Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to go and represent the sexually more conservative group (in regards to who they sleep with) [and assuming they stay single]

20-1

25-3

30-5

35-6

40-at this point they give up hope of marriage.. 60!

>

^my future planned out

I would like to personally thank you for this, Suzy! It literally made me L O L!

That's been about the going rate.

Even though I didn't plan it out as such, when I was 21.

Hahaha, I guess time to suddenly kick on the splurge buttton, huh? Jump without the rip cord. Right-e-o.

I also think it's hard to talk about averages, because a lot depends on the values of various populations. I think it'd be more fair to ask what the average is for people who view sex as recreation, versus groups who view sex as a commitment-bound activity.

Though I guess an average of those two is plausible.

I would say that someone who has 1-2 new sex partners a year, each year, without any of them materializing into an LTR, is on the high end of activity. Not judging, just saying.

I'd say so too.

Hahahah Suzzy, Scorpian, you guys crack me up!!

If he's really my age, don't you find it kind of hypocritical that someone as "young" as me is getting hammered by someone ALSO as "young" as me? lol I may even be older

I also think it's hard to talk about averages, because a lot depends on the values of various populations. I think it'd be more fair to ask what the average is for people who view sex as recreation, versus groups who view sex as a commitment-bound activity.

Though I guess an average of those two is plausible.

Very good point! When I was single, unattached, and travelling, the intimacy meant loads, but knew it was just for awhile. When I settled in, the numbers slacked off, and the feelings deepened. Bell curve, of sorts.

But I also learned the difference between one nighters, FWB's, randoms, and someone I had a connection with.

I know 30 somethings who act 17 and 18 year olds who speak and act like 30+. Intelligence and maturity is the only thing that matters...and I know plenty of "older" people who've shown me that aging guarantees neither.

So.

rofl, lol, etc. etc.

Those are exceptions to the rule. Don't let that fool you into thinking age doesn't matter wrt intelligence and maturity. Age is tied to life experience and that's what matters most.

• 1 month later...

Wow lots of good posts on this thread. I'm 29 and would break down like so

14-1 (Oral)

15-1 (Oral)

16-3 (2 Oral)

17-0

18-2 (Oral)

19-1 (Oral)

20-0

21-0

22-3 (2 Oral)

10 sexual partners

*The 0's above represent a long term relationship in which I cheated

I'm proud of only having intercourse with 2 girls the last of which is now my wife. I lived the college life and never felt the need or desire to sleep around even though most of my friends were. I am a very monogamous person and really value a women who shares my views on sex. I don't think I could marry someone who has slept with a lot of guys, and as crappy as it is I would say a lot would be more than two to me.

The average for someone who becomes active at 16 and goes to college would break down like so in my opinion.

16 to 18-3

18 to 20-3

20 to 22-3

22 to 24-3

24 to ??-probably get married so 1

So 13 sexual partners would probably be average.

I have only been with 1 person and I'm 27. I lost my virginity when I was 24. I will be honest I do worry about what women think that I've only been with one person. Irrational?
Why? I'm on the same boat you are. I lost it when I was 19 (3 months till turning 20). He's the only one still.
See I hate this question, and it irks me. I'm 23, and I'll be honest I've been with 2 people. Both GF's (First one was 1.5 years, last relationship 4 years), I wont have sex with a girl unless I'm dating her. Dont get me wrong, I'm freaky as can be, but i really like being comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. Develop an emotional connection ya know? I'm just weird I guess.. a dieing breed I think.

But I guess if I was to count HOW MANY times I've had sex? Jeez.. I dunno.. It would be a high number lol.

DITTO. Although I am at 3 now. Dating someone new. But also 25 and total of 3 boys... not the type that sleeps with anyone until I am in a relationship. Can't even imagine it actually.

• 1 year later...

I am 29 my girl is turning 31. She is 11 in . I am only deep by two. I kind of freaks me out that she started having sex at 15. I lost my virginity at 21. I felt it was due. I'm just disgusted that someone can have a buddy with someone they hear from once every month. Go figure. I need to find someone more serious and get rid of this. I need a wifey.

See I hate this question, and it irks me. I'm 23, and I'll be honest I've been with 2 people. Both GF's (First one was 1.5 years, last relationship 4 years), I wont have sex with a girl unless I'm dating her. Dont get me wrong, I'm freaky as can be, but i really like being comfortable with someone before sleeping with them. Develop an emotional connection ya know? I'm just weird I guess.. a dieing breed I think.

But I guess if I was to count HOW MANY times I've had sex? Jeez.. I dunno.. It would be a high number lol.

yah. that's an interesting consideration. for those of us who've been in long-term relationships for extended periods. and who would bother keeping track of that?

also find it interesting that there's an apparent correlation between numbers and skills? lol. whoever made that point...cheers for making me laugh.

Knowing your partner has had multiple partners, makes it almost impossible to trust them and form any kind of real bond. lol i can't take relationships at all seriously, they've almost gone. I find it hard to date atm knowing in my heart, there is no emotion or any realistic chance of anything long term- its all seems rather absurd and pointless.

Wow...I disagree with that first sentence so much, I'm almost speechless.

Maybe YOU can't trust someone who has been with multiple partners, but that has never been a problem for me, and I have massive trust issues. In fact, the ones that were virgins or had few partners are the ones who turned out to be the LEAST trust-worthy, in my particular case.

Agreed with you on one thing, though...if you can't take any relationship seriously, and you "know in your heart" that there is no emotion or realistic chance for anything long term, then it is probably better that you aren't giving anyone false hopes by dating them.

Even in my worst moments, right after a breakup, I have never been as utterly pessimistic as you seem to be. I respect your right to be a pessimistic, but wow...personally, I can barely fathom it.

Edited to add: I've been with 17 guys in my life, the first 15 were when I was between the ages of 18 and 30, lol....only 2 since then. ^,^

These numbers sound ridiculous but some people are just more carefree than others I guess.

If my ex had sex with everyone who has asked her out, she would've had like 8 partners by the age of 15. Luckily I'm the only one...

or am I...?

These numbers sound ridiculous but some people are just more carefree than others I guess.

If my ex had sex with everyone who has asked her out, she would've had like 8 partners by the age of 15. Luckily I'm the only one...

or am I...?

I agree. I don't know how these numbers are even possible.

Archived