Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insomnia

Not yet, haven't been able to.

What do you do to relax ?

FRR, I also have trouble falling and staying asleep and I have to say the 5mg of Melatonin has made a big difference in my sleep patterns. It has helped me fall asleep quicker and also get longer deeper sleep throughout the night. It is also a natural tablet. One other thing I have heard that helps is if you set a bed time and stick to that time each night and then have a wake up time in the morning without hitting the snooze alarm you will after time set a good sleep pattern in your life cycle.

I quit caffeine and I put myself on a strict schedule. I awake early, exercise, eat well, diet constantly, lost 30 pounds and no more late nights. It requires a lot of self discipline. Also, go to the doctor. Get a blood test. Sometimes there's something wrong with your health so get that checked out. You have to be selfish in a positive way when it comes to your health. Take good care of yourself because no one will do it for you.

Agree. Lifestyle changes and a good workup is the first line of defense rather than throwing any OTC, prescription, alternative remedies, street drugs or legal substances at it. These all mask symptoms and do not promote permanent lifestyle changes that result in the resolution of problems. Yet most people would rather grab some stuff from the health food store or pharmacy before putting the effort in to really fix the underlying problems.... because it's easier.
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    I awake early, exercise, eat well, diet constantly, lost 30 pounds and no more late nights. It requires a lot of self discipline. Also, go to the doctor. Get a blood test. Sometimes there's something wrong with your health so get that checked out.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Metaltwin70
    I've had bad insomnia for coming up to 20 years. God knows I know all about it. In my case - I had to go on prescription meds to cope and am still on them/will be on them for the rest of my life. And if one more person tells me to try melatonin or warm milk (BLEUGHHGHG) before bed I'll scream!
    Hi Metal, yeah sleeping issues here too!

I've been prescribed prescription meds but after a bit, built up a tolerance and they stopped working.

Did/does not that happen for you?

Yeah I've heard of folks with chronic insomnia who need to be on the meds for life but wondering how they handle not becoming addicted or building up high tolerance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice