Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

For the love of everything good people, do NOT send people unsolicited pictures of your injuries!!

Yes, I'm highly sensitive to this, and maybe you aren't, but just don't do it. Unless someone asks or you know with certainty they are ok with it, don't randomly send graphic images mmmkay?!?

1 minute ago, IAG said:

For the love of everything good people, do NOT send people unsolicited pictures of your injuries!!

Yes, I'm highly sensitive to this, and maybe you aren't, but just don't do it. Unless someone asks or you know with certainty they are ok with it, don't randomly send graphic images mmmkay?!?

One of my former coworkers wanted to show me a pic of his nearly severed foot.  I declined.  Don't need to have nightmares for years.

Also, I'm baffled that the first thing you think to do when you're in a serious accident and your foot is almost severed from your leg is to take pics.  How about calling 911 and screaming for help???

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

One of my former coworkers wanted to show me a pic of his nearly severed foot.  I declined.  Don't need to have nightmares for years.

Also, I'm baffled that the first thing you think to do when you're in a serious accident and your foot is almost severed from your leg is to take pics.  How about calling 911 and screaming for help???

Lol right?!? Just so weird to me. 

And not to be dramatic, but for real I will probably have nightmares about it. Medical trauma is my major trigger - and I don't think I'm being unreasonable with not being cool with this. 

31 minutes ago, IAG said:

Lol right?!? Just so weird to me. 

And not to be dramatic, but for real I will probably have nightmares about it. Medical trauma is my major trigger - and I don't think I'm being unreasonable with not being cool with this. 

I guess when my colon ruptured open I should have taken pics of myself lying on the floor unable to move. Maybe I could have posted them on Instagram or TikTok. And then trolled for likes or sympathy.

It's weird, when it's me that is injured it doesn't bother me. I actually asked the surgeon if I could see the section of colon he removed (yeah, he gave me a strange look but agreed to do it). And when my son split his chin open I was kind of fascinated to see the structure of the skin, fat layer and bone. But I don't want to see graphic images of severe injuries. I accidentally looked at some a few times and those images are still in my head.

And I absolutely do not watch slasher flicks. To me those are the laziest form of film making.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dias said:

What is the "Greek life" in college some posters refer to? 

College Fraternities and Sororities. They name themselves with Greek letters. There's a whole process to becoming a member. It usually involves some form of hazing. I don't really know much about Greek Life other than it seemed like a huge pain in the ass. Like, why would I do that lol?

• Thanks 1