Should I text my ex?

Rudy8720

Should I look for my ex?

So my question is if I should look for my ex girlfriend, I mean things like wishing her a nice day or just start conversation after she contacted me?

To give you some context let me tell you how happened, she posted a WhatsApp status of her with a bruise in her arm, I worried and asked her if she was ok, she replied saying that she was and she was thankful I asked, after that we just did small talk and good bye this was on a saturday.

Next day Sunday I posted a picture of a dog sleeping and she reply to that wanting to know if It was mine, that day we ended up texting and voice messaging for like 6 hours, topics like movies, tv series, even things we did during the relationship, and things that went wrong. That was on Sunday, today is Wednesday, so far yesterday we talk in the night because I texted first and now we talked about dates that she had or guys that want to take her out, she gives me little hints that suggest me she doesn’t want a relationship, she told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

We have till this day like 6.5 months since the breakup, and the times I contacted her during that time she didn’t want to talk.

So my question is should I look for her, texting first, wishing her have a nice day, ask her for a meeting, what do you guys think?

No. Unless you want to fill your life with obsessive thoughts about someone who doesn't want you, and you'd rather stay stuck. Every second you spend on her is time not spent on your own healing, your own life, and ultimately finding someone who will adore you. Rest assured, that person isn't her.

She told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

Rule of thumb:

If someone says “you’re a great guy and you would make a great bf” - they may or may not be interested in being your gf.

If someone says “you’re a great guy and you will find a nice girl” - they mean “don’t worry, you’ll find someone, but that someone is not me”.

In general, people don’t want to picture the person they are crushing on with someone else because THEY want that job. If she is mentioning someone else, it usually means “not me”.

we talked about dates that she had or guys that want to take her out, she gives me little hints that suggest me she doesn’t want a relationship, she told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

Yup she is setting a boundary...she is not interested in pursuing a relationship with you...you are so far into the friends zone now, that if you make a move she will kick you into the abyss.

Next day Sunday I posted a picture of a dog sleeping and she reply to that wanting to know if It was mine, that day we ended up texting and voice messaging for like 6 hours, topics like movies, tv series, even things we did during the relationship, and things that went wrong. That was on Sunday, today is Wednesday, so far yesterday we talk in the night because I texted first and now we talked about dates that she had or guys that want to take her out, she gives me little hints that suggest me she doesn’t want a relationship, she told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

She's clearly using you to tie up any loose emotional ends. It probably is comforting for her to know you still want her on this level after 6 months. I wouldn't even say you're getting friendzoned. It's really more like egoboostzoned. Go back to no contact and work on getting over her, because she is not coming back.

If someone says “you’re a great guy and you will find a nice girl” - they mean “don’t worry, you’ll find someone, but that someone is not me”.

I also, very often, means "I've met a nice guy and would feel better texting you if you'd met a nice girl."

Let it fade, buddy.

Every tap of the screen is like pulling stitches from a wound just as it was about to heal.

Short answer: no.

Not until you are 100% healed from the breakup. Anything else is self-sabotage, particularly given some of the topics you are chatting about. It doesn't seem like there's anything necessary about your conversations, and chatting about her relationships is a huge red line.

She's made it clear she has no interest in you. You should wait until you are clear-headed (and hearted) about her before establishing any sort of friendship, otherwise you are basically letting yourself be dragged around by your attachment.

I also, very often, means "I've met a nice guy and would feel better texting you if you'd met a nice girl."

Let it fade, buddy.

Every tap of the screen is like pulling stitches from a wound just as it was about to heal.

This.

It's done, OP. You would be wise to accept that and move on from her.

Sorry to hear this. It's over. You are now in the friendzone and she is treating you as a male-girlfriend. Stop wasting your time and start talking to/dating other girls.

we talked about dates that she had or guys that want to take her out, she gives me little hints that suggest me she doesn’t want a relationship, she told me things like, you are a cool guy and will find a nice girl.

Who dumped who?

If she dumped you, no, do not do this. The only message you respond to is one where she says she made a mistake, she is sorry, and she wants you back.

If you dumped her, then it is up to you to re-initate, but if you did, you need to listen to what bluecastle is saying.

It's ghostly love syndrome - even if you did get back together again, it won;t go well and won't last, you'll just get rejected again, because the love between you has died, and it does not come back. It's not like Hollywood - you get one chance at love per person.

No problem! Fund, er, I mean find a new girlfriend (those two things normally go together!).

Rule of thumb:

If someone says “you’re a great guy and you would make a great bf” - they may or may not be interested in being your gf.

In general, people don’t want to picture the person they are crushing on with someone else because THEY want that job. If she is mentioning someone else, it usually means “not me”.

Agreed!

This is what people do when they are indirectly letting the other person know where they stand.

Archived