creek' I was like, excuse me Dawson's what? HA!

Anyway, oh my God it's so lame it's better than comedy for me. Addicted already. Just another show to add onto the pile that my husband refuses to be in the room with me when they're playing hahahahahahah soooo good.

People will still shock me, even at my age and even with experience and wisdom, I still get shocked. I will think that things finally make sense and things are going along swimmingly and "boom"...something unexpected from someone I would have never expected it from.

Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Really interesting. I'll have to watch more of his videos and find out what else we all forgot!

I've heard before that residents of impoverished countries are generally happier than those in wealthy countries.

Hmm, I've heard that too but I am not sure if there is a correlation between poverty and happiness. The happiest people in Europe are the Scandinavians and have the "richest" countries in the EU, especially Norway. Although Scandinavian countries have a unique political/economical system. Latin Americans also seem to enjoy life without being rich.

My opinion, it's the gene....

I just looked it up, and I couldn't find the reference for the poverty = happy info. I saw the study where all of the happiest people are the richest, with the Scandinavians topping the list. I can't remember the name of the book that I read about the other one in, but it was about environmental economics. If I think of it, I'll post it.

I just looked it up, and I couldn't find the reference for the poverty = happy info. I saw the study where all of the happiest people are the richest, with the Scandinavians topping the list. I can't remember the name of the book that I read about the other one in, but it was about environmental economics. If I think of it, I'll post it.

In my opinion, the key for happiness when you can cover your basic needs and have a roof above your head, is being content with what you have. It seems Scandinavians have found this balance between work-money-quality of life and are content with what they have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived