Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

I'm allergic to Domino's.

They started putting some crumbly topping on their crust that causes me to wheeze and itch.

I only ordered from them because they had that 2 medium pizza for $5.99 deal tonight. I prefer pizza hut

• 4 weeks later...

When I said I wanted to lose a few pounds quickly, I did not mean I wanted this flu crap going around. I can't eat or it comes back up for two days now. This sucks, I'm not sick enough to lie down and sleep, but I'm definitely not well enough to do more than soda crackers and water - in tiny, tiny doses.

Be careful what you wish for.

Once again a supervisor at work threw me under the bus to save his own butt. Told me to do something, then when one of the other managers objected, told that other manager that he never told me to do that. Then told me he understood there was a lot of confusion regarding instructions. Well, why the H didn't he tell that other manager that instead of saying he never told me to do it??? Sick and tired of people thinking keeping their own job is more important than me keeping mine.

Fortunately I am an adult and went to the other manager for a one on one talk and we worked it out. But I plan to confront (yes, confront) my manager to ask him why he felt it was necessary to tell lies. I'm too old to be intimidated by anyone at work and I have no problem at all speaking my mind. He needs to never do this again.

Once again a supervisor at work threw me under the bus to save his own butt. Told me to do something, then when one of the other managers objected, told that other manager that he never told me to do that. Then told me he understood there was a lot of confusion regarding instructions. Well, why the H didn't he tell that other manager that instead of saying he never told me to do it??? Sick and tired of people thinking keeping their own job is more important than me keeping mine.

Fortunately I am an adult and went to the other manager for a one on one talk and we worked it out. But I plan to confront (yes, confront) my manager to ask him why he felt it was necessary to tell lies. I'm too old to be intimidated by anyone at work and I have no problem at all speaking my mind. He needs to never do this again.

You already know why. As you said, to save his own butt. Also, its not that "he needs to never do this again", it's that YOU need him to stop it, and find a better way.

Annoying default bookmark names. I visit a site called, say, lamps.com, I decide to save it as a bookmark, and the name of the bookmark comes up "Get the Best Deals On Lamps | All Kinds Of Lamps | Win A Free Lamp | Lamps.Com | Your Outlet For Lamps | Lamps And More!!!" I'm constantly editing these stupid things down to just the name of the website. And editing them is annoying on a cell phone, btw.

• 1 month later...

(paraphrasing this) "I'm not arguing, I'm just repeatedly pointing out how right I am, and how the opposing idea is stupid along with the person holding it. It's a discussion. We are all adults here."

I annoy myself by being bothered by these types of comments.

No matter how well my mom is doing after starting/stopping a new treatment/trying new activities/insert other thing to try and make her last days better, there will come that day, that moment when I'm reminded that she has Alzheimer's and is not coming back. I just wish it didn't hurt so much whenever it happens.

Death by a thousand tiny paper cuts is what this illness is.