Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to be the most f----- up break up in all of relationship history. Last week it was 'the feelings def. won't come back', now it's 'you never know what the future holds but right now this what I know I want.' Let's be a coward and not talk to my wife about how I'm feeling so we might save our marriage but after dropping the biggest bomb shell of her life on her I'm going to try to be an honorable b------.

i'm just shaking my head here. um, it's one thing to say, "we've been in therapy for 6 months, the relationship isn't working, we need to move on." but seriously, unless you've neglected to tell us a big chunk of the story, this just came out of nowhere, and he's telling you to move on (as if he's someone you had 2 dates with).

This has to be the most f----- up break up in all of relationship history. Last week it was 'the feelings def. won't come back', now it's 'you never know what the future holds but right now this what I know I want.' Let's be a coward and not talk to my wife about how I'm feeling so we might save our marriage but after dropping the biggest bomb shell of her life on her I'm going to try to be an honorable b------.

Just don't read into the words - it's a bread crumb. A real effort would be going to marriage counseling.

"You never know what the future holds" to me means, sure, you might get together again, or aliens could land on earth, or there could be peace in the middle east! ANYTHING can happen!!! But it's not any kind of a promise, so it's best to treat it as if it's over and not to hold out false hope.

I'm so sorry this happening to you. This is one of the most f'd up things I have read on here, which makes me even more angry with him because you met each other on here, so he has clearly read threads from broken hearted people during his time here. He KNOWS how much this can hurt. *sigh*

It's like he's using all his ENA knowledge to try to soften the blow but at the same time he's forgotten what heart break feels like. I know I use to joke and call him a robot but this takes it to an extreme.

I did not want to get up this morning. I finally fell asleep about 3 am because of a blasted headache. I left my bedroom door open last night for the children to explore the house without the dogs (they go into the bedroom with my aunt and uncle at night). Shadowfax has clearly been bottling up her crazy because I swear she ran around this house like a banshee last night for 45 minutes. Jasper, being the loveable idiot that he is, ate somethig he shouldn't have and proceeded to puke on my bedroom floor. Ah, the life of a crazy, single cat woman.

Archived