Average number of partners at different age brackets?

herewegoagain

There are exceptions to every rule....that's a given.

But men in general inflate the actual number, women tend to leave out a few. This has been documented for decades. If every man actually slept with the number of women he claimed, then the average for men between the ages of 20-60 wouldn't be 7...it'd be 27. And the average for women would be about 2. lol. The data every time this study is done proves Dr. House right yet again: "Everybody lies."

Why? because of the same reasons society tends to put double standards on the sexes in the first place: Men who sleep around are studs, women who do the same thing are "easy." That social stigma still exists whether we like it or not.

but I don't think it's an exception.. and what you are talking about the men-studs-women-easy is no new idea.

I don't think people usually lie about this sort of stuff.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't a topic people lie about MORE than sex. Just google the phrase "people lie about sex partners" and see what you come up with.

And yes, the double standard regarding promiscuity has been around for years. That's the point. Until it changes, people will continue to lie. Why? Because we fear being judged.

Also, in your first post you say that you know men who "Shave a few off" the number, and women who inflate the number.

And then you say that you don't think people lie about this stuff.

Those two statements conflict with each other. Are you disagreeing just to disagree? lol

It's totaly different for everyone.

I waited til I was 18. Since my boyfriend, I have only been with one guy before that. My ex. My boyfriend is the one I plan on spending the rest of my life with.

My neighbors have been together since they were 14, and they've ONLY been with eachother.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I am a 25 year old successful man. Who happens to still be a virgin in both intercourse and oral sex. And, it hasnt been from lack of trying.

I am a people watcher and have the misfortune of being "That guy friend" that women will talk to and occasionally confide in. Which has led to some conversations involving so-called friends' sexual experience and number of partners.

I believe women get offended about the fact that there are a large number of their gender who play down their number of partners by rationalizing "sexual partner". By this I mean that they may or may not count: an oral encounter that led no further, one night stands with strangers, and the more common forgotten name or encounter which lowers it as well. It is understandable since they do not usually want to be seen as * * * * s. Which is what men not only look for but do not respect either.

Men I believe will either grossly inflate, due to big ego or poor self-esteem. It is pushed just as much with men to be promiscuous as it is for women to be prude. But men also look for the promiscuous women. Therefore, women will act or put on an appearance of such to get attention, but remain true to their prude behavior out of self-respect or whatever reason they identify strongly with. Men will feel less desirable if they lack experience, which gives sign of lack of ability or undersized; therefore appearing undesirable, which brings us back to the lying.

I say both genders lie about the number of partners, which is pushed by our culture, but I also believe that men are more prone to lie in drastic amounts. Where women lie through rationalization or a lack of full memory on the total values, but do so less, though there may be a few who drastically reduce. I find that to be a less likely situation as with their counter part doing the opposite.

My neighbors have been together since they were 14, and they've ONLY been with eachother.

What I want to know is why/how you know so much about your neighbor?

With that said i'm 21 and i've been with 4 guys. All that i've been in a relationship with at the time.

Wow, I'm 21 and have had 3 (one in a long-term relationship, two others one-night things).

This is by no means low among my friends - I'd say I have a pretty average group of friends at an average UK university all similar ages to me ranging from late teens to mid twenties, all from varying backgrounds with differing religious views or lack thereof, different lifestyles likes and dislikes - and I don't think I know anyone who has slept with more than about 7 - and some are still virgins - and the majority have just had the one or two in long-term relationships!

I never thought we were that abnormal! In fact out of my fairly wide group of friends, even the ones who like to go clubbing and partying all the time, don't really seem to do one-night stands.

i'm 25 and i'm up to 9.. i have thought about it about and think hmm, maybe thats a lil much cos only 2 of them where with long term partners.. and the majority where all close together.. but who cares if its all safe and your havng fun.

19 - 1

23 - 5

25 - 3

My friend almost bedded a 24 year old he met at a club a few weeks back. They kept in touch over spring break and finally went on a date the following week. She didn't want to sleep with him because she was sorta seeing some guy, this was after they're in bed together by the way. She's hesitating sleeping with him and he said she's only probably slept with only a handful of guys, basically trying to get her to not see herself as being * * * * ty. Then she drops the bombshell that she'd slept with over 70 guys. He said something to the effect "wow you are a wh*re" and she told him to leave. We all laughed, but he probably dodged an STD bullet with that one.

I'm going to go and represent the sexually more conservative group (in regards to who they sleep with) [and assuming they stay single]

20-1

25-3

30-5

35-6

40-at this point they give up hope of marriage.. 60!

>

^my future planned out

he probably got kicked out of her room and told you that story.

and who uses the word 'bedded' to describe a hookup? weird to me, never heard that.

Technically she was "bedding" him since she brought him back to her place. Still, it was a mutual thing, right up until he called her that While I think he should have kept his mouth shut, I'm all for calling a spade a spade. Still, I try to be nonjudgemental as much as possible.

This a totaly bias topic and has nothing to do with age.

It TOTALY depends on the person.

I didn't even have sex until I was 18 and have only been with 2 guys. One was my ex, the other is my boyfriend I have been with for over a year and the one I plan on spending the rest of my life with.

I could never do sex unless I was in a total commited relationship. Hook-ups are meaningless and sleazy to me.

Without love and commitment, sex means nothing to me.

Archived