Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Annie's Journal of Dating and Body Hair Removal

annie24

link removed

This looks pretty interesting. Thinking about getting some. I can't see myself ever giving up feminine products, but it seems nice to have extra protection during a period. Before I was on birth control, my periods were 8 days long, some of them very heavy, and I had 36 hours where i was basically incapacitated. Now, it's so light, maybe a day or two long, last month I didn't even have a period.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One time I bled through my pants when I was 11/12. I was at school. I was so mortified that I almost had to go home. One of my teachers (female) helped me pull myself together emotionally and found me a hoodie to wear around my waist.

I couldn't imagine bleeding though all of the time. Those poor girls.

I would donate money just to send them some pads.

One time I bled through my pants when I was 11/12. I was at school. I was so mortified that I almost had to go home. One of my teachers (female) helped me pull myself together emotionally and found me a hoodie to wear around my waist.

I couldn't imagine bleeding though all of the time. Those poor girls.

I would donate money just to send them some pads.

I had that happen too and it was mortifying.

Hmm Annie, I would be very interested to hear your review on that underwear. I love the story and the idea - just recently I was reading about an Indian man who has invented a make-your-own-pads machine, because so many Indian women can't afford pads. But for myself, my instinct is to think "gross". Seems too diaperish, and can you really get them clean by just washing at normal temp? When I've had accidents in the past, I've found it difficult to get stains out properly, so if you're using it as a full pad?? Maybe if I just had some really light but annoying spotting, but as a replacement ... well I would love to hear a review from someone I actually know!

I bet the cloth pads would stain but you could still get them clean by washing in hot water. People who use cloth diapers do same thing. Of course, that can be another issue, the girls being able to get hot water or even just clean water at all. However, I definitely think it's better than nothing. Using plastic down there? Oh those poor girls.

For sanitization purposes, very hot water would be best to kill the bacteria but yeah, cold water is good for stains. However, I doubt the stains could come out if the girls are using the pads for a while day. That's a long time for the blood to sink in. Generally speaking, when you get something that stains really badly, like blood or chocolate, you need to get it treated right away to prevent stains.

I've had to throw out badly stained underwear of mine, and I didn't sit in it all day. It leaked for all of an hour and bam, a terrible stain I can't get out.

Not REALLY meaning to horrify you all, but in the 1990s, I made my own sanitary pads from up bleached calico. I also tried sea spong tampons. there was an Eco-feminist type thing going at the time re the sanitary pads and menstruation. Well, actually the feminist stuff then and menstruation very applicable to these girls.

No, you Don't wash them in hot water. we soaked them in buckets of cold water, and the water was then used as fertiliser on crops or in my case, in the garden - great for roses!!! LOL! If any of you think that's gross, remember that most of you probably eat dead animals. I'm still alive, but I didn't trust the tampons even though I didn't have grouble, but if I wanted to use tampons after that, I used all cotton, I bleached. BTW, tampons are not sterile.

The feminist theory at the time was that many women are at their most creative during their menstruation. they believed that a lot of views passed down to women over a long time was part of a plot to be excluded from civic life. In the small villages, most women menstruated at the same time. banning women from attending meetings at those times meant that they could pass through laws etc without women having any say.

the feminist group I liked at that time were American called Wemoon. they did amazing artistic things. They are still about and could answer questions,here is a link to their store where they sell washable pads.

link removed

I bought a diva cup and tried it. I had a lot of difficulty with it, pain, too much/too tight. Now I don't try it because I hear they aren't recommended for women with IUDs but it's such a shame!! If I could use without difficulty/pain, I totally would!

There's another really great product called Instead Softcups

link removed

I used to use them all the time. Not all stores carry them though but online ordering is available. For IUD users it recommends talking to your doc. I used it when I had the Mirena IUD with no problems at all.

Aw, poor guys here, hearing about our periods and the diva cup and reusable pads, lol.

Yes, I heard about the Indian guy who invented that machine, that is very cool. I'll think about the underwear. Maybe I'll buy it next month, I had a lot of bills this month to take care of. I really wish I had it one time when I was on a long bus ride, wearing a white skirt. I was freaking out the whole time I would bleed through. eek!

I went to a coworker's Super Bowl party. She made some really great food including her Texas-style chili. Missy Elliot was amazing at the halftime show. It was a great surprise!

Oh, I can't remember if I said it here or not, but I'm trying out a new dating app "Bagel meets coffee." It works through Facebook, sort of like tinder. The men it is matching me with are actually pretty cute and accomplished, so so far so good. But no dates lined up yet. I've only talked to one guy on there so far.

Aw, poor guys here, hearing about our periods and the diva cup and reusable pads, lol.

image removed

As far as dating apps go, I heard there is a new one called Hinge. It's like Tinder, except you need to have some degree of facebook connection in order to see each other.

I've had some friends use tinder and hinge. things to think about.... There's a new one called "The League" that's getting some buzz.....

Susan is setting me up with her lawyer friend, we are getting happy hour (the 3 of us) in 2 weeks. we'll see......

In other news, mice are back. this time, they are sitting in my bathroom, trying to stay warm by the radiator. I woke up this morning at 5 AM when one of them succumbed to the peanut butter-laced mousetrap.

Working late tonight, want to give my PI a new version of my manuscript. The goal is to submit it to a journal by the end of this month.....

Archived