Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Paradox of choice.πŸ™„ Why do you have to go down an entire aisle of redundant but slightly different stuff to find one simple thing?πŸ—πŸ₯©πŸ πŸ₯ͺπŸ•πŸ₯žπŸ₯§ 🍰🍩🍡Why do you need a law degree to decide on a phone/provider.πŸ“„πŸ“²πŸ“œπŸ“³πŸ“ƒπŸ“΄πŸ“šπŸ“±πŸ““πŸ“žπŸ’΅

This meth crisis!

It's dangerously cold out and those guys are still out there bumming and chasing after people. It's really scary. How many are going to freeze to death?! And how many people are going to get hurt because they happen to be near when someone has a psychotic break?!

A friend of mine recently got attacked coming out from a restaurant with her husband. She got keyed in the eye and beat up. In the early evening, with people and security around. Thank god she's going to be alright! But it's crazy and out of conyrol

Is "left them on 'read'" the new insult/breakup? πŸ€”πŸ“΄

Oh and one-hit-wonder posts/threads. Maybe they should be left on "read" until they come back and reply?

Β 

I love the ones where the OP posts only their original post and the "regulars" debate amongst themselves for 11 pages.

Zuckerberg. πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ΉπŸ€¬ The one decent private encrypted messaging product his company has is planned to be merged with his other exploitative data-mining products and again make money selling everyone's data and keystrokes. 🐷 Then there will be the "oops geez didn't know (I was making a fortune on) about this and all the non disclosures".

I caught a radio show yesterday where the interviewee, Douglas Rushkoff, talked about how the internet has changed from a collaborative open-architecture network to a data-mining corporate beast. He talks about how developers initially viewed the government as the enemy. But by turning away from the government and embracing big business and big money they inadvertently created the situation we have today.

Β 

He mentions Mark Zuckerberg, and how he could have gone the platform-cooperative route with Facebook, but instead turned it over to corporations to create a massive data mine.

Β 

It's a very interesting conversation that starts around minute 31 and continues for about 15 minutes.

Β 

https://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/83873

Β 

You know, when Facebook first went public, Zuckerberg donated $100 million to the the Newark Public School System (that money was largely squandered). I thought he was extremely generous, but now I think it was guilt.

Β 

In the 90s, the web folks didn't realize what selling out to business would create. But by 2010, everyone knew where it was going.

Thank you for posting this. Very informative. The Amish are looking smarter every day. πŸ§”

Β 

He mentions Mark Zuckerberg, and how he could have gone the platform-cooperative route with Facebook, but instead turned it over to corporations to create a massive data mine.

Β 

It's a very interesting conversation that starts around minute 31 and continues for about 15 minutes.

Β 

https://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/83873

Β 

You know, when Facebook first went public, Zuckerberg donated $100 million to the the Newark Public School System (that money was largely squandered). I thought he was extremely generous, but now I think it was guilt.

Β 

In the 90s, the web folks didn't realize what selling out to business would create. But by 2010, everyone knew where it was going.

Γ—
Γ—