Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

I really want to, Petite. I really do. I don't know how to make it happen (I'm no were near even moving out of my aunt and uncle's house) but I would love to live near the water one day. Even if it's a 30 minute drive to the ocean.

I think when you're ready, go back to school, finish your degree that you were working on, and then work hard to get a placement in a hospital in a beach city. It might not happen right away, you may have to work for a while in a random place, but I think if you get enough experience and you have some luck, you could wind up in your dream city working there.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Ms Darcy. Today was a good day too. My aunt cooked a big Easter dinner - oh my God that woman can cook. I had to work a short 3 hour shift and when I came home we sat on the front porch and roasted Peeps. Mmmmmm, roasted marshmallow goodness!!

I've got to go to the DMV tomorrow and renew my license (do not feel like taking the test over again, pretty sure I couldn't pass it) and switch the license and tag of the car over to SC. I was suppose to do it on Friday but the bloody DMV needed my birth certificate, social security card, and marriage license (since my name changed from what is on the birth certificate). Not like I carry that crap around.

I've got to make the kid's vet appointments in the next few weeks to update their rabies and get them the rest of the vaccines the boarder requires. 42 more days!!

Lovely to read about your plans to get back to school. If you can't make it to class, just do it online, do one module at a time if you have to but at least you're doing something for yourself and securing a future. You are just 26, by the time you hit 30, you could graduate, and move the world is your oyster.

Lovely to read about your plans to get back to school. If you can't make it to class, just do it online, do one module at a time if you have to but at least you're doing something for yourself and securing a future. You are just 26, by the time you hit 30, you could graduate, and move the world is your oyster.

Thank you, Petite. I'm lucky also in the fact my aunt and uncle have said I could stay here for as long as I need to. I don't feel any rush to move out - my therapist and I actually discussed last week how sometimes the thought of leaving them freaks me out because they've played such a central role in my healing - but I do want my own place. Looking back the happiest I've ever been was that time period when I was living in the apartment before L moved over when it was just me and Jasper. Baby steps though, long way from that happening....

What did your aunt cook for Easter?

Mashed potatoes (from scratch), mac n cheese pie (I ate enough to make myself sick), cabbage (did not eat that), green beans, ham, and rolls.

Taking Shadowfax to get the mats trimmed out of her fur today. She's currently loving up on me but I'm sure that will change once I break out the carrier....

It's basically normal mac and cheese just made in a casserole dish. SO good!!!

Today has been the best birthday. Seriously. For as long as I can remember I've always tried to down play my birthday (stems from all those years as a child when I got no presents, not even a birthday cake thanks to my dad) but my aunt and uncle have went the extra mile today, constantly wishing me a happy birthday and just making me feel so damned loved. My aunt made chicken alfredo for dinner (alfredo is my weakness, I could literally drink it) and mozzarella sticks. She also baked me a chocolate cake - sweet baby Jesus I feel like I could pass out from food intake.

Me too, Annie.

I just spent 30 minutes walking my mom through setting up Skype. Christ. She suggusted it as a way for Munchkin to be able to see me when we talk because he's constantly pointing at my pictures around the house asking 'where's og?' Finally got her set up though and she even managed to call me. Small steps, lol

A family friend asked me today when I was going to start dating again. Valid question, of course. Last November I set myself the deadline of my birthday this year but now that my birthday is here I'm still in no hurry to dip my toes back in that water. It's not a matter of still mourning or being hung up, I just have no desire to be part of an 'us' right now. At this moment in time if it's just me and the kids for the rest of my life I'll be content. I have someone who can fill the physical needs if need be. I'll probably give myself another six months and see were I stand then.

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped my phone Friday while I was out shopping for an outfit for the baby shower I'm going to today. Dropped it from like a foot off the ground and of course the screen shatters. I called my mom and asked if we had an upgrade and the first thing she asked was,"Upu broke your screen, didn't you?"

Not the first time I've done this. *sigh*

We did have an upgrade so I went to the Verizon store and upgraded to an iPhone 5S. Love it. Now I just have to not damage it until my phone case arrives.

The introvert in me is really dreading this baby shower (I've looked forward to it all week but now the day of I'm like meh) but I need to socialize. If only for a few hours.

You need a grippy case lol. Nice to get an iPhone 5 though! I went to Koodo on Friday night to get a new phone to replace my old dead Samsung Ace and she suggested that I buy a used iPhone, but I just didn't want to go to the trouble of tracking one down online and making sure it was unlocked. That, and I do not want to change my super cheap plan ended up with a Moto E. Liking it every bit as much as my work iPhone5 so far.

How was the baby shower? I usually find those pretty insufferable too. It's awkward because you want to play with the babies and the kids but the parents (who are usually the new parents' second cousins stepdaughter or something) just look at you like "touch my kid and regret it" Or maybe that's just my experience hahaha

I love the iPhone. I don't think I could ever use another smartphone. Luckily whenever we have an upgrade we can get a slightly older model for only $100 - versus the full like $300-$500 for one. Even an iPhone 6 would have only cost me $200. Thus far I'm loving everything about it, just have to remember the thumb lock only works for one of my thumbs. Hahaha

The baby shower was good. By the time I left - the introvert in me can only take catch-up talk and just people in general for so long - there had been only one kid and one baby there. But it was pretty awkward because I only knew a handful of people there (we all went to school together). Catching up wasn't as awful as I thought it would be because my friend whose having the baby is in the same position I was 6 months ago (getting divorced because her husband just decided to become someone else) so the big D word was avoided like the plague.

The most disconcerting thing for me was not feeling anything when the baby came. Like, nothing. Not that usual flutter of 'oh my god, baby!!' - nada. And it was a cute kid too but for the first time in my life it was just... I don't know. Sure it's something my therapist will want to dive into.

Oh gosh, new baby and divorcing. Fun! Poor thing. Ah, she's better off if he's an idiot. Was the baby already born?

It's funny you should say that, because I am not so gaga over babies myself. My friend was over with her little one yesterday and yeah, she's cute, but I don't feel like cooing at her or cuddling her endlessly. I think it's just because I'm really self-absorbed right now, and that's not necessarily a bad thing! Honestly, I think that you and I are really focusing inwardly right now and the rest of the world is kind of just there. You're rebuilding your life so of course you wouldn't feel the urge to pile an infant on top of that. I don't think it means you suddenly hate babies or children, you just have a different vantage point right now.

He really is. I always thought he was a good guy with his head on straight but we see how I've been wrong in that area before, so.... No, she isn't due until next month. They separated shortly after she found out she was pregnant I believe.

That's a good way to look at it (looking inwardly). I'll have to remember that for the therapy session haha. Yeah, I just am not feeling it right now. At all.

Archived