Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have cancer, overwhelmed and just want to leave.

Bronze Member
    Yeah you need to get out. The stress alone can't be helping your illness.

Platinum Member
    Why are you with him???

Ok I will be blunt but I think you need to hear this: you need to remove the focus from your fiance and his kids, and put it back where it belongs, on you. You also need to stop telling yourself this is going to be your last year! I mean of course, if you continue spending all your finances on the leech of fiance and his kids, instead of getting the treatment you need, it may indeed be your last one. But it doesn't have to be! You say you need a complete hysterectomy, and that, combined with chemo or radiation, is sometimes enough to cure someone! So stop wasting time tending to those leeches, and get your treatment! Why resign to a fate that doesn't have to be so?

Also, the stress of it all not only doesn't help, but it will speed up your demise. Now picture the opposite - you get your medical treatment AND you are able to have peace and relax, this will most likely add years to your life!

Your fiance and his kids are mooching off of you, this is very clear to me from your OP (which is all I read). They are probably waiting for you to pass so they can take over your property, can't you see this? And they are treating you like a maid in the process. Why are you allowing this to happen to you?

So, to sum it up: this doesn't have to be your last year, but in order for that to happen you need to: 1. get rid of him and his kids - like, completely out of your life, 2. get treatment 3. Relax, rest and do things for yourself.

It is still within your power to help yourself, you just need to be strong and willing. Good luck!

I think that you need to take care of YOU! I was diagnosed with stage 3 invasive lobular carcinoma Lymph node positive and estrogen positive March 2017 I had double mastectomy and Lymph nodes removed. 5 surgeries within 4 months. No chemo mamo test came back for no chemo but had to do 28 rounds of radiation. Because of radiation many health issues are showing up. I was 46. I don't take any cancer meds. Or hormone pills. The side effects are worse than the cancer in my mind. I take it one day at a time. I have had a wonderful man in my life now for 6 years lived together for 4 of them and he is rock. I think that you need to find your rock in able to be happy. But first you need to find yourself and your happiness will follow, I promise. If you want to talk just let me know, I am always here. I will be praying for you.

Silver Member
    First of all I'm sorry to hear about your illness and what you are going through.

Secondly, absolutely you should leave. They should be doing everything in their power to help you not put you through more problems. Time to put yourself first.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice