Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

I just got off the phone with Tyler. God this kid is my world. He was in the other room while I was talking to mom - once again having to spell my new last name for her, hahaha - and he heard me on speaker phone and I could hear him running through the house shouting, "I hear B! I hear B!" Mom says every time they walk by one of my pictures in the living room he points at it and says, "Look NayNay, it's B!" He just melts my heart.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi OG,

Unfortunately I only get to come on here when I have a long period of holidays these days.. thought I'd check in with your journal today to see how you are doing. I read through what happened ... I just want to say you have the most beautiful heart and I can only aspire to have half the strength, resilience and character that you do.

Also - amazing work on the weight loss! I've put on way too much weight over the last 8 months and I'm so looking forward to start trying to lose it in a month or so! You look absolutely beautiful in the pictures.

I could write thousands of words more but having read through everything - the last thing you need is to be dragged backwards - you're doing amazingly well. Of course there will be both good and bad days to come but you truly are an inspiration and you have handled everything wonderfully. Merry Christmas.. and I know a wonderful new year will come for you.

Circe!!! Thank you for the kind words. How is your pregnancy? How much longer do you have?

Christmas was, simply, amazing. My aunt cooked like a demon Christmas Eve morning and the entire household pitched in to help. My uncle did random stuff and got the fireplace going, my cousin helped a little with the food, and I kept the dishes caught up. We all ate ourselves into food comas with my aunt's food. My aunt and uncle have me a new pair of PJs - with kitties on them, def. will have to hide these from future boyfriends because they are so not sexy, haha - and a book I have been dying to get a hold of, As You Wish. It's written by the actor who plays the lead in my ultimate favorite movie The Princess Bride and it's about his time while making the movie. I read it in one night, haha. My aunt adored the Wonder Woman gnome I made for her. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the presents.

Tonight my aunt and I went on a girls date night to see Into The Woods. It was really good! Johnny Depp's singing did wonderful things to my lady bits - I told my aunt that in the theatre and she almost chocked on the popcorn she was eating.

So ready for the NY party next week!

Good so far! only 6 more weeks till due date and 3 weeks till full term!!

Ohhh Into the Woods - I'm soooo looking forward to seeing that, I'm glad to hear it's good! I don't think it's been released here yet.

Sounds like an awesome Christmas - I hope I can create something like that next year.

oohhhh I hope it gets released here soon .. it just says "coming soon" on the cinema websites.

It's a boy! We found out really early at 12ish weeks because of a new test called Harmony. It's to test for Downs but it will always give you the gender if you want to know. I'm glad we found out because my husband never really considered that we'd have anything other than a girl. I think he wanted a mini me so that whenever she's naughty he could point and say "see.. she takes after her mum!" .. for our entire marriage whenever we've talked about a child it's been a "she". I also think his mum wanted a girl (she always wanted her own daughter). And my mum definitely wanted a girl (she thinks they're cuter and boys are too foreign to her). I didn't care at all .. I have a probably sexist view that life is easier for boys than girls so for that reason, if I leaned one way or another it was more towards a boy. But I really didn't care.

But now they've all had time to adjust they're all very excited. Just hope it goes ok and that the curse of my mum's horoscope reading 7 years ago (where she told me my first child wouldn't make it) is nothing but total crap.

Happy 2015 everyone!!!

Our New Years Eve party was a BLAST!! So much food and so much wine - in total I had about 4 glasses which, for me, was enough to get me happily drunk, haha. There were about 15 people in total, just really close pseudo family members. We played Cards Against Humanity and at the end I didn't know if my face was red from the wine or laughing so damn much. I only had 3 instances were I almost fell flat on my face drunk - the time I went to stand up out of the floor and would have ended up in the Christmas tree if not for my uncle, walking outside to the fire pit and tripped and was saved by a psuedo family member, and when I tried to sit down on a foot stool (but apparently my ass was bigger than the stool).

I even got a midnight kiss. Friend of the pseudo family was here and we were sat next to each other when it struck midnight. Not even sure how it happened or who initiated it - I was buzzed by this point, couldn't even spell my new last name. He's a cutie though. He's Irish - proper Irish, like born and raised there, not the American thing of everyone saying they are Irish - with a head full of gorgeous black hair which I may or may not have ran my fingers through while kissing him. I forgot how much I love a head full of hair on a guy. Afterward I was in the kitchen pouring another glass of wine and my uncle bumped shoulders with me and said, "Are we trying to work our way through the European accents?" Which sent me into a fit of drunken giggles.

All in all it was a great night with many laughs and I loved ringing it in with these amazing people. Here's to the new year!!

Sick. Blah. I hate having a cold. I slept for 12 hours today - thankfully my third shift counterpart swapped days with me so I've got tonight and tomorrow off to get better. I love that the kids know when I'm not feeling well. I woke up to all three of them snuggled in various places today - Jasper under the covers at my stomach, Luna behind my knees, and Shadowfax next to my head. Luna and Shadowfax are so fat now too. I can't believe Shadowfax is a year old next month!

awww the little darlings ..its hard to thinkof luna been a teenager hahahaha she was the baby .

did you know I lost two of mine ? I think you knew about rhubarb and the anti freeze poisoning , but little rose died as well . Only a few months ago , she came in dragging her back end, at about 8 o clock in the morning ..by 9 I was having her put down ....it was just terrible og , I thought my heart was going to break . She had thrombsosis ... nothing they could do .. I was screaming at the vet to fix her ... terrible ..its making me fill up just telling you ...

So we just have big george now .. me and ems talk about getting a kitten again , but honestly ..I feel like I daren't get attatched again .

How are things going these days? I hope all is well!!

They are going well! Thank you for asking. I'm still battling this blasted cold - although it's tapered off to just a cough for now. I've just been working and writing, also getting things together to start school back in the Fall. Looking forward to that, actually.

Why am I still sick??? God. Just when I thought I was getting better this cold comes back with a vengeance. Damn shoddy immune system.*grumble*

Everyone in the house is sick except my uncle. My aunt and I feel like absolute crap today and he's been taking care of us - bringing us soup, making sure we are wrapped up. Wonderful man.

I am so looking forward to these two days off. So much.

My third shift counterpart and I are kind of... flirting, I guess? I dunno. I'm horrible at flirting. I do it when I don't mean to and when I try it's just horrible. He'll send me a random text throughout the day and I've been in tears from laughter more than once. It's nice.

hahaha!

You know ya'll are the only ones for me!

I am feeling better. It seems like I do okay for a day and then I go back to being sick. I'd say it was shoddy immune system if my aunt weren't doing the same thing. She's worse off than I am now and even sicker than our first go around with this stupid cold.

Archived