Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Posters who keep making thread after thread..... make a thread about every thought they have apparently, i tend to ignore those posters but it does annoy me very much if they clog the main page!

Especially when it's just a continuation of the exact same question. They could just have one thread but instead every day they make a new one.

I do feel for them sometimes because I realize they probably post here so often because they have no one in "real life" to talk to.

• 1 month later...

Parents, please think before you decide to use "creative spelling" for your children's names.

I had to read a class roster aloud and one of the student's name was "Airaka". She had to tell me it's pronounced "Erica". Jeez! Just spell it "Erica" then!!!!

Or "Ashleigh" or "Hayleigh". Why all the extra letters???!!!

Posters who keep making thread after thread..... make a thread about every thought they have apparently, i tend to ignore those posters but it does annoy me very much if they clog the main page!

Agree but what annoys me more are the "one and done's." They post once and then disappear. Meanwhile, we're all posting away, asking questions or asking for more clarity, or giving our opinions, and the OP has left the building!

Can anyone provide a possible explanation for this, it boggles the mind!

Arghh!!

Parents, please think before you decide to use "creative spelling" for your children's names.

I had to read a class roster aloud and one of the student's name was "Airaka". She had to tell me it's pronounced "Erica". Jeez! Just spell it "Erica" then!!!!

Or "Ashleigh" or "Hayleigh". Why all the extra letters???!!!

Leigh is a British spelling. That I can see. Airaka,Um, nope . It is like an 11 year old designed a name.

"Leigh" is nice. But tacked on to the end of Ashley seems pretentious to me. It's pronounced the same!!!

It is just that it is a legitimate spelling. I might have named a daughter LeighAnne as opposed to LeeAnne because I think it looks nicer ,more feminine . Airaka , just looks like an 11-year-old who couldn’t spell made up a name .

Not just today but in general -those Facebook posts that admonish you to "share" and repost "if" you really care about ____ cause and "if" you are truly the person the poster thinks you are (I never do, not my thing).

My true friends will repost! I'll know who my REAL FRIENDS are by who reposts this!!!!

My faves are the ones that insist I will die at midnight if I don't repost or send it on to ten people. I never do either and I'm still alive.

What's with all these "one hit wonders" posts lately? They post their story and question, get pages and pages of responses and never return. Really very very very annoying!

They weren't told what they wanted to hear.

Alternatively, many threads digress into regular posters arguing with one another. I'd leave too.

They weren't told what they wanted to hear.

Alternatively, many threads digress into regular posters arguing with one another. I'd leave too.

Can also be that they heard what they expected or needed to hear so no further input required. A kind of am I right? Yes. Conversation over even if they don't put whatever they are thinking or seeking validation for explicitly.

People tend to post and argue more when they hear what they don't want to hear, at least in my observation.

Noticed that also. Agree regular posters debating each other for pages on end could start their own threads, topics, journals, etc. The forum rules state this "Please stay on topic when posting within a thread".

They weren't told what they wanted to hear. Alternatively, many threads digress into regular posters arguing with one another. I'd leave too.

Do you think some of them are trolling? Or is this a new trend like posting on Askreddit, Quora, etc., then just scrolling through the collective answers?

What's with all these "one hit wonders" posts lately? They post their story and question, get pages and pages of responses and never return. Really very very very annoying!

Complete strangers who ask me within minutes of meeting me what I think of the U.S. President. (happened last night when I volunteered - one of the other volunteers asked this question of me and the woman sitting next to me). I've been asked whether I voted for him and similar questions from people who do not know me.

Complete strangers who ask me within minutes of meeting me what I think of the U.S. President. (happened last night when I volunteered - one of the other volunteers asked this question of me and the woman sitting next to me). I've been asked whether I voted for him and similar questions from people who do not know me.

Batya I don't think your a Trump supporter, but I'd be blown out of the water if you were.

Batya I don't think your a Trump supporter, but I'd be blown out of the water if you were.

LOL we don't discuss politics here. I've found anecdotally that since the last election it seems that it's appropriate to inquire about others' political leanings much more than ever before. I don't ever. Luckily at my office no one does, ever. It's a safe space!