Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Department chair of the department currently about to cost me $3,000 in their screw-up (I'm working on it, it's well documented) is being an unhelpful, unethical, and hostile snot. His ego is really annoying... I could sue over this... How about you just solve the problem instead of being difficult.

Those who repost the exact same question on this forum over and over. Obviously they've already decided on the answer they want (and apparently didn't get it with the first thread) but they keep reposting hoping someone will tell them what they want to hear.

More points deducted when they post under a different user name thinking no one will notice. Extra points deducted when they use the exact same wording each time. Boo!

Hey, if someone already has decided what they want to do, why ask for "advice"? Just go do it!

Unfollowed on Facebook:

Woman that posts trashy memes about sex with her full-skull tattooed boyfriend, and also how she is loyal, and also how she will fight someone or something.

Coworker that posts memes about kids these days, The Troops, guns, and more than all of the previously-mentioned: Remember this thing from a long-past decade memes. ‘Member this old alarm clock? ‘Member this old car stereo? Like if you ‘member this old TV character.

Unfollowed on Facebook:

Woman that posts trashy memes about sex with her full-skull tattooed boyfriend, and also how she is loyal, and also how she will fight someone or something.

Coworker that posts memes about kids these days, The Troops, guns, and more than all of the previously-mentioned: Remember this thing from a long-past decade memes. ‘Member this old alarm clock? ‘Member this old car stereo? Like if you ‘member this old TV character.

lol........

• 2 weeks later...

Emcee misannounced the class of the ballroom event for Cha Cha... So upon listening to the emcee we missed the semifinal round. We would have been called back to finals and probably placed top three (we made it to the finals for every other newcomer dance). Funny how they look out for other dancers by calling out their numbers if they are missing, but didn't call out to my partner and me. Great job emcee and line captain [emoji34]. Unfair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The inability that people now have to actually have a discussion and debate anything without flinging insults at each other. Every article on Facebook has a comment after comment of people trading personal attacks at each others opinions.

What is even the point of it? Does it ever win the other person over to your position? Has anyone ever had their opinion changed by someone insulting them?

Man, we're doomed.

• 1 month later...

Ugggghhh...I dreamed about my awful, useless waste of oxygen ex last night. I think I may have been triggered because I reference him often on these forums. He's the reason I don't date...I don't trust myself to make good choices since I chose that loser for FOUR years. And I haven't forgiven myself yet even though he dumped me years ago.

No,, I don't love him or hate him. I'm just mad at me.

Anyway, in this dream I apparently lived with him (how, I don't know since his house was burned down by his current girlfriend). He was acting super caring and solicitous of my comfort. Blech. I woke up annoyed. Put a damper on my morning.

• 3 weeks later...

These imposed promotional videos on Youtube! It’s vexing. And all these dumbasses consultants who advertise quick methods to get rich are not even modest with the numbers lol. “earn 20 million per year”- I like the number, not 1, not 2, 20 lol Oh boy, there are suckers in this world.

So, I'm your supervisor. I get that you applied for my job and didn't get it and I did, but repeatedly saying "I forgot" when I (and our manager) ask you to do your regular daily tasks is not winning you any brownie points. Neither is coming in 2 hours late on a day that was planned to be extremely busy and your help was needed.

If you resent me for getting the promotion you wanted, ruining your own professional reputation isn't hurting me one bit. It's hurting you.

So, you're a manager which means you should have some idea of how to be professional in the workplace. Going around to the people you manage telling them they shouldn't like me because YOU don't like me isn't very professional. In fact, if someone decides to report what you're doing to HR you could get into a lot of trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am, annoyed again.

A former coworker I barely know who hasn't even spoken to me in nearly two years just asked me for money. When I politely refused, she proceeded to insult me because I still work for the company we met at (which she got fired from).

I get that it's not easy to ask for money, but it's not reasonable to insult someone just because they said no. And, it's pretty nervy to not contact someone for that long and when you do it's just to ask for money.

Wonder where her "boyfriend" is??

• 2 weeks later...