Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

I'm 21 and have had 2 partners.

My boyfriend has had about 7 partners or so but he's much older than I am.

I don't have sex with someone unless I'm in a relationship with them and I don't date guys who do. It shows that they have a different idea of what sex is than I do and I'm not interested in that.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These numbers sound ridiculous but some people are just more carefree than others I guess.

If my ex had sex with everyone who has asked her out, she would've had like 8 partners by the age of 15. Luckily I'm the only one...

or am I...?

It's the internet. People can claim any number they want.

LOL

I've had sex with 965 people.

I'm 22, and I've been with 5. I lost my virginity at 18, so that averages out to 1.25 partners/year for me. One was a serious relationship, one was a short-term dating relationship thing, and three were whatevers.

I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of my number. I would much rather say I've only had 2-3, but it's whatever.

I was just looking at some “average number of partners” statistics online at:

link removed

It never fails to amaze me how odd these surveys look. The only way for the numbers not to be exactly identical between the sex’s is if we have more gay men changing partners then gay women changing partners. Or vis versa.

If only heterosexual people were included the number would be identical.

Considering every country except New Zealand shows men having had more sexual partners than women I can only assume gay men have more partners than gay women. It would have to be a big difference to make such an impact on the overall statistics though.

Without the amount of judgment that I've seen here on ENA for people that have had a greater amount of sexual partners, I highly doubt that.

They might see it as jealousy tho.

People like to inflate the numbers in real life, so why wouldn't people do it on the net?

They might see it as jealousy tho.

People like to inflate the numbers in real life, so why wouldn't people do it on the net?

There's no point and it's not like I'll be impressed by it. Actually it would be a deal-breaker. I wouldn't date a guy that claimed to having slept with 100 women. If that was a lie just because he thinks it's a turn-on in his mind, then I still wouldn't date him: 1) for lying and 2) for lack of maturity.
There's no point and it's not like I'll be impressed by it. Actually it would be a deal-breaker. I wouldn't date a guy that claimed to having slept with 100 women. If that was a lie just because he thinks it's a turn-on in his mind, then I still wouldn't date him: 1) for lying and 2) for lack of maturity.

I totally agree, I mean I wouldn't judge said person badly but it wouldn't be what I want in a partner. I prefer someone on a more equal level of experience to me personally anyway.

If they lied, they wouldn't have done it because they thought it was a turn-on.

They lie because, even though they are hidden behind a username, they still like the attention when people on here read their number and go..."Woah this guy must be pro. 200 partners and he's only 20."

They lie because, even though they are hidden behind a username, they still like the attention when people on here read their number and go..."Woah this guy must be pro. 200 partners and he's only 20."

Or we think wow, wonder how many of them were wet dreams.

Exactly.

It's about the attention and making oneself look like they are very experienced and must be able to get tons of chicks.

It's gross to me.

I wouldn't want a partner who had a lot of partners. I want someone genuine and a lot like me. Being able to be good in bed doesn't really mean a lot to me if it's just some "skill" to him that he "practices" on a lot of women. It's nothing special in that regard.

I was just looking at some “average number of partners” statistics online at:

link removed

It never fails to amaze me how odd these surveys look. The only way for the numbers not to be exactly identical between the sex’s is if we have more gay men changing partners then gay women changing partners. Or vis versa.

If only heterosexual people were included the number would be identical.

Considering every country except New Zealand shows men having had more sexual partners than women I can only assume gay men have more partners than gay women. It would have to be a big difference to make such an impact on the overall statistics though.

Nah, averages don't have to be identical. Because averages don't sample literally the whole population...And the chart does say that the averages are between hetero couples.

Archived