Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

Just now, Coily said:

Can't help it, I really want to post this elsewhere:
"make me walk farther daddy. I've been a bad girl and took the car to the pharmacy."
Trying to not go overboard, but this is just too hilarious.

People create fantasies and then melt down when their falsehoods are revealed. We're just words on a screen so why some people try so hard to impress internet strangers is puzzling. Also hilarious how some people cannot stand to be disagreed with. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Really? I've reported several posts and never got a warning. Interesting.

Yep. Apparently it’s rude to comment that I think  possibly harmful comments should be removed by the Mods. Or to “question what others have said in that manner.”

Without a direct citation of my “offense.” That is me assuming the true nature of my being “rude.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh gross ...... I was just reading some British online news and saw a rather gross article 🤢  A survey taken apparently showed that at least 50% of single males only washed their bed sheets "on average" 3 times a year 🤢..... and some even less than that. 🤢🤮🤮  Oh gawd, ... just the thought ... 🤢🤮

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

Oh gross ...... I was just reading some British online news and saw a rather gross article 🤢  A survey taken apparently showed that at least 50% of single males only washed their bed sheets "on average" 3 times a year 🤢..... and some even less than that. 🤢🤮🤮  Oh gawd, ... just the thought ... 🤢🤮

Ugh how awful! I'm a once a weeker here - more if needed.

My brother didn't know you're supposed to take down your curtains and have them cleaned regularly. When he took them down to have the interior of his home painted he said he almost choked on all the dust. 

A friend of mine lived in a house for over ten years and never had the carpet cleaned. And he wondered why I never wanted to stay over. 

• Haha 1

Then there are the surveys on personal hygiene.  Again, males outdo the females on this one, lol. Shower sometimes once a week, or less ...... and get this ...... DON'T brush their teeth. 🤢🤮

OMG, where do I find all this stuff!  I really need to stop reading international online newspapers, lol.

• Haha 1

Wonder how accurate the surveys are? Also wonder how many of those men work in jobs where they are only home for part of a month? I know when I was traveling for work I slept in my bed maybe 4-5 weeks out of a year.

Now the showering thing... eh when working from home I go maybe 3 days with out a full shower, just wash my face and hands and head right to work. Not around others, not going to waste productive time.

Now the teeth brushing... Yikes!!! I do it at least 2 times a day. Sometimes just randomly to turn my brain off.

I have a friend who only showers a couple of times a week. She says she doesn't think she gets that dirty. She's hugged me and yeah, she does smell like sweat. 

I shower and shampoo and get dressed daily regardless of whether I'm working from home or going into the office. I don't consider showering a chore or an ordeal. For me, it feels good to be clean. And I'm not getting into my bed without showering as I don't want to sleep in a dirty bed. Personal preference. My brother showers AT LEAST twice a day. Homeboy is CLEAN!

34 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I have a friend who only showers a couple of times a week. She says she doesn't think she gets that dirty. She's hugged me and yeah, she does smell like sweat. 

I shower and shampoo and get dressed daily regardless of whether I'm working from home or going into the office. I don't consider showering a chore or an ordeal. For me, it feels good to be clean. And I'm not getting into my bed without showering as I don't want to sleep in a dirty bed. Personal preference. My brother showers AT LEAST twice a day. Homeboy is CLEAN!

I have dry hair.  I do not shampoo daily but I shower daily.

"Therapists" are generally not medical doctors and often don't hold PhD degrees either. It's a four year university program. Some even just attend a certificate type school (for profit). 

But I think more often than not it's the person writing the post who wants to blame an issue or breakup on a medical condition so they can either believe the breakup wasn't their "fault" or their ex couldn't control their own actions. It's a soothing mechanism. 

• Like 1