Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Oh wow, it has been forever since I updated this!

I never meant to intentionally pull away from ENA but I suppose it became a subconscious thing.... Anyway, life is still going great! I've been at my job over a year now and I'm still loving it. I became a lot more active in the SCA (mostly due to the fact my aunt and uncle became Baron and Baroness in 2015 and they always have to have a retainer when at events) and I've just been enjoying single life!

I have done so much traveling this year!! A lot of it was because of the SCA - I went to Myrtle Beach for an event at the end of August I think and my aunt and I drove 9 hours to an event in Virginia in Feb (only to turn around with 4 hours of sleep but that's another story), along with a lot of other places in North Carolina and my home state - but I have had some personal travels. I went to Nashville in April for a con and this film festival and then went back to Nashville in June to meet up with a friend who I had met at the con and knew from online. In September I flew to Boston to spend the weekend with another online friend and her husband who were throwing a viewing party for a tv show we have in common. It was amazing to walk around a city I never thought I'd go to and the entire weekend was a blast. I'm actually going to Vancouver in March for another con (my first time out of the country!) and I am SO excited for that trip! Already have my plane tickets booked and I've got an appointment on Monday to replace my passport that I somehow managed to misplace between my aunt's house and moving into the apartment. Then my aunt and I are driving to Washington at the beginning of May to see Russel Howard again so it's been the year of the traveling B here haha

All 3 cats are doing well too! My Christmas tree has managed to stay up right and Shadowfax has taken to guarding the presents underneath it haha Jasper is still the biggest love bug ever and Luna is my very anti-social teenager who likes to hang out on top of the fridge.

And no hives since Jan either so it's always a plus to be in remission from those!

Hopefully it won't be another year before I update this again haha

Very happy to hear you are well and the cats are well! How is your aunt and uncle?

They are doing well, thank you for asking!

A bit stressed with this new role they have but overall doing fantastic!

OMG OG!! Honest to God I literally thought of you yesterday ! You will LOVE Vancouver ! I used to live there.

I keep thinking of posting but then I get side tracked with something haha

I'm REALLY excited to go! I'll be there 4 1/2 days (flying in on a Wed and I'll leave Monday morning). I've already looked at a few things I want to do outside the con (since that's my main reason for going) and planning some meet ups with online friends that are also going to the con. My mother is already freaking out about (then again, she freaked out about me flying up to Boston for the weekend...)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived